Home

why does kyle crash the moldy crow?

michael1587246523

Maybe he was distracted.. or somebody sabotaged the Crow.

Or maybe the game designers just needed a plot device for the Light Side...

Kurgan

Originally posted by digl:

My original JK CDs are scratched

I cant see the videos

Sorry to hear that digl. Have you tried a CD repair kit? Sometimes that works if the scratches aren't too deep.

Are you sure it's due to the scratches? Can you play the game, etc.? If it is only the cut scenes that don't work, could there be some other problem? :(

Originally posted by Lion Heart:

I wanted to see the cut-out cutscenes that they didn't put into the game. Ive seen so many picutes of them in the internet, it cheeses me off that its not in the game.

Strange as it may seem, this is news to me. What deleted cut-scenes are we talking about, exactly? And I wouldn't mind a link to those pictures you speak of.

Welcome to the forums. :D

Oh, and I go with Wilhuf's scenario. It sounds right to me. ;)

[EDIT: added the end bit.]

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: StormHammer ]

Ill try that StormHammer thanks

Im almost sure Its a CD problem, It doesnt recognize them, I had to crack the game to play

is there any decoder maybe I could get the movies into avis and save some of them

digl.. common problem among some JKers I see.

Try this: get one of those "cd/dvd cleaning/scratch repair kits" (the good ones, that include non-abrasive cleaning solution, clean wipe pads, and polish spray fluid).

The one I've got is made by Maxell and was $10 when I got it at my local bookstore (computer section). I've used it to clean/repair TONS of cd's including games.

My roommate's Quake3 cd had a big (deep) scratch (which he still doesn't know how it got there) and so it wouldn't get through the install before crashing. He used the repair kit and now it works perfectly (needless to say he made a backup copy just in case).

I had a Queen cd that skipped and sounded like crap because of scratches (my younger siblings didn't know how to handle cd's). I used the cleaning kit on it, and though I could still see the scratches on the disc bottom, it sounded like new, and didn't skip.

Also, whenever some dolt handles my discs wrong and leaves fingerprints on the bottom, I can remove the unsightly stains with a little of the polishing fluid.

Just remember.. never use a circular motion, always use gentle strokes beginning in the center and moving outward to the outer side of the disc. Do THIS in a circular pattern until you've cleaned the whole disc. Each set comes with instructions.

I suggest all of you who have "scratched" JK/MotS cd's to try this. I guarentee that 9 times out of 10 you'll be able to have the game playable/viewable again.

This is also a great thing if you buy used cd's/dvd's/games. Places sell the stuff cheap thinking that they are ripping you off by selling you something that's scratched to heck and skips like a schoolgirl, but you can show 'em by making it run like new again.

Kurgan

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Oh, and the videos are in smacker video format, so a smacker player (there are several out there) can play them, but try what I suggested above and you should be able to watch them from the original discs.

I wanted to see the cut-out cutscenes that they didn't put into the game. Ive seen so many picutes of them in the internet, it cheeses me off that its not in the game.

Can you post links to the images in question? I've seen pics of stuff that was left out of JK (like the speeder bikes, tusken prod, etc) but never any new CUTSCENES. That would be nice...

I loved the JK cutscenes! I don't care if they had cheesy acting or if they pissed of LEC excecs with the cost, they rocked. ; )

Kurgan

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Of course back in the day when somebody said their cd's were scratched we just said,

wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more!

Kurgan

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

I cant find the URL for the cutscene but I try to discribe them.

One pic had the Cargo Ship in Corascant

And another one had a corvette blowing up behind the Super Star Destroyer.

If you had the early box with Kyle and Jerec fighting on the front pic, you can find them there.

Guest Rogue15

if only i could get those cutscenes...i lent my cd's to a friend, who live in pa, i live in fl...reason why i lent him those cds is cause we were going to mp, but his dad has norton and that sucks asssssssssssssssssss as it won't let us play a decent game. It just skips all over the place, doors won't work, when one of us had the saber out, it looks like a fricken candle...i probably will never get them back cause he keeps letting his friend borrow them. (w/o asking if he could do that). quite annoying, but i'm ok w/it since it's an outdated game and can run it from the crack. And mp against other people...

Thanks Kurgan!

I didnt know those CD cleaning kits were so miraculous

Ill get one and try

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: digl ]

The CD repair kits do work. But you might be better off just buying JK again. As far as I know the CD repair device is about $30.00. JK is about $20.00.

I baby my good games like JK, so I don't even allow them to get scratched.

Just my 2 cents.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: SlowbieOne ]

Where I come from:

JK: $9

CD Cleaning Kit: $10

The joy of fixing your "broken" discs that you never thought would work again:

Priceless

ta get heavily Scratched Cds ta work, what i do is run hot water over from the sink for a couple of min, then dryem with a soft teashirt, it a clockwise motion, i usualy can get the worst cd's i got to be read, tho usualy the Redbook Audio is messed, from the deep scratches, but data like a video file should be readable. as light small scratches can be wiped away almsot with this method and guess what, its free.

Archived