Home

[K1] Republic Soldier Armor Request

Sir Vougalot

Yes, I am aware that someone (probably several people) have made mods that add the red-and-yellow soldier armor as items that you can equip. And that is awesome! However, my request expands upon that.

I humbly request:

- that the soldier in the little column thingy when you select your class at the beginning of the game be shown wearing the Republic soldier armor.

- that it be the armor retrieved from your personal locker aboard the Endar Spire if playing as a soldier.

- that the helmet also be available, but separate from the armor, as a headgear (optional).

- that there be two helmets in the locker, one for Revan and one for Trask (optional).

- that the locker in your apartment on Taris be loaded with the scoundrel clothing (my favorite clothing type), with the idea that Carth went out and purchased them for you while you were asleep, because a Republic soldier running around on a Sith-occupied world would be quite the red flag. (Adding a few stat bonuses to the clothing might be a nice bonus as well, but not really necessary.)

I don't know much about modding, but I know that this request should be relatively simple to accommodate. Thanks very much in advance.

As far as I know, the Trask model does not accommodate head gear. I made that mod that has the Republic items, and I don't think that I ever got Trask to be able to wear the headgear.

If he isn't, it isn't too hard to do. (Thanks to VarsityPuppet's wonderful head compilation tutorial.) In fact, if needed/wanted, I could see about getting him able to equip head gear. :)

The helmets are actually the least of my concern. What I'd really like is for the Republic armor to appear on the soldier class at the start of the game, for the armor to be in the footlocker aboard the Endar Spire, and for the scoundrel's clothes to be in the footlocker in the apartment on Taris.

The helmets are actually the least of my concern. What I'd really like is for the Republic armor to appear on the soldier class at the start of the game, for the armor to be in the footlocker aboard the Endar Spire, and for the scoundrel's clothes to be in the footlocker in the apartment on Taris.

Having the Republic armor wearable for Soldiers isn't a problem.(and a few mods already do so). As for allowing the Soldier class to wear the Scoundrel clothing, well, it isn't going to work. You'd have to chose a appearance.2da slot to replace, and unless one is willing not to wear the Revan armor, then you'd be replacing at least one defense class of the armors to make this happen, all for one wearable item.

Not to mention the scripting to only spawn the new item if the player is of the Soldier class, and possibly having to change a file reference somewhere so the game spawns a unique footlocker in the starting room, since the one used currently has it's items loaded by a script.

Actually, it IS possible to have the seperate class clothing as wearable items without overwriting anything.

You'd just need a clothing item with a disguise property. So say if you were P_MAL_C_LRG_02 (2nd caucasian male soldier) you'd just need to set the disguise to P_MAL_C_SML_02 to get scoundrel etc etc.

Only trouble with that is you'd need a separate item for EVERY appearance, which would make for one HELL of a full container ingame. Unless you used a script which determines which item to spawn based on your appearance...

Really speaking, you could have ANY body model to use without replacing anything using this method. It's a hell of a lot of work, mind.

Depends how much effort someone would be willing to go to really. :)

Archived