Your thoughts on expanding LF's influence to PvP

Interested in PvP?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in PvP?

• Yes, Definitely.
    • No.
    • Somewhat. (please elaborate)
    • I'll try it but no gaurantees.

Since both LFN guilds have moved to The Harbinger, it's been opened up to a much larger PvP userbase which means there's quite a lot of activity in open world PvP and Warzones.

Are you suggesting the guilds get more involved with that or are you suggesting that people start a new guild on a PvP server? Your opening post is extremely vague.

Nothing stops members of the LF Guilds to play PvP, especially since, as Lynk pointed at, we've moved to The Harbinger. The LF Guilds are primarily a casual PvE guild and as far as I'm concerned, that's the way it should be. But that doesn't mean we can't try to organize some PvP matches sometimes, in the same vein as we organize World Boss killings or Datacron hunting (we really should start one of those some time :p). The only problem would be having enough members to do so, other than that, I'm all for it.

This is my first MMO, closest I've come to PVP is healing Mav, Lynk and Jeff when a couple Imps decided to attack Lynk.

Wouldn't mind trying it with my shadow, but it isn't something that really interest me beyond a curiosity.

@Miltiades - I'm willing to do a datacron run anytime, I know I am missing most of the middle ones on all my toons. This was something I wanted Lynk to do since he pretty much had them all, but I sure with the help of Google search we can figure it out.

Since both LFN guilds have moved to The Harbinger, it's been opened up to a much larger PvP userbase which means there's quite a lot of activity in open world PvP and Warzones.

Are you suggesting the guilds get more involved with that or are you suggesting that people start a new guild on a PvP server? Your opening post is extremely vague.

More the latter, but I was unaware PvE could encompass PvP?

I have some things on my mind, just trying to get a clearer picture of the digital landscape before making any big decisions.

I was thinking along these lines:

Main division

4 guilds total

2 guilds PvP and 2 guilds PvE; I'd be interested in making PvP somewhat open and I'd give familiar people first option.

Joker Division

2 guilds (further details as things develop)

Main division:

slightly more serious than joker division

PvP would be open.

The PvE are for people I know IRL who may or may not play well with others and aren't big joiners.

Joker division:

2 guilds. Probably on a desolate server. As you guessed it these ones are for screwing off and possibly for... *cough* filming. I guess I can go into details if you'd like.

Well, as I said, there's nothing stopping anyone in our two PvE guilds from participating in PvP activities on The Harbinger. Back when they were still based on Vornskr, Mav did a hell of a lot of PvP Warzoning and Mav and Jeff also did quite a bit of PvP on Ilum as well. Jeff is also always flagged for PvP at all times.

If you were to create a set of Republic and Imperial PvP guilds on a PvP server, you could invite other LFNers to join you, sure, but they wouldn't actually be an official LFN guild. The very least bit of support we could give is maybe allow you to use a PvP guild forum (which doesn't exist at the moment), but that would only happen if you get SIGNIFICANT LFN user support for your guilds and there is a big demand for having a forum of your own on here to use and plan guild activities on.

Otherwise, right now, there's nothing stopping from anyone in TWC and IMB from participating in PvP activities on The Harbinger.

Archived