Home

Ancient technology

Zoom Rabbit

Was there an advanced civilization in the world's past?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Was there an advanced civilization in the world's past?

• Yes, there were advanced human technologies in the past
    • Yes, there were alien technologies on Earth on the past
    • No, it's all malarkey
    • No, it's all balderdash
    • The advanced technologies found are actually from the future
    • Time is actually cyclical in nature; the future is the past
    • Robots are clearly stealing my post

I was listening to my favorite radio show recently, a talk show about the paranormal, and their guest mentioned in passing a 13,000 year old satellite found in Earth's orbit. Doing some investigation of my own, I found this video on youtube:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

:dozey: I'm not sure what to think about this one. Authors and whack-os of all sorts have been going on about ancient technology for years now. Eric Von Daniken's books, as quick as they are to jump to conclusions, do bring up some interesting evidence. A piece of equipment in space...well, it's far out there, so to speak, but it is one place where something like that would remain untouched by human hands for millennia.

I may post more stuff. Crazy stuff. :max: Does Earth have a forgotten past, with advanced technology? Respond to the poll, and register your opinion.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reminded of my roommate who believed the Malaysian flight was abducted by aliens. :weirdo: I on the other hand was certain there was a Bermuda's Triangle kind of deal going on there.

Where the heck did everyone disappear to?! :swear: We can't keep this place rocking if there's no one to rock with!! :mad:

...Or is it down the rabbit hole? :max:

Artifacts found in space are of particular interest to me. Finding a watch on the bottom of the sea isn't remarkable, but finding that same watch on the moon is a different matter.

Or a robot's head, like in this photo snapped at Shorty crater by astronauts Schmitt and Cernan of Apollo 17.

5.jpg

Here is a close-up.

6.jpg

No, they're actually there. :max:

I asked my Chinese cousin, Jade Rabbit, to go and take a look for me. He said yes, the building was a gas station, and the crashed space capsule had a window where you could look in at the skeletal pilot.

Remember that watch at the bottom of the ocean I mentioned earlier?

Well, it is remarkable if the watch in question is an astronomical timepiece that keeps track of the position of moon and planets, and it uses miniaturized clockwork that was not supposedly invented for another 1,400 years.

antikythera-mechanism_exhibited_2.jpg

This device was recovered off the Greek island of antikythera in 1900, and is dated to the first century BCE. Mechanical clocks weren't developed in Europe until the fourteenth century.

Here is a reconstruction of how it appeared:

061129_antiky_remade_hmed_1030a.grid-6x2.jpg

The gears and clockworks inside:

recon.gif

:max: How can this be...?

IEric Von Daniken

Oh, **** off, that guy is a crank. He doesn't bring up any evidence, just wild speculation. Aliens did not build the pyramids as an UFO landing platform.

And just take a look at what the publisher where his books are published also...well, publishes. Neo-nazi right-wing esoterics. Anti-vaccination bull****.

This kinda reminds me of that tv series about those guys who can't stay in a polluted Earth any more so they move to prehistoric Earth using a portal but they eventually find stuff that's not supposed to be there like an 18th century figurehead of a ship in the middle of nowhere and stuff like that, even when they have the only portal in existence.

Oh. My.

MCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

....WHERE have you BEEN?! :swear:

Oh, **** off, that guy is a crank. He doesn't bring up any evidence, just wild speculation. Aliens did not build the pyramids as an UFO landing platform.

And just take a look at what the publisher where his books are published also...well, publishes. Neo-nazi right-wing esoterics. Anti-vaccination bull****.

sport.jpeg

:max: How, then, do you explain this woman's enormous ta-tas?

This kinda reminds me of that tv series about those guys who can't stay in a polluted Earth any more so they move to prehistoric Earth using a portal but they eventually find stuff that's not supposed to be there like an 18th century figurehead of a ship in the middle of nowhere and stuff like that, even when they have the only portal in existence.

You mean Terranova? I bought that series on DVD, but only watched the first couple of episodes...

If it gets weird later, I may have to watch the rest.

You mean Terranova? I bought that series on DVD, but only watched the first couple of episodes...

If it gets weird later, I may have to watch the rest.

Oh crap sorry for the spoilers! The thing I mentioned was in the season 1 finale *claps mouth shut* I only ever watched it on TV, didn't get past the first season :p

:( :( :(

guess i'll be going again...

No! Come back! :hugs:

Archived