Home

Best JK clans?

[TE]DarthBob

It doesn't matter if you're good at FF or Guns or Sabers in JK1, because all those fancy moves you've learned will probably not be used in JK2.

The majority of the tricks will most likely be useless, but the base tactics of force speed, etc. have a very good chance of being somewhat applicable in JKII, thus giving JKer a edge in some respects. A great deal of small things, especially if the physics are going to be the same regarding movement (ranging from forward, backward, strafe control to force speed/jump tactics) are probably going to aid JKers in being a tad quicker to pick things up than people coming in from different games.

"Elite" people from the current hardcore JK1 community HAVE to realize that we're all going to be sh!t and newbish when JK2 comes out.

Every 'elite' JKer coming in and instantly becoming Gods in JKII? Of course not, I doubt torments even proposing such a thing. It is reasonable to expect some JK tactics, etc. to carry over to JKII to some degree however. Most of them? Unlikely. A few, primarily base tactics surrounding movement, etc.? Likely. Will similarities in JK tactics give JK players a basis from which to develop JKII tactics? Has a good chance that it will.

And what's so bad about being all newbie again? Some people have to realize that this is a game and being "elite" is just stupid, just have fun!!
Nobody is bashing being a newbie or whatever. The thing thats being discussed here is the pace of learning JK 'elites' will make.

It's going to be hella fun being all newbie at JK2 again, discovering new tactics all over again, etc etc.

Yes it will. :)

That talent won't mean anything in JK2!!

Player A has been playing video games for 4-5 years and has discovered a wide range of multiplayer tactics that are relevant to the basic tenets of all multiplayer strategy, movement, aim, and item control. Player B has been playing video games for 5 minutes. Both Player A & B are being thrust into a new game. Who is more likely to discover strategies the quickest, assuming both are of the same intelligence, hand-eye coord., etc. in real life?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't matter if you're good at FF or Guns or Sabers in JK1, because all those fancy moves you've learned will probably not be used in JK2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The majority of the tricks will most likely be useless, but the base tactics of force speed, etc. have a very good chance of being somewhat applicable in JKII, thus giving JKer a edge in some respects. A great deal of small things, especially if the physics are going to be the same regarding movement (ranging from forward, backward, strafe control to force speed/jump tactics) are probably going to aid JKers in being a tad quicker to pick things up than people coming in from different games.

Well of course, the base tactics like force_speed and force_jump are going to look like JK1's force powers, so those who've played JK1 will feel familiarized with it. You're right on that point, but how do u know the more important things like force_grip or force_destruction or even force_persuasion are going to be the same?

U wrote:... especially if.... Now that IF in ur quote is the exact point why I'm doubting if those things will even be the same in JK2. I don't look at IFs, I look at the current facts and those current facts don't tell us much about how the way JK2 physics are. IF they're gonna be like JK1, then yes, you're right, former JK1 players will adapt more easily to the game than new players. But we'll just have to wait and see IF that's going to happen and IF it's really going to make such a difference.

quote:

"Elite" people from the current hardcore JK1 community HAVE to realize that we're all going to be sh!t and newbish when JK2 comes out.

Every 'elite' JKer coming in and instantly becoming Gods in JKII? Of course not, I doubt torments even proposing such a thing. It is reasonable to expect some JK tactics, etc. to carry over to JKII to some degree however. Most of them? Unlikely. A few, primarily base tactics surrounding movement, etc.? Likely. Will similarities in JK tactics give JK players a basis from which to develop JKII tactics? Has a good chance that it will.

I've thought of that yes, but I still said we're all going to be newbie and **** because those "likely few base tactics surrounding movement, etc" won't give former JK1-players such an high advantage that they'll skip the newbie-stage. They might give the players a "basis from which to develop JK2 tactics", but they will still be at the newbie-stage. (Newbie-stage: not knowing exactly wth ur doing, dying a lot, experimenting with other moves, etc).

quote:

And what's so bad about being all newbie again? Some people have to realize that this is a game and being "elite" is just stupid, just have fun!!

Nobody is bashing being a newbie or whatever. The thing thats being discussed here is the pace of learning JK 'elites' will make.

You just plain and simple took these words out of their context and made a nice comment. :( Now I wasn't talking about newbie-bashing either. I was talking about the positive points of being a newbie. When you read certain posts made by JK-"elites"including WD_Torment (spread across this board), you can clearly see that they don't like to be totally newbie again at JK2. I've seen it, and so have many other people, just look at some of the other replies.

quote:

That talent won't mean anything in JK2!!

Player A has been playing video games for 4-5 years and has discovered a wide range of multiplayer tactics that are relevant to the basic tenets of all multiplayer strategy, movement, aim, and item control. Player B has been playing video games for 5 minutes. Both Player A & B are being thrust into a new game. Who is more likely to discover strategies the quickest, assuming both are of the same intelligence, hand-eye coord., etc. in real life?

Once again u took a few words out of their context and made a comment that wasn't relevant at all.

I agree totally with the hypothetical situation u described there, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about the talent at BGJ FF. Now you know BGJ FF is mostly about making jumps and hogging, and my point was that those tactics will prolly be useless in JK2.

Like I've written before: If you want to recruit for JK2, judge them by their attitude/location/pc/internetconnection/whatever, But DO NOT judge them by their current skill in JK1. Because it is NOT sure HOW JK2's gonna play. Look at the many IFs at the top of this post, in my comment, and you understand why.

That is correct deathbolt, I'm not in any way saying that by being elite in JK it will make you elite in JK2. I also see what you are saying about who will pick it up faster. I've basicaly the same thing for ages.

It's like I've known tons of people on the zone who have player for 3-4 years, yet they don't really know squat. On the other hand I have seen people become experts in only a few months.

I honestly think that the qualities that made some JKers 20 times better then others will remain and be a facter this time around.

Yes, we'll all be more or less newbies, but other FPS skill (especially JK and to a lesser extend q3 and ut) will certainly carry over. There are basic things like aim and movement that apply to all FPS. From reading the reviews it sounds like the force powers work much the same (but not exactly the same) as well.

[

...but how do u know the more important things like force_grip or force_destruction or even force_persuasion are going to be the same?

Well first I should establish that I do not think grip, destruction, etc. were the most important part of JK FF. Yes, they were important, but they were just different forms of a weapon. Speed and Jump modified the movement so that the type of gameplay was unlike any other game. When describing movement, etc. of JK FF, I'll repost what I had written for another post:

you will find out that you're playing a incredibly fast paced game, where height and distance present no obstacle to reaching your destination. The shortcuts opened up by speed/jump* are amazing. Utilizing curves and bumps on the floors/walls of map, you are able to virtually fly using them as ramps. In the most popular sabers level, Battleground Jedi, there isn't a part that you cannot reach in a second, through speed-jump force use. You can dance around using the whole level as for cover, virtually leaping from behind one barrier to another across the map in mere seconds competely evading enemy fire. And all that is possible with just 2 force powers of the 14 offered in Jedi Knight.

U wrote:... especially if.... Now that IF in ur quote is the exact point why I'm doubting if those things will even be the same in JK2. I don't look at IFs, I look at the current facts and those current facts don't tell us much about how the way JK2 physics are. IF they're gonna be like JK1, then yes, you're right, former JK1 players will adapt more easily to the game than new players.

I think strong simliarities in the most basic elements of JK have very strong chances of reappearing, and as long as we don't have facts, we are free to intelligently speculate :p

But we'll just have to wait and see IF that's going to happen and IF it's really going to make such a difference.

Yeah we will, but why not speculate until then? Gives us something to do. :)

I've thought of that yes, but I still said we're all going to be newbie and **** because those "likely few base tactics surrounding movement, etc" won't give former JK1-players such an high advantage that they'll skip the newbie-stage. They might give the players a "basis from which todevelop JK2 tactics", but they will still be at the newbie-stage.

Well I repeat myself when I say that no one is suggesting that we're going to come into this as gods. Yes everyone will be newbie, but I think we're more less referring whose going to be the better newbie.

you can clearly see that they don't like to be totally newbie again at JK2.

True..

I was talking about the talent at BGJ FF. Now you know BGJ FF is mostly about making jumps and hogging, and my point was that those tactics will prolly be useless in JK2.

I was referring to BGJ FF as well as every other sport. And several aspects of BGJ FF will be applicable. Specific jumps to be used in BGJ, ie off the wall to dark surge cliff or whatever? No. Using knowledge of jumps to discover jump points in new maps? Yes. And about hogging, item control is one of the basic tenets of multiplayer. Examples of item control can be found in every other first-person shooter: if they don't have guns, ammunition, powerups(ie damage amplifier, enhanced speed or whatever) they have a reduced chance of fighting you.

Like I've written before: If you want to recruit for JK2, judge them by their attitude/location/pc/internetconnection/whatever, But DO NOT judge them by their current skill in JK1. Because it is NOT sure HOW JK2's gonna play.

I'll take PlayerA over PlayerB as a clan member anytime.

Whayyy... no-one will remember me or my bunch from the old JK days, but we were there :D

As for the best clans... hmm... I was in GS, which turned into JCS when I formed SJD, and KRT and Element were the main players back then :D

So... JaG, IRN, JCS, Element, EoS... so many... I cant remember most of em now... it's all a blur... argh

But SJD will be comin back for JK2, without most of the old members (I think they have lives now) :p

Lataaaa

Thanks for all the great info folks! Specail thanks to Dealthbot for his contriubutions....great info.

The Empire looks forward to jumping into the SW community as you appear to be a great bunch of people. Look forward to the friendly battles and legends to come!!!

If any clan want to meet for friendly scrimmages, just visit our forum and post a request.

We also continue to extend a helping hand with those using the Elite Force demo. It would be a good way to hold you over until the big day. :)

I only know of clans from when I played. It's hard to say who will be good in JK2. Given the activity that I have seen in the JK community, I'd guess the following will be dominant (assuming the players come back):

TF

IRN

DH

WD (I hear they've been more active as of late)

DSbr

JaG

If I didn't mention your clan, don't get upset. I'm sure I may have missed a few. I don't like "self-proclaimed" elites, simply because I think they are full of it, more often than not. I'd be stupid to say that only these clans will dominate. That'd be foolish.

I hope this is a good game. I'm looking forward to playing with some of the old-schoolers.

Originally posted by JaG|Kaiser

Given the activity that I have seen in the JK community, I'd guess the following will be dominant (assuming the players come back):

I think WLP and IGF/RGF are going to be very succesful clans too in JK2. They have the most active members and I'm sure some of them will get real good at the game. We could learn a lot from them. :)

This thread really needs to come to an end, lock it up. Jedi Knight shouldn't even be discussed here, this for JK2 if ya bring up JK it should be for a comparison of the two, such as how much better and different JK2 will be. These are the JK2 forums not the JK Forums, nuff said.

Originally posted by DeathBoLT

actually clans that I know have kept it together mostly have moved onto other games

TF - Team Fusion(top JK CTF clan, consistently held top 10 ranks in Tribes 1/2.

SyK - Sykotic(mediocre clan in JK at best, but, as I've heard, has become an strong clan in other games)

IRN- Iron Knights(top JK clan, currently in CS I believe)

ETI- Extrerestrial Intelligence(pretty good if i recall)

HDK-Heavy Duty Killers(up there in JK, primarily strong in UT)

some others Ive forgotten

when i say top clan,etc. in relation to JK im refering to them as they were in their prime in JK

Team Fusion will be coming back, possibly 5150 might join the Jedi Ranks, JCS, and JE all might return as well.

you guys have some good arguments, but why bother getting into arguments about it. how bout we wait till JKO comes out and see what happens? shock horror! a decent idea! i know i wasn't a 'l33t' player, but i just played to have fun. who cares about if i was **** or not. ITS JUST A GAME. why get all worked up over it.

Decent Idea? Try Stupid! This thread is about clans ready to take lead. Let the boys have fun before it comes out. A time to posture and get in each others face.

Amazing how the people that tell us not to get worked up about this are the ones getting all worked up.

If you don't want to contribute, then ignore this thread! It's actually a simple thing.

BTW....SICK will own you all!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

Originally posted by [sICK]Vomit

um, you a male or female ape? I dig the banana force thing....Yeah Baby!

Thats the [sICK]est thing I ever heard lol

Any player with decent FPS skills will always have an easier transition to any other FPS they decide to take up. More so if its based on the same game engine. I'm an EF vet. so q3a and MOHAA are natural to play for me when I do play them. JK2 will be no different, though I've never played JK1...

Sure I may need to learn a few things first, but not like as if I just bought it as my first FPS... The mechanics are still the same. I'll still frag you whether I'm upside down or standing right next to you lol

Hoff

as for syk's skill in jk i really cant comment nor care but for jk2 we have a very strong lineup of dedicated gamers who were good at jk to some extent or have been good at other games with i think q3 being the dominant other game there and we are gonna be in there at the start and we are all gonna be newbies no big deal. pretty much everything i wanted to say in this post has been said by deathbolt guess i just wanted to state syk's attitude/position on jk2. as for other jk clans set to be a part of jk2 all i know of is syk, wd, and jag. im assuming irn will since they are still around dsbr i know is not well im pretty sure on it as for the others i have no idea since i dont talk to them

Yeah, I think syk has a big future in JK2. I thought about trying to join SyK or JaG when MaReZ was leading WD but I've only been in 3 clans and I'm not a clan hopper.

As for WD We'll have Rage, Rain, Enigma, RaMpAgE, Gambit, Luke18, Phoenix and others who where good in JK and have experience with other games. Prodigy is supposedly coming back and maybe even Death. I think I'm the only WD that will have to play the demo first in order to decide if I like it enough to spend $ on it. I already bought quake 3 once (the other WDs get pissed when I say that hehe).

5150? Does that mean our good buddy ReaListiK will return? IMO, that would be great. ReaL is a great player, and 5150 is one of the most top-notch clans around. If they decided to play JK2, it would certainly improve the overall quality of competition.

I found out more about these "super clans," basically clans with a ton of members. Typically, I've found that these clans, while having a huge number of players, lack the quality of players to compete. However, I suppose it depends on the focus of your clan. If you wish to be elite and dominate games, then your standards for skill will vary greatly with a team that recruits only to have fun and enjoy themselves. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a group of guys who form a clan only to have a good time. But to say a large clan like that will dominate is comical. :D

Archived