Home

where do you want to go today?

toms

ANyone have any ideas on places they would like to visit/revist (either from games, films, novels or your own imagination) in JK2?

Personally i would really like an Ice planet level (either on Hoth or somewhere similar) as this would give the designers a chance to be really inventive ( and forget about desks and chairs ;) ).

You could incorporate loads of interactive scenery (ice bridges that colapse under you, ledges that colapes as you run along them, stalagtites that fall down etc...)

You could also make good use of the lightsaber and even blasters... imagine semitransparent parts of ice in the walls of caverns that you can melt your way through...

Throwing your lightsaber / blasting away to bring down a stalagtite or a ceiling on a group of enemies....

An ice covered lake that cracks as you walk on it. And that you can blast / cut holes through to get under the ice, and then swim under the ice until you can just make out an enemy through it, then come up behind / under them. Of course you couldn't stay in ice cold water for too long...

Hidden crevases in the surface of the ice that you can only spot with force seeing. Great for luring enemies into, if you can avoid them yourself.

Also great for cool little touches like visible breath, shivering enemies, tracks and footprints, technology that wont work for long in the cold (guns ice up after a few shots), slidey ice, snowspeeders flying overhead, weather effects, poor visibility etc..

It would be cool to find the remains of echo base... deserted trenches with iced over rebel troopers, destroyed equipment etc..

THen a rumbling starts.... then an AT-AT appears from the mist heading towards you, and you have to retreat from the trenches into the rebel base... then an unlimited number of Snowtroopers (yay!) start pooring in and you have to take out the ceilings of tunnels in strategic places to slow their entrance as you try and escape from the level...

Fear not TomS, I read in one of the previews, that in the demo from the E3 convention, they had a level with a "snow effect." I kind of doubt this is Hoth, but it will probably be a cold planet nonetheless.

Fortunately, my favorite SW locale, Bespin, is already there. :) I'm really hoping Cloud City is non-linear, and you can go wherever you want throughout the giant city in the air....but that's doubtful.

Let's see what else...an underwater base would be cool. Maybe Geonosis?

A fully constructed Star Destroyer would be bad-a$$! :)

Last but not least, Myrkr from Heir to the Empire sounded very mysterious especially with all that ysalamiri around. :)

[ November 16, 2001: Message edited by: SlowbieOne ]

All of my favs are in. Yavin 4 for one, the ice planet ideas sound great TomS. Hope Tantooine is in there when you walk and when the wind blows whips of dust blow up in a kind of mist like effect. I WOULD like to see a jungle level, lots of trees and flora also with mabye a AS-AT or AT-AT thrown in. Some sort of water level too.

i really hope that we will get to play in a giant city local, such as mos eisle (sp?) on tatoonie... i love huge vertical city-scapes such as nar shaddaa also, but i would like to see somewhere that is huge and flat, like the city in MotS, only with shorter building, and much, much larger... so you may have to go end to end, or whatnot to complete all the objectives... with short buildings, that you can go into, that way, you can stealthly sneak from rooftop to rooftop, or whatnot... those are my number one picks, and most other places will be cool anyway :)

Junkyards of Ord Mandell -

oh yeah! i forgot about them... the brief glimpse you got of them in SoTE was one of the best things about that game. And it would give us a way to get into a sand crawler... the best thing in OB1 as far as i could tell.

I always though a saber battle in the half built superstructure of a death star / star destroyer would be cool. Beams all around you. Space on one side, the hull of the ship on another..

Perhaps Coruscant MP level? It doesn't have to be too large, but saber duels in higher parts of the city might be something new(maybe Raven could script few shuttles to fly over time to time, so that we would get an image of busy city, but so, that it wouldn't slow down framerates too much). Also, Jabbas Sail Barge above the Great Pit of Carkoon(with Desert Skiff hovering nearby) might be awesome MP level, and Sarlacc would eat everyone, who falls down to the pit. :D

TomS...you're a man after my own heart. I'd love an ice location as you described above. Not necessarily Hoth...but somewhere really cold, with all those little touches to give it the right atmosphere.

I agree with pretty much everything else that's been said, too.

An underwater level is a must...and I'd still like a sinking ship from which you have to escape. :D Maybe on the homeworld of the Mon Calamari?

I think a swamp-style level could also be accomplished well with the enhancements Raven have made to the engine. I hear SOF2 has plants that rustle in the wind, so I'd like to see some of that in JK2.

A junkyard would also be good. Lots of opportunities for hiding places, secret caches etc.

I'd also like to go zero-G on a decrepit space hulk.

The one place I'm not really interested in seeing is Tatooine.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to all the new locations, along with old favourites like Bespin...and Yavin 4 if I get to explore those ancient temples. ;)

Archived