Home

Return to Monkey Island 🚨GAME-WIDE🚨 Spoiler Chat

Jake
Message added by Jake,

This thread is a place to talk about the ENTIRE GAME so if you haven't played it yet, maybe stay away!

☠️ YE BE WARNED ☠️

Just now, Goury1 said:

The RtMI made me appreciate the "dancing skeletons" scene in a new light too! I actually like to rewatch the scene often, ever since I finished RtMI!

And, perhaps you are right, the mysteriousness and eerieness of the scene are amplified by the fact that we know so little about Guybrush's past... However, I would still like to know more about the truth behind the scene! :)

Yeah, it's actually the one question I wish was asked in recent interviews with Ron, but I'm partially afraid his answer would be "It didn't actually mean anything, it was nothing more than a joke at the time." lol

All that being said, this discussion has reminded me again why I love this game and this series so much. So many layers to it, especially in Return. Over a year later, and I'm still constantly thinking about how everything fits together. In other cases, that would be frustrating, but for these games, it's great because there is enough evidence to support multiple theories. Monkey Island is really the one series I know that wholly embraces head-canons in such a unique way. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, demone said:

Yeah, it's actually the one question I wish was asked in recent interviews with Ron, but I'm partially afraid his answer would be "It didn't actually mean anything, it was nothing more than a joke at the time." lol

All that being said, this discussion has reminded me again why I love this game and this series so much. So many layers to it, especially in Return. Over a year later, and I'm still constantly thinking about how everything fits together. In other cases, that would be frustrating, but for these games, it's great because there is enough evidence to support multiple theories. Monkey Island is really the one series I know that wholly embraces head-canons in such a unique way. 

Yeah, I'm afraid that Ron Gilbert would shoot it down with "It was all a joke". It would be a pity...

I perfectly understand you! I love going through the layers and possible meanings of RtMI and the other two games of Ron Gilbert's trilogy! It has been a year since the premiere of RtMI and I'm still quite obsessed with the game! It's great that the games are constructed in such a way that allows various interpretations! No other adventure game series has had me so deep in thought for such a long time!

I have recently watched Tim Burton's movie called "Big Fish". it's a beautiful film that touches on very similar themes and questions as RtMI. I wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Remi said:

Speaking of The Writers' Cut... Youch:

image.png

Wow, I was actually curious about Dave's thoughts on Telltale since how it started and where it transitioned was almost a 180, when it became the games "so and so will remember that. " 

Edited by demone