Home

Monkey Island Heardle - iMUSE yourself

Huz

Monkey Island Heardle #293

🔈🟥🟥🟩

#MonkeyIslandHeardle

I have no idea how I got this one... I'm not even sure where in the game this plays.

Also it feels weird to say about Monkey Island music, but the first two or three sections sounded a bit too generic for me to be able to pinpoint anything.

• Wow 1

5 hours ago, Didero said:

I have no idea how I got this one... I'm not even sure where in the game this plays.

One of my favourite pieces of music from the games. 😍

It seems more special because it's a one-off (I think?), you hear it once

Spoiler

during the cutscene that starts Part 2, The Journey

and then you can't get back to it. Maybe you consider that an excuse for not recognising it, but you should have a save you can use. ;)

Sure, you can look at that link if you're a big cheating cheater face. Real Heardle champs accept guessing what a Monkey Island fan would have named a particular track when they ripped it with the Goldwave demo in 1997 as part of the challenge.

• Like 2
  • Chef's Kiss 1

Goldwave, now that's a name I've not heard for 25 years.

Now going to go and listen to this music with Winamp.

Monkey Island Heardle #294

🔈🟥🟥🟥🟩

#MonkeyIslandHeardle

Spoiler

Wrong game initially (thought Rum Rogers from MI2, then worked through the Goodsoup hotel music until I got it.)

Blood Island is possibly my favourite part of CMI.

If I could find somewhere with the tiki lanterns the hotel has up outside, I would buy some for my garden 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Huz said:

Sure, you can look at that link if you're a big cheating cheater face. Real Heardle champs accept guessing what a Monkey Island fan would have named a particular track when they ripped it with the Goldwave demo in 1997 as part of the challenge.

I agree. Listening to every track until you find a match IS cheating! Just because you know which one of the four titles it is... come on.

Love this track. Totally failed again 😎

🔇🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥

#MonkeyIslandHeardle

https://monkey-island-heardle.glitch.me/

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

🔇🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥

#MonkeyIslandHeardle

Spoiler

For some reason I thought it might be the music that plays on Monkey Island itself. Turns out when you enter 'Monkey Island' into the Hearde search bar, you get a lot of results :p

I should really play through all the Monkey Island games again. Or at least listen to all the soundtracks....

Monkey Island Heardle #295

🔇🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥

#MonkeyIslandHeardle

Spoiler

I was almost sure it wasn't this location, since I remembered the music being calmer somehow. Plus, the track starts with a little bell-sound, which I assumed to be a ship's bell, and this location isn't near any ships.

I thought it might be the music that plays in the location with Elaine's statue on Blood Island, which I assumed would be called 'The Clearing', but the search didn't return anything for that, weirdly.

Also, I kept guessing this song wrongly previous days though, so it's funny that today of all days I didn't :p

Edited by Didero

1 hour ago, Didero said:

Monkey Island Heardle #295

🔇🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥

#MonkeyIslandHeardle

Hide contents

I was almost sure it wasn't this location, since I remembered the music being calmer somehow. Plus, the track starts with a little bell-sound, which I assumed to be a ship's bell, and this location isn't near any ships.

I thought it might be the music that plays in the location with Elaine's statue on Blood Island, which I assumed would be called 'The Clearing', but the search didn't return anything for that, weirdly.

Also, I kept guessing this song wrongly previous days though, so it's funny that today of all days I didn't :p

Spoiler

I thinks it's called 'imprisoned in riches', which I always mistook for Lechucks cargo hold. 

Edited by neoncolor8

A tough one.

Monkey Island Heardle #296

🔉🟥🟩

#MonkeyIslandHeardle

Spoiler

First I thought it was CMI but then realised it was EMI and Charles L Charles theme, although for a second I thought it was Ozzie's theme.

Monkey Island Heardle #296

🔇🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥

#MonkeyIslandHeardle

Spoiler

Oh, it's just an Escape song, now I don't feel bad at all about not getting it :p

Though I should replay all the MI games again, now that DREAMM has support for Escape...

Spoiler

Escape had its flaws, for example Monkey Kombat, all of it. Also the retconning of Herman Toothrot to HT Marley was a bit out there; although the tie-in to the lore established in MI2 with what happened to HT Marley was a nice touch.

The music was pretty strong though throughout, and if I'm honest, better than Return's.