Home

Q&A with the Prez

ed_silvergun

Gentlemen, I think we should get our questions ready for this evening's chat with Simon Jeffery.

Here are mine:

• What is the best thing about being President of a company like LucasArts?
  • What does a day at work typically involve for you?
  • Which of the current line-up of LEC games in development are you most excited about and why?
  • What prompted the decision to bring in other companies to help out in the development process of games like Galaxies, Jedi Knight II and Galactic Battlegrounds?
  • The inclusion of a scenario editor with Battlegrounds has been greeted with great enthusiasm by fans. Does this mean you'll be allowing end-users to edit other games, like Jedi Knight II?
  • The fallout from the cancellation of Obi-Wan for PC was unpleasant for both LEC and its fans, particularly the online community. How are LEC aiming to improve relations with their fans in the coming months?

I think that's about my lot. Anyone else got some good questions they'd like to share?

That last questions doesn't sound right. You say it was was unpleasant for LEC. No offense, but who are you to say what LEC wants?

I think you should think that question through again. If the reason you asked it is for editing, then you should ask it like this instead:

"Years after Half-Life's release, the game is still going strong. The main reason is the editing community. Will LucasArts embrasse this community as Valve has?"

Originally posted by TheJackal:

<STRONG>That last questions doesn't sound right. You say it was was unpleasant for LEC. No offense, but who are you to say what LEC wants?</STRONG>

I don't see what you're getting at. The fallout after Obi-Wan's cancellation caused a deep rift between LEC and its fans. Presumably LEC did not want this to happen. Therefore, I thought it appropriate to ask what steps LEC is taking to prevent a similar incident occuring again.

The question has nothing to do with editing (which is covered in the previous question). The question was mainly directed at LEC's attempts to improve communication between themselves and their fanbase.

I hope that makes it clearer. :)

Unfortunately I can't be there mysql, since I'll probably be sleeping :p but can someone ask if they are thinking of remaking DF, JK and/or MotS with the Q3 engine as an addon or expension pack of JK2. Maybe that would give them a good idea :D

I think that DF/JK question is a good one pretz. I know you're starting work on a mod for it, but I'd like to see what LEC/Raven could do with it using a budget. they'd have the manpower and finance to do it quickly and tweak the good ole games a little.

whatever happened to that Star Wars TC for quake 2??

Guest ZeroXcape

Get some really hard questions for Simon ready...

My questions will all be something he *can* answer, that way he can't get out of them ;)

I will send this now, cos I will be in bed :mad:

anyway,

"What will make JK2 different to the ObiWan game that was cancelled for the PC last year, and how can you stop the problems ocurring again?"

Zero, could you ask this also, cos everytime I look at the transcripts YOURS always get answered :D

Here are some questions I am planning on *trying* to ask:

1. Is it safe to say that Obi-Wan's cancellation was the cause behind the iniatition of the Jedi Knight 2 project?

2. Is there plans of creating a sequel to classic LEC games such as Full Throttle, The Dig, and Sam n Max?

3. When should we hear information about upcoming Episode 2 titles?

4. Can you give us a timeframe as to when the veil of secrecy with Knights of the Old Republic will be lifted?

Those four would give us a lot of info as LEC fans, atleast I think so. Maybe he'll even answer them!

Swoosh

Archived