Home

Multiple Questions

Xarwarz

If Ive overlooked a valuable tutorial i apologize....How ever there are several dead link to lots of tutorials.

Q1: How to Hex editing new textures to use in existing module...Ive gotten as far as looking for multiple references of the same texture in the ascii mdl file...im not sure how to make the changes work in game.

Q:2 Animation order my issue is an out of order animation 1-4 10-16 5-9 i actually looked at one of the tuts from 2005 it suggested if i made a texture 2048x512 the animation order would be 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 etc how ever the animation continued out of order any ideas...

Q3:Creating animations like in mass effect 1-3...example if i wanted to create a levitated circular animation or animation in-front of a wall would that require a new PLC model creation...by the way plc creation tut by marius fett is dead

Q4: Maps for the module editor in KTOOL..is there anyone that knows how these were created....id be willing to finish making maps for both games eventually...just not sure if the maps are tool specific format and how to link them to the module.

Any help is appreciated for future modding

Q:2 Animation order my issue is an out of order animation 1-4 10-16 5-9 i actually looked at one of the tuts from 2005 it suggested if i made a texture 2048x512 the animation order would be 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 etc how ever the animation continued out of order any ideas...

I can't help you with the other ones but this one I can. E-mail me the frames and label them in the order you want them to animate (i.e. frame 1, frame 2, etc.). A suggestion - having an even amount of frames tends to hep. I'll put the TGA together for you, create the TXI for the TGA, and explain you in my response how it all works so you'll be able to do it yourself next time.

If Ive overlooked a valuable tutorial i apologize....How ever there are several dead link to lots of tutorials.

Q1: How to Hex editing new textures to use in existing module...Ive gotten as far as looking for multiple references of the same texture in the ascii mdl file...im not sure how to make the changes work in game.

Q4: Maps for the module editor in KTOOL..is there anyone that knows how these were created....id be willing to finish making maps for both games eventually...just not sure if the maps are tool specific format and how to link them to the module.

Here's Darth InSidious' wonderful reskinning tutorial. I have used it multiple times. You won't be needing to convert the models to the ASCII format.

Somebody was working on new maps for the module editor a while back, but I can't seem to find the thread right now.

Here's Darth InSidious' wonderful reskinning tutorial. I have used it multiple times. You won't be needing to convert the models to the ASCII format.

Somebody was working on new maps for the module editor a while back, but I can't seem to find the thread right now.

It was Darth Sapiens who opened that thread, SS.

@Xarwars: To summarize the results of Darth Sapiens' research:

• The .map files are just JPEG with a new extension.

• The mapinfo.bfd file is likely the Binary File Description format, an extension of XSIL(Extensible Scientific Interchange Language - an XML-based transport language for scientific data)

• And the formatting of the map info:

It would be easier to import the models and rebuild the module in 3ds Max. I've been working on getting all of the modules set up for that in a tutorial but I don't have all of them done yet. That way you can get perfect precision since you can zoom in and out at any level you want.

It would be easier to import the models and rebuild the module in 3ds Max. I've been working on getting all of the modules set up for that in a tutorial but I don't have all of them done yet. That way you can get perfect precision since you can zoom in and out at any level you want.

I was going to ask you about that, actually.

When I import the models for the Cut Tatooine Temple into 3DSMax, and then move the Aurora Bases as per the .lyt file's coordinates, the result looks nothing like the module...

And example is that the entire temple is inside the Circular room where the Sarlacc was supposed to be.

When I import the models for the Cut Tatooine Temple into 3DSMax, and then move the Aurora Bases as per the .lyt file's coordinates, the result looks nothing like the module...

Make sure the units are set up correctly. Max is usually in cm, while the .lyt is in meters.

Well if it's any difference, the grid was 100m...

The grid is of no consequence. If you go to the "Customize" drop down, and select "Units Setup". Then you can set the displayed units to meters instead of centimeters. Otherwise you need to multiply all the dimensions in the .lyt file by 100.

I can't help you with the other ones but this one I can. E-mail me the frames and label them in the order you want them to animate (i.e. frame 1, frame 2, etc.). A suggestion - having an even amount of frames tends to hep. I'll put the TGA together for you, create the TXI for the TGA, and explain you in my response how it all works so you'll be able to do it yourself next time.

Sure thing ill send u the frames..it was set up in genetica in the 1-16 order so the frames are organize...its just the game skipping

Ok thanks for this ill check it out....been trying to expand my horizons

It was Darth Sapiens who opened that thread, SS.

@Xarwars: To summarize the results of Darth Sapiens' research:

• The .map files are just JPEG with a new extension.

• The mapinfo.bfd file is likely the Binary File Description format, an extension of XSIL(Extensible Scientific Interchange Language - an XML-based transport language for scientific data)

• And the formatting of the map info:

Thanks that thread is informative lots of researched thinking ill do a little my self...I know fred isnt around but i think t7nowhere did a map or to has he been around at all for insight

Well a tutorial would be helpful for me...i know how to import the models but never tried to rebuild them

Well a tutorial would be helpful for me...i know how to import the models but never tried to rebuild them

You have to locate your specific module you want to rebuild and double click on the model. Be sure that you know how many models are used simply by counting down the list of everything that has for example the m02ab reference in the name. You can find all these in BIFs / models / aurora models. Once you double click the first one just tell the prompt to extract the following x amount.

Then in 3ds you have to import them all one at a time. Every time you import one you have to group it and name it the same as the model just so you don't get confused which model is which. After that you to adjust the pivot point if necessary to be centered on the aurora base. Repeat the process for each model.

Finally you have to locate the layout file and move all the models to the coordinates you see in the file which can be found in BIFs / layouts. Following you will need to adjust the system's units. You do this by going to customize drop down tab and select unit setup and change the units to meters. You should have a working module then. Also if you create any would you mind sending them my way and I will include them in the developing library.

Then in 3ds you have to import them all one at a time. Every time you import one you have to group it and name it the same as the model just so you don't get confused which model is which. After that you to adjust the pivot point if necessary to be centered on the aurora base. Repeat the process for each model.

Finally you have to locate the layout file and move all the models to the coordinates you see in the file which can be found in BIFs / layouts.

I've done this once or twice, and I find it easier to import each individual model, find the Aurora base, then immediately move it to the position specified in the layout file (if Max is in cm, you will have to multiply numbers in the .lyt file by 100). Then group, hide, and import the next model. That way you don't have to change the pivot or anything. Everything in the model is linked to the Aurora base, so all the geometry will move with the Aurora base automatically.

You have to locate your specific module you want to rebuild and double click on the model. Be sure that you know how many models are used simply by counting down the list of everything that has for example the m02ab reference in the name. You can find all these in BIFs / models / aurora models. Once you double click the first one just tell the prompt to extract the following x amount.

Finally you have to locate the layout file and move all the models to the coordinates you see in the file which can be found in BIFs / layouts. Following you will need to adjust the system's units. You do this by going to customize drop down tab and select unit setup and change the units to meters. You should have a working module then. Also if you create any would you mind sending them my way and I will include them in the developing library.

Sure. Can you PM me a list of the ones you haven't done yet?

Archived