Home

Storyline

Swoosh

It seems like everything else has been covered so far, except probably the most important part of the game: the story. I can't really think of what will happen at all in the plot besides the fact that Kyle returns from his exile to get his lightsaber back from Luke. Why does he do this? What is this evil that Kyle returns to face? I think it would be great if the story went along with the New Jedi Order series and Kyle came back to fight the Vong. That make a great story and add something new to the series. What do you guys think?

Swoosh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This point has really been missed and not been given an in depth discussion. We know for sure that a dark jedi rises and develops something to harness the force (similar to JK in some ways), but what will happen to lead to this?? But...to surprise u all, even i havnt got any ideas on this one.

They wont have much information.....well of course they have an idea what goes on because its their license, but Raven will be realeasing most of the information! Either way, it'll be a while until we get some proper stuff! I heard this from one of my friends in contact with gaming developers anyway, is this true Zerocape?? You lot should know?? I think my friend means like major information like the exact storyline, and lightsabre moves etc....

[ June 11, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainRAVE ]

Actually, LEC is releasing the information on the game. Atleast, that's what the Raven developers working on the game told us at the jk.net board. It is lucasarts' game, Raven is just making it for them, so I guess that would make sense.

I guess I was just wondering what you guys think will happen or want to happen with the storyline. So give us some ideas!

Swoosh

Guys, Kyle can't possibly be fighting the Vong 'cause they haven't even come into the galaxy yet! In the most recent chat with LEC, Haden Blackman revealed that JK2 took place 13-14 years after the Battle of Yavin, and that becomes 9-10 years after the Battle of Endor. The Vong don't arrive 'til 21 years after the Battle of Endor.

There are only two sith. The Emperor and Vader. Both are dead. No more sith...Unless a holocron or other artifact is found.

OK...Some dark Jedi finds a sith holocron and trains from it. He then trains a legion(about 10) others in the ways of the sith. They attempt to defeat the New Republic.

Originally posted by Swoosh:

<STRONG>It seems like everything else has been covered so far, except probably the most important part of the game: the story. I can't really think of what will happen at all in the plot besides the fact that Kyle returns from his exile to get his lightsaber back from Luke. Why does he do this? What is this evil that Kyle returns to face? I think it would be great if the story went along with the New Jedi Order series and Kyle came back to fight the Vong. That make a great story and add something new to the series. What do you guys think?

Swoosh</STRONG>

I think, the New Jedi order series are very good, but newer story of Kyle Katarn is before Vong times.. I hope, We'll meet a great Sith like Exar Kun..

:D

Yeah, you guys are right..doh! That is pretty bad considering two things. First I work at a JKII site...AND I am reading the New Jedi Order series right now. I feel dumb right now :) Sorry for that comment.

Swoosh

yes, Exar has gone...but we would like to see a Dark Sith Lord...you know something mystic... The Vong is good idea..

E.G. Kyle struggles with Dark Side and help Luke and alliance against Vong..

What do you think?

:p

Luke is a light Jedi forever..but He might help Katarn...because Kyle is not strong as Luke, I can image a scene when Kyle and Luke fight against Dark Lords and Vong...

to be honest, I would like to play with Luke, too

As you wish, my Master! :))

Luke wants kyle to show him the ways of the facial hair. To help him fulfil his potential. This new threat is:

"Wilkinson Sword Man. - so tough he has to be kept behind bars ®"

They both have to work together to wipe him out for good and rid him from the galaxy...

On a serious note I would rather not want to discuss the plot as I would like to specualate when LEC give us some more info to think about, that will make it more interesting..

wardz

well, about this luke being kyles master, that was over before MotS because luke sent Mara to learn from Kyle, i dont think an apprentice can have an apprentice, that would defeat the system. i doubt it will involve luke too much, because this i set in the middle of many other stories, so if luke was involved in a big way, it might not flow to well, course, that hasnt stopped people before, and, im still wondering how LEC could trush some other company to make a pivotal game like this, if it were me, i wouldnt let anybody else touch it, i mean, if this game sucks, it might piss a lot of people off... well, anyway, i think im over time....

I don't think you have to worry about the game "sucking" cause Raven is probably the best developer of first person shooters right now. Also, you should keep in mind that LEC is working with Raven to make sure the story and everything is authentic Star Wars. The game will be good, just how good is the question.

Swoosh

Archived