Home

Navy SEAL Team Six Members Disciplined

Totenkopf

The funny part is that even if they have revealed "tactics, techniques and procedures", that was completely irrelevant to Warfighter, which was the blandest, most generic possible Call of Duty clone. Thinking back over it, I can't think of one thing I learned from that game about the SEALs or what they do that I don't already know from other video games.

So what, SEALs go into slow-motion when breaching and then take five headshots? That new, completely useless breaching options are made available to SEALs that take said headshots? That SEALs drive completely recklessly chasing targets through Pakistan's biggest city?

Seven current members of the Navy's elite SEAL Team Six, including one involved in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, have received non-judicial punishments for having served as paid consultants for the video game "Medal of Honor: Warfighter."

Non-judicial punishments allow commanders to discipline service members administratively instead of pursuing a legal process that could lead to a court martial.

Doesn't sound like too much of a punishment to me. So that means they get like, what...two or three months of their military pay docked and a suspension?

If that's the case, they probably made a crap load of money (more then they would have in military service) as game consultants. Something tells me they knew what they were doing, regardless of the consequences.

Doesn't sound like too much of a punishment to me. So that means they get like, what...two or three months of their military pay docked and a suspension?

If that's the case, they probably made a crap load of money (more then they would have in military service) as game consultants. Something tells me they knew what they were doing, regardless of the consequences.

Might not even be that:

NJP explained

If you made it to E6 without getting at least one Article 15(Captains Mast in the Navy), you haven't had any fun.... For the most part it's like a warning. I had one by the time I got to E4.

Am I missing something? How did it take them to reveal themselves BEFORE the army had a problem with it? Did the army not know about MoH or something?

NAVY! Don't you DARE call the NAVY SEALS, Army!

Most likely it was when something classified was revealed within the game. Of course it could have just taken them that long to find out from the publisher(EA) who the consultants were, and what they consulted on.

I guess it's ok to reveal these kinds of things (tactics, etc..) when lionizing the Prez, but otherwise....... :rolleyes:

Yeah I don't think secrets mean anything anymore since everyone was alright when the former administration was outing CIA operatives for political gain. Better not punish soldiers for revealing a few minor secrets when the country was fine with that. :rolleyes:

Yeah I don't think secrets mean anything anymore since everyone was alright when the former administration was outing CIA operatives for political gain. Better not punish soldiers for revealing a few minor secrets when the country was fine with that. :rolleyes:

Right, b/c I naturally said that they shouldn't be reprimanded, eh? :rolleyes:

no but I say they better not get punished beyond a simple reprimand, since I see no big deal. Hell if anything they just sold a few hundred copies to help our economy. Al Qaeda cells all over the world will be picking up "Medal of Honor: Warfighter" to learn our secrets..hell these guys are job creators not just terrorist killers.

Let me show you my awesome gear.

*Gets written up for "breaking" some kind of NDA, the terms of which are necessarily vague to cover as much ground and give the authorities as much dominance over people as possible*

Yeah. Like one of my rich idiotic ultra paranoid health-nut (who always gets sick anyway) clients had me sign an NDA for some kind of lost works of art he discovered--don't even remember by whom. I can't go into details or I can be sued...if I actually evem knew of any. :dozey:

Because we know disclosure means they have license to kill you. :D

no but I say they better not get punished beyond a simple reprimand, since I see no big deal. Hell if anything they just sold a few hundred copies to help our economy. Al Qaeda cells all over the world will be picking up "Medal of Honor: Warfighter" to learn our secrets..hell these guys are job creators not just terrorist killers.

I've got no problem w/non-judicial punishment in this case. I think TC pretty much covered it.

Archived