Home

Final Fantasy XV for 2015?

Blix

I was just thinking about the history of the Final Fantasy series, and their latest release being FFXIII-2 and future release Lighting Returns: FFXIII. We've gotten FFXIV (another mmo), and still expecting FF vs XIII sometime in the next decade or so, but what about XV? If Nomura is busy working on Kingdom Hearts and Versus, and if there was to be a new director logically XV would be the next step right? Has anyone seen the Agni's Philosophy video?

If not:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Many people speculate that AP is actually a teaser for FFXV, despite Square-Enix's adamant denials. I think it 'could' be related to XV, in the sense that perhaps the same elements used in the video could be present in XV. As of right now there is nothing known about a potential Final Fantasy XV, only rumors and speculation. However, I think that we will hear something by mid/early 2013 - and because the date will sync up perfectly, I think SE might try for a 2015 release of the 15th installment of the series (or at least an early 2016 release with a 2015 full reveal).

Thoughts? Comments?

Agni's Philosophy is pretty much what that remade FF VII intro was: a display of raw graphic and engine power for our eyes to feast upon and get even more interested in current and future Squeenix projects. And man, does it work. Now, since both are tech demos, they're not happening as games. That's why I believe Agni's Philosophy is just a very nicely done short.

That does not mean we won't be getting any FFXV news next year. In fact, I have my suspicions that they've already begun working on XV, since it won't take less than four years to see the light of day anyway. When we'll hear about it is another matter altogether. Guess when they have something for show, on the TGS or on a event of their own.

Also, Versus will be the first title Nomura will be directing, so I'm pretty sure they have another name up their sleeve for XV.

Many people speculate that AP is actually a teaser for FFXV, despite Square-Enix's adamant denials. I think it 'could' be related to XV, in the sense that perhaps the same elements used in the video could be present in XV. As of right now there is nothing known about a potential Final Fantasy XV, only rumors and speculation. However, I think that we will hear something by mid/early 2013 - and because the date will sync up perfectly, I think SE might try for a 2015 release of the 15th installment of the series (or at least an early 2016 release with a 2015 full reveal).

I remember that at E3, I checked Squeenix's site for the video and the they had a survey going on. Interestingly, the questions there were less about the engine and the graphics, and more about the world and characters, and if you'd like to see a game based in that world/setting. I always thought that was an indirect confirmation that AP, if not Final Fantasy XV itself, is a tease for both the art and graphics of the game.

Archived