Home

Mark Hamill Poll

SlowbieOne

Do you think Mark Hamill should do the voice of Luke Skywalker in JK2?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Mark Hamill should do the voice of Luke Skywalker in JK2?

• Yes, it would mean a lot to me
    • No, It wouldn't affect me
    • Mark Hamill? Who's he?

Many belive Mark is tired of his role in Star Wars....

They belive, everybody only see him as Luke, that he cant wipe off the shadow of Skywalker...

...so many Directors wont use him again

because there is the danger that the people see him still as Luke.

Like:

Ohh look, Luke Skywalker in an Romantic Comedy...strange..!!

We all know he were'nt seen in lot films after SW!!!!

:(

Well.....maby there is some other reason...maby we're all wrong....

hope so!!! :)

ps.. hope you understand my bad english....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Myxale

Many belive Mark is tired of his role in Star Wars....

They belive, everybody only see him as Luke, that he cant wipe off the shadow of Skywalker...

...so many Directors wont use him again

because there is the danger that the people see him still as Luke.

Like:

Ohh look, Luke Skywalker in an Romantic Comedy...strange..!!

We all know he were'nt seen in lot films after SW!!!!

:(

Well.....maby there is some other reason...maby we're all wrong....

hope so!!! :)

ps.. hope you understand my bad english....:rolleyes:

Your English is actually quite good - better than several people I know!! :)

"Well.....maby there is some other reason...maby we're all wrong....

hope so!!! :)" --So do I !!!! :D

Just an FYI, it's maybe as in 'may+be' (it may be) :)

W_B

Originally posted by Kwup

what exactly does Wacky_Baccy mean or symbolize? every time I'm perusing the boards that name confuses me :p

'Wacky_Baccy' means several things, but before i tell you where it came from, you tell me what you think it means ;)

...And don't stick your :p out at me, Monkey-boy!! :p :p :p ..... ;)

Originally posted by Kwup

makes me think of canadian bacon

mmm...bacon

[un-nerved]

Why Canadian bacon??

[/un-nerved]

Hang on a sec...

[extremely un-nerved]

Why Bacon?!?!!?

[/extremely un-nerved]

OK, back to the point...

It came from several different places all at once:

1. I don't conform to some of society's rules, hence the 'Wacky' part. (NO, I'm NOT gay (tho I don't have a problem with those who are), Idon't have a record, and I've never been arrested in my life).

2. I wanted some sort of Star-Warsy influence ..... It's incredibly vague and convoluted ............. hint: fuzzball ...

3. It's another (jokey) name for something a lot of the people I know smoke.......... I'm saying nothing...... ;)

It all just seemed to fit together when I was thinking of the name I'd be known by here *shrug*

[annoying cliché :D]

It's probably far to prosaic to live up to your expectations....but the truth often is...

[/annoying cliché... :( ..I like my ACs...]

TTFN & MTFBWY :)

W_B

Here is my Theory on Mark Hamil doing SFII:

Raven is just using it as a cover for either Lucas' or Hamil's reservations of having the real luke do luke. They'll have Mark say rather ambiguous statements that can be used in both games, but without lucasarts or hamil knowing (whichever party is against it)

I know it sounds far fetched, but I agree with slowbie that it makes absolutely no sense that Hamil would do the voice for SFII and now JKII... Unless Lucasarts specifically does not want that extended level of realism. Maybe since they view the JK world as only partially cannonized, then having the "real deal" for Luke would be too much for a game of this sort...I dont know.

On a different but not totally irrelevant note, did others notice Carrie Fisher's nasty voice on the R2 beneith the dome thing? See what chain smoking will do to you kids?

Maybe I'm a big optimist, but I smell conspiracy. IMO it's not coinsidence that Luke will appear in JK2 and Mark will work for Raven in SoF2. I guess that this SoF role is played by the way, while the real deal is JK2 :D :D :D . I don't believe those dementing voices (if you know what I mean)

ahh come on peeps, its not the end of the world if he doesn't do it.

I wonder if he regrets doing SW in the first place, its a double edge sword really. It got him really famous but only as luke skywalker. He has been typecast since.

Did harrison ford do famous films before SW? That would help hugely as you can be recognised for other work apart from playing han solo.

wardz

Originally posted by StormHammer

You don't star in plays like Amadeus and The Elephant Man if you can't act. You don't land lots of voice-acting if you can't convey a whole range of emotion through voice alone. That takes considerable skill...and acting ability.

I think people just feel sorry for the guy......c'mon he's not a good actor, star wars isnt a benchmark for direction/acting/script by a long way. Ewan McGregor vs mark hamill in acting skills, there is no comparison.

Raven's Ken Hoekstra said:

"Unfortunately, that's sometimes how the ball bounces when dealing with Hollywood. :("

when this question was asked shortly after SoF II's cast list was announced.

SoF II will be coming out after JK II so perhaps Mark Hamill was available only at that later date for recording. Perhaps they will be able to get him to record the lines and put them out in a patch, like Raven did with Jeri Ryan's 7 of 9 character in Elite Force.

Archived