Home

Siege battle droid

Young David

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they said in a preview that the gameplay is faster so I'm betting it does deploy faster. Cuz it'd suck to have really fast gameplay everywhere except in deploying your big boys. And I'm going to bet that it's the equivalent of the AT-AT(maybe). Both sound superpowerful and stuff.

Guest Tie Guy

I'm betting that this is not the equivelant of the ATAT, as it is not a transport also. I think that the ATAT of the TF is the large Carriers we see in the movie. AAT Barge or something like that.

This will be the "blaster cannon" that will replace the trebuchet, or, i think it will be.

Guest Tie Guy

Maybe it's just me, but that seems more like an anti-air turret than a laser cannon. Plus, the laser cannon can move, and that looks alot like a turret, so i doubt that's one, but it may be...

Guest Tie Guy

Hey, look at Dave's avatar. It's a mini version, and it fires lasers. That's really good Dave, wherever you are.

Not a bad idea. Mobile sentry guns. They'd be good for defense and to scout/serve as an outpost. Just build a bunch and deploy them in random areas(in pairs;there's safety in numbers) to watch for enemy units and even weaken them a bit before they get to your base.And hey they'd even be good if they weren't sentry guns and were siege guns. They'd pack a good punch and if they have ranch larger than that of the enemy units,they just might kill a few of the men.

But these are lasers and this is Star Wars. I've enver seen a laser miss its intended target,moving or not(except for the Stormies) so they must be able to hit. But rocks now are prone to miss cuz they take long to hit the target. And sorry but I'm always a more defensive guy. i was always the simp who became the computer's ally while my human ally attacked him(I was afraid of being destroyed too early;and in Starcraft I turtled as Zerg,a known failing course of action). But I still like putting up defensive units across the map. But they'd still do good to watch for enemy units going in the direction of your base.

Guest Tie Guy

Yeah, AOK was seriously lacking on defensive structures. They only had a guard tower and a Castle. I hope they put in alot more for GB.

Don't defend too much, attack. The enemy can break triough your defense no matter how good it is. And I've noticed that building walls only limits yourself. Going on the offense is the best defense.

I use towers and castels as a defense of my base and my forward base.

Aha ... but that way you might destroy my army, but not my economy ... and if you don't hurt my economy I can build a new army in no time. Ofcourse you would have loses too, but maybe you can't restore them as quick because I did had a change to hurt your economy, especially in imperial when I take my trebuchets with me.

:smirk2:

Guest Tie Guy

He's right. Attacking armies have the advantage of not rissking their village in the fihgt. If the defenders lose, the town is finishd. If the attackers loose, they just have to come back later.

I'm more agressive myself, but i just started playing. I thrive by sending wave after wave of troops into the enemy, they can't possibly withstand so many troops for such a long time.

Ironically, i have won practically all my multiplayer-battles by digging in.

You see, when a player rushed me, i withstood that. and the funny part was that they had neglected to get a decent economy up by concentrating on attacking so hard..

so the first time i attacked, it was with a huge force, and he would basically just have started building his second army.

It's the Leon-way of playing.. :D

Archived