Home

The Old Republic to be Exclusive to EA?s New 'Origin' Service

News

EA has announced a new online service today called Origin, which will provide a storefront for all EA-published games on PC and offer features similar to competing platforms such as Steam. The Origin web store is currently live with over 150 titles, and the downloadable client is available as a beta. While Origin will offer [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

@ DAWUSS: Origin Systems, the creator of the Ultima and Wing Commander series. There are others here who are that oldskool :p

As for the Steam competitor... I doubt this'll mean that EA will stop selling its games on Steam, but when Steam sales come around you can bet that EA games won't be marked down.

@ DAWUSS: Origin Systems, the creator of the Ultima and Wing Commander series. There are others here who are that oldskool :p

As for the Steam competitor... I doubt this'll mean that EA will stop selling its games on Steam, but when Steam sales come around you can bet that EA games won't be marked down.

EA also bought the later disbanded Origin Systems, but I'm sure you implied that :p

Also I think I read that the versions of EA's new games on this "Origin" store would just feature more extras, or exclusive limited editions, no doubt more of that day 1 DLC bull**** they've been shoving down our throats. Anyway, pretty sure TOR is the only game atm announced as digitally available only through this store. Guess I'll be picking it up retail.

Archived