Home

The dark jedi who i dont know the name of

michael1587246523

OK im bored so i may as well start the, "there is no such thing as a dark jedi " debate.

A Jedi is a force user who follows the jedi code and uses the force for knowledge and defence.

A Sith follows the sith code and uses the force for their own personal gain and power.

A dark jedi is a load of bs

(i always had a problem with that in Jedi Knight 1)? . Maybe a fallen jedi OR a dark side of the force...user, could be a better description.

Since they don't really follow the jedi or sith code, they can't be labelled either. Interesting..

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: Darth Lunatic ]

Guest Hannibal

Dark Jedi were made up for the games cause Lucas won't let developers touch the sith story. Since the sith knowledge died with Vader Kyle can't fight a sith. I agree with you about the Dark Jedi thing, it is BS. But it's BS cause the developers ar limited. Which happens alot in Star Wars games. There is so much they aren't allowed to touch.

If that's right then how come LucaasArts revolved the whole story of MOTS around an abondoned Sith temple. Therefore, in theory Jedi could become Sith Lord by succumbing to the power of the Sith temples.

The Sith were really a cult of Jedi who decided to use their powers for selfish and evil deeds. They did all weird things as well, just like cults do. Therefore, a Dark Jedi is really a person with jedi powers who uses them for dark purposes but isn't into the sith cult thing. A bit like the difference between Goths and Rock-music fans!

im not sure how accurate this is, since i havnt read all that much about SW.. (some of the young jedi books a few years ago, the jedi aprentice books, and im about 3/4 of the way through the third book of the thrawn trilogy..), but i beleive a dark jedi is just an evil jedi that uses the dark side of the force, whilst a sith is the complete opposite of a jedi. heres an example (a bad one, at that). you have three types of cheeses. a block of american cheese, a block of Limburger, and a block of Moldy american cheese. now, the limburger is just plain evil. everyone hates it. it will die. kill it. smash it. destroy it. the American cheese is the good cheese, the opposite of the Limburger. you love it. tuck it in at night. read it bedtime stories. eat it. the moldy cheese is just good american cheese, except it was left alone too long and became moldy. while it is not pure evil, it is still not an ally of the good american cheese. much like a Jedi is the opposite of a Sith, and a Dark jedi is a jedi that succumbed to the dark side, yet isnt completely evil, just mostly. confused? good.

Okay, another FYI coming your way courtesy of the official Star Wars Encyclopedia...

Dark Jedi

The reborn clone Emperor envisioned a new breed of Jedi Knights, trained in the dark side of the Force and loyal to him for the 1,000 years that he expected to reign. Evil Jedi Knights operating during the Clone Wars were also called Dark Jedi, a group of whom threatened the Bpfassh system. About nineteen years after the Battle of Endor, the Second Imperium attempted to train a new legion of Dark Jedi at the Shadow Academy. Their goal was to retake the galaxy and reestablish the Empire

So, Dark Jedi do not only appear in the DF series of games, but as part of the EU as a whole.

The entry about the Sith is less clear...

Sith

An ancient people, they were conquered by powerful dark-side Jedi magic. In their 100,000 year history, they have come close several times to vanquishing the light-side Jedi. Blah blah blah

This infers that Jedi can be both Light and Dark.

Of course, this is assuming the original meanings of the terms retained their context while being translated into entries in the Encyclopedia. ;)

And, of course, it assumes that the meanings have not evolved over time as more and more material is produced that is set in the Star Wars universe. I mean, let's face it, Mr. GL himself has no really concrete idea of his own creations... ;)

At the end of the day, I don't really care if they are called Dark Jedi, dark-side Jedi, agents of the Sith, or Peter Mandelson.

It's a game with fictional characters, fictional races, and fictional classes and castes.

I'd also like to know where it says the Dark Jedi featured in the screenshots is actually the main villain of the piece, because I seem to have missed that. :rolleyes:

Guys, it doesn't matter whether an individual with that amount of darkside power wants to call himself Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith or Fluffy, Destroyer of Worlds. You humor him rather than get into the little details of the thing. I'm sure the same applies to "Dark Jedi". :)

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: Denise ]

A "Dark Jedi" would be like "black knight" any Jedi who has "gone bad."

But you're exactly right, when the big bad @$$ politelly tells you what to call him, you don't argue unless you have a death wise.

Kurgan

Another question, or ponder....

At what point is a sith/jedi strong enough to put down his lightsaber, and rely upon the force? Yoda and The Emperor both dont use sabers, but they must have at one point. Thought of the day, can u imagine yoda with a light saber. An annoying little green toddler with a particularly potent bashing stick. :D

Originally posted by $10BOOMBOOM:

Thought of the day, can u imagine yoda with a light saber. An annoying little green toddler with a particularly potent bashing stick.

Like Pic in JK, you mean? ;)

Fighting Pic was almost as annoying as fighting Boc.

The problem is I can visualise Yoda wielding a lightsaber in EpII...and it's not a pretty image. :p

well, the emperior was probably so pompous that he figured he was so powerful, that he didnt need weapons like a lighsaber, if you fear nothing, then you arnt gonna carry around a gun to protect yourself... and yoda... well, maybe he has been around so long that he has figured out how to avoid many of the situations that would require a jedi to use a lighsaber, or maybe they both have others to protect them, so they can focus on other things... or maybe yoda was a pacifist... :D

and please, watch the spoilers... i already know tooooo much, noooooo :mad: thanks :)

I would like the option of being a right ol' nasty bastard to all the non playable characters that the PR ppl are talkin about. r2d2's, and people. There werent that many things in JK and Mots that I could kill without the need to. Go on, u know u want to cut off legs of that baby. :D

ZUMM ZUMMM ZUMMMMMMMM.....ZUMMMMMM ARGGGGHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH!!!! WAHHHH!!! WAHHHHH!!!!!! u get the picture cos In JK u really didnt even do anything that evil than kill a C3PO droid. U *might* even regret your actions and try and get back to the light side. Cos without having to consider ur actions in JO will just make it a cut n slash affair like Mots , which lost one of the subtitles that made the star wars films so great.

If this Dark Jedi is supposed to be the main bad guy in JO, I'm not impressed.

Jerec was more evil-looking than this guy(which is sad actually since Jerec wasn't even very intimidating).

When I think of a Dark Jedi I don't think of a guy with a ponytail that looks like a girl.

And if it's not even a guy, but it's a girl, that's even less intimidating.

What I'm trying to say is I am hoping for some interesting Dark Jedi of other races besides human. I don't mind some human, but characters like Vader, Maul, and Maw make for more unique and mysterious Dark Jedi to me.

Originally posted by SlowbieOne:

What I'm trying to say is I am hoping for some interesting Dark Jedi of other races besides human. I don't mind some human, but characters like Vader, Maul, and Maw make for more unique and mysterious Dark Jedi to me.

Good point you make there. Vader and Palpatine were human (at least in appearance). Maul was too...except for tattoos and horns. JK managed to deviate a bit from that, giving us Gorc, Pic, Maw and Boc.

Personally, even though I'm a bit fed up with the all-aliens-are-enemies approach, I actually wouldn't mind seeing the key villain as an alien, using some different force powers. As long as there are more human baddies along the way (other than Imperial troops), it could all balance out.

Actually, I would like to see a female main villain; much younger and more agile than Kyle. Or perhaps there are Twins of the Sith(at least it sounds promising, even though I made it up myself :D ) and only brother have been shown in those pics...

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Lord_FinnSon ]

Archived