Home

Weird Ebon Hawk Issues

Fair Strides 2

Yeah, like it says. I managed to replace the tutorial Ebon Hawk with the normal hawk, but there's a problem that cropped up.

If you leave the hawk and try to re-enter it, the game freezes while saving, before it loads the module. If you load the autosave that is still generated, the game freezes while loading.

I believe the issue is because I copied the module. Would changing the area tag and names of the .git, .are, and .ifo fix the issue, assuming I extracted and renamed the .vis and .lyt accordingly?

Has anyone else ever encountered a similar issue? I imagine this might be answered by Logan23, HarIII, and/or Trex.

In kotor .mod takes priority over the original module. So why can't you just take the .are and .ifo of the normal Ebon hawk. Then take the charecters, placeables, sounds, etc...and the .git from the tutorial Ebon hawk, compile that into a .mod and if should work fine.

1. The game seems to hate me combining .rims into .mod...

2. And the object of the exercise was to completely replace the tutorial with a barebones version of the normal hawk. That works fine, but the normal hawk is broken...

Try it without changing the prefixes in the .are, .git, and .ifo files. That is unless you already hex edited it so that you can skin it without changing the original Ebon Hawk. Then when you compile it, use whatever name you want for the .mod file, in this case I believe it is 001ebo.mod.

Try it without changing the prefixes in the .are, .git, and .ifo files. That is unless you already hex edited it so that you can skin it without changing the original Ebon Hawk. Then when you compile it, use whatever name you want for the .mod file, in this case I believe it is 001ebo.mod.

Okay. Could you PM me with the steps? All I did was extract everything, rename the .rims to 001EBO instead of 003EBO. Then edited the inside files to what I wanted to happen. Only after I got it working in-game was it discovered that 003EBO was freezing...

Archived