Home

The Custom User Interface Thread

Lynk Former

NOTICE: I'll be adding more to this opening post to make it more helpful, so stay tuned.

Welcome to our official custom user interface thread! In here you'll be able to share your personal custom made user interfaces with other folks on the forum.

<insert tutorial here :p>

Once you've created your custom interface and have saved it, you will then be able to grab an XML file and share this with other people.

For Windows 7/Vista this file is located at...

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles

Replace "USERNAME" with which ever user you're logged in as on your PC.

The file you're looking for will be the whatever you named your custom UI in the editor. For example, I've named mine "Lynk Former" so the file name will appear as "Lynk Former.xml"

Simply put that xml file into a zip and then post it up here with a picture of what your custom UI looks like and we can start sharing away! You can post as many different types of custom interfaces as you want and members are welcome to comment on them too.

To use any of the custom UI's, simply unzip the XML file and then put it into the GUIProfiles folder...

For Windows 7/Vista this folder is located at...

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles

Replace "USERNAME" with which ever user you're logged in as on your PC.

At this stage in time we don't have any uploading facilities to use... however there are many places around the net where you can upload files. My personal suggestion is to use some kind of cloud storage services such as Dropbox or Skydrive.

NOTICE: I'll be adding more to this opening post to make it more helpful, so stay tuned.

Lynk Former (version 1.0)

Download: http://files.twilightlynk.com/swtor/ui/lynk-former_v1-0.zip

This is a pretty standard design, I've reduced the global size down to 0.9 and kept some of the UI elements in the general area they started. Chatbox and social stuff is still on the top left, companion, party and ops group information will be on the bottom left. I have enabled the target of target parts of the UI for the party elements.

The two main quickbars are still at the bottom center along with the player info and enemy info areas. The enemy info area will disappear if you aren't targeting anything. Once you have an enemy targeted, you'll be able to see their target.

On the bottom right side you have another vertical quickbar as well as your mission log that is rooted from the bottom and not the top like it is in the default UI.

On the top right are the menu options, map and another quickbar for toggles and such. I've also used the space up there for your companion bar if you choose to use that.

This UI is mostly used for PvE and endgame content. It's not tested but I believe it to be a good all-rounder for those two purposes.

Of course, any suggestions and comments are welcome. Try it out and let me know what you think.

lynk-former_v1-0.jpg

UPDATED: Lynk Former (version 1.1)

Download: http://files.twilightlynk.com/swtor/ui/lynk-former_v1-1.zip

After some hands on testing, made some minor positional changes, though the space mission HUD has been much improved. I have moved the Missile HUD element over to the bottom left and docked it to the Ship Status HUD down there so that folks only need to glance in that one location to see everything they need to see.

lynk-former_v1-1_1.jpg

lynk-former_v1-1_2.jpg

lynk-former_v1-1_3.jpg

I tweeked mine to more or less be like before the update. Just more used to it I guess.

Also, does anyone have the problem where if your companion has a lightsaber it is ignited after entering the game or using a taxi? Also the first time after they put their lightsaber on their belt it is still lit. Only after the second time using it do things go back to normal.

UPDATED: Lynk Former (version 1.2)

Download: http://files.twilightlynk.com/swtor/ui/lynk-former_v1-2.zip

I did a some more tinkering to try to make the UI a bit more healer friendly. For folks who don't use Focus Target, this won't appear on your UI, but for folks who do, here's how Focus Targeting is set up on my UI... also this screenshot also shows you the Operations frames. Healers will want to move this element around to position it in a much more healer friendly location, but at the moment it's set on the far left for everyone else.

lynk-former_v1-2.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

UPDATED: Lynk Former (version 2.1)

Download: http://files.lynkformer.com/swtor/ui/lynk-former_v2-1.zip

The big change in 2.1 is the addition of the Galactic Starfighter UI. Basically, I wanted all of the UI elements at the bottom of the screen to free up as much of the top space as possible to make it easier for you to spot enemy ships. The bottom left and right areas of the screen aren't as important but if you want more visibility you can make the map screen transparent.

ibuQJKagmVRhhc.jpg

As for the standard UI, not much has changed, just a few tweaks here and there. You can compare the screenshot below with the 2.0 screenshot to see them.

i78Q61zU4U5jr.jpg

Archived