Home

Your favorite weapon in JK and MotS?

Silent_Thunder1587246490

RAILGUN~!! ehehehe

especially the secondary fire

its very fun and funny

the guy running around smokin' with shafts lovingly attached to him..eh..certain death!

sadistic would be a better word! ehehe

especially when u do that and u force grip him or blind!

but of course i hate it when someone does that to me !

:D

JK mp basically has 2 weapons... saber and conc rifle.. and sometimes railgun when ur out of conc ammo. mines are for sneaky people, and the other guns are just worthless when ur opponent (of the same skill level) has got the conc.

so my choice'd be conc. rifle and saber. :)

(I hope JKO makes the weapons more balanced tho.. I mean.. conc just owned every other gun bigtime)

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder:

My favorite gun in JK were mines

LOL. :D

I love the idea of a mine-gun. ;) j/k

My favourites would have to be...

Melee Weapon: Lightsaber (although Jedi boxing is plain funny :D ).

Gun: Bowcaster.

Explosive: Thermal Detonator (I just love to see them bounce in secondary fire mode).

Saber/Repeater

I used conc most regarding guns but i loved the repeater.. wasn't very useful so i didn't use it as much

i'd love to see the repeater featuring enhanced damage and balanced by settin fire rate in bursts of three(not secondary fire mode, but straight line of three shots) like the M-16A2

Just as a thought, but has anyone ever tried sneaking up behind someone with a fully charged Bowcaster? It's a one hit kill :). So I actually used it as a melee weapon alot, since you have to be really close to your victim so that all the bolts hit.

I also loved thermal dets alot Stormhammer, I had tons of fun with them in Cargo Ship in MotS :). But I still like mines the best :). My only complaint about them is in JK you can out run their explosion in most of the levels... seemed alittle harder to do in MotS though, not sure why.

Just curious, but why would anyone choose the conc. rifle over the rail det.? Is it jsut the purdy colors of the blast? :) I also thought that both were a 2 hit kill, but the rail det fired much faster. Does the conc have a biger blast area? Or does the bolt travel quicker then does the rail det? And come to think of it... the rail det holds more ammo too, I think. I'm not really sure about that though, since it's been awhile since I've played JK, or MotS.

the Concusion rifle isn't more powerful than Rail detonator as far as damage dealing..

Rail detonator is more powerful(concentrated explosion capable of killing a freshly spawned character in 1 direct hit), but does much less splash damage. The conc does not do as much damage but the ability to merely fire near them and give out significant damage is the advantage over the rail.

rail holds less ammo btw.

the Concusion rifle isn't more powerful than Rail detonator as far as damage dealing..

Rail detonator is more powerful(concentrated explosion capable of killing a freshly spawned character in 1 direct hit), but does much less splash damage. The conc does not do as much damage but the ability to merely fire near them and give out significant damage is the advantage over the rail. the Concusion rifle is capable of reaching target much faster than rail. Secondary fire on conc reaches the target instaneously.

rail holds less ammo btw.

Repeater Gun seemed 'most real' in terms of the way it worked, size of bolts + speed and ROF (=difficulty of deflection) I agree it was a blast to use but you simply didn't get that "Rambo rises from Water with M-60" feel because the individual glimmer-sparks are so weak.

This meant that it ate ammo at about the rate you'd need for a concussion weapon without any of the 'spray and giggle' multi-kill effects that would have made it useful.

I still say that a REAL 'Storm Trooper (heavy) Rifle' would fire single long bolts that held energy, were very accurate and moved fast over range. Or the carbine equivalent length bolts at a much higher rate (like the power-boost mode) with similar scatter. A 3-round burst mode being somewhere in between and a selector switch instead of just 'secondary fire'.

The Conc has it's own problems in that it's splash will kill YOU at the slightest justification while Z fire was weak at the best of times and still took too much time to recharge.

But the 'Rail' gun should've had either a lower det signature (after all it's probably buried in the poor slobs belly) or a manual one so that you didn't continue to take fire for no damn reason.

That is my biggest complaint I think: The shots are measured by trigger pulls rather than charge percentages (ala force use) and I would prefer the option to have a slight recovery process so that as long as you didn't just spray everything down you could get a little back.

One last thing. I don't care how much Bruce Lee you've got running in your veins, you don't waste the chance to put a little weight behind your fists and/or keep your gunline forward when things get close.

So when you come aroudn a corner and there's five guys, at 3ft, the first thing you should see is Ep.4 'Whap!' effect of the Death Star Hangar Bay Control Center scene as you clear your gun to fire.

Certainly soldiers are trained to Muzzle Whip and trigger pull. Butt/Gripstock Slam and trigger pull...

But never "I'm now going to drop my guard and my gunline so that I can heel kick you."

Simply didn't happen, even (during WWII) in the Pacific for instance where the enemy were undoubtedly better martial artists than we were but still chose to use their long rifles like yari spears to club and skewer when forced to fist-range.

I imagine everyone here has been beaten up by the lizards.

KP

My favorite weapons to use in JK (MP anyway):

JK:

Saber, Rail Detonator, Mines, ST Rifle (Power Boosted).

MotS:

Sniper Scope (esp. Scout's version), carb gun, seeking rails.

Kurgan

Archived