• A real desk at home
    • A real desk at work
    • On top of the washing machine
    • I have a computer you antiquated buffoon
    • Robots are stealing my post
    • I have an assistant who takes care of all that
    • Where I have beer

0wdkl2e.jpg

2 5:4 monitors, my belovèd IBM Model M keyboard (from 1986, with real mechanical keys using buckling springs), some generic Logitech mouse, some speakers, a stack of CD-R spindles I often use to prop another speaker satelite up (but I frequently move them near my bed when I'm watching a movie), writeable desk pad, a glass, a mug with tea, assorted pens and pencils, some tissues and peppermints.

Not pictures: a CRT to the right holding a stack of notes, also a commode with a whole pot of tea on a tea candle.

On my desk one can see tissues (allergies,) an old map of London, a little drawer for watches, rings and whatnot with superglue, a statue of Vishnu subduing a primordial multi-headed snake (which I've always taken for an interesting way of describing the collapsing of quantum possibilities into one cohesive timeline) and the remote control to my fan, a small clock, a rotating blue dolphin lamp, petrified wood, my silver zen ring, a lighter in a leather case, two collapsible bump speakers attached to my old Sony Walkman (offscreen) which I use to listen to radio because it eludes the buzz my wi-fi puts out, vitamins and coffee. There is also a 1/700 scale model U-boat hanging from the top, and in the darkness to the right, one can just make out the labels on the drawers I use to organize the little parts I use in my model-building projects.

The computer I'm using these days is an I-pad, not pictured here. :dozey:

*(Blows up the picture of McCoy's monitors, reads code and hacks into the Enterprise mainframe to send the ship spiraling into the sun.)*

Not technical? What did you expect, I'm mainly a software engineer.

Sure, I would like a big desk with an expensive soldering station and place to leave breadboards and stuff about. But I have neither the place nor the money right now; I'm doing my occasional soldering on the table in the living room.

Not technical? What did you expect, I'm mainly a software engineer.

Sure, I would like a big desk with an expensive soldering station and place to leave breadboards and stuff about. But I have neither the place nor the money right now; I'm doing my occasional soldering on the table in the living room.

contemporary-cutting-boards.jpg

Now you're talking, can't beat freshly baked crusty bread. Not sure why you'd think that was technical mind, but hell, I'm all for it.

Archived