Home

Petition

KruddMonkey

hmm...was this done in response to my thread that i started?

if yes...cool

if no...still cool

re-release! re-release!

hell, i'd shell out a good 30 bucks for a copy of sam and max that's compatable with my current computer

it's just that good...yeesss

boy, i miss those 2d cartoony adventures....

-jake

y'know, i just found on download.com a version of hugo's house of horrors remade to be compatable with current systems...

i remember playing this game when i was like 10...

i don't know how many of you knew about this game...i'd imagine that it was pretty unknown...

anyways...i played this game around the time i played sam and max....

and hell..if a relatively unknown game from the same time is being re-released to be more compatable...i think some of the mainstream games deserve some consideration...

btw..if any of you want to check out the remake of hhh, it's here

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10035-100-7974623.html?tag=st.dl.10035-106-1.lst-0-11.7974623

ah well...just a thought

-jake

I half-agree with JR2000Z, but compatability - I think LEC should make it for instance so I can play the Disk Version of MI1 on THIS computer (the 486 upgrade does ****-all for me :(). But as for a remake-no thanks except if there would be say a release of MI2 with digital CD music instead of MIDI (Sam and Max saw a great CD version already).

=mek=

Originally posted by Meksilon

I half-agree with JR2000Z, but compatability - I think LEC should make it for instance so I can play the Disk Version of MI1 on THIS computer (the 486 upgrade does ****-all for me :(). But as for a remake-no thanks except if there would be say a release of MI2 with digital CD music instead of MIDI (Sam and Max saw a great CD version already).

=mek=

Digital CD music is WAY too linear for MI2. How would they pull off the switching between variations of the Woodtick theme? Or all the instrument kicking in as you cross the swamp? Or the randomly composed music in LeChuck's fortress? It can't be done, even with digital music like in CMI. In CMI the music could fade betwen scenes, and there were some cue-dependant scenes (like the end puzzle) but they really took advantage of the MIDI in MI2.

At least adding supports for some really soundfonts or wavetable based midi or whatever one would use instead of FM synth, as well as the addition of more ambient sound like footsteps, ocean, etc etc wouldn't be so bad and would allow for all of the awesome iMuse blending MI2 uses.

Originally posted by Jake

At least adding supports for some really soundfonts or wavetable based midi or whatever one would use instead of FM synth, as well as the addition of more ambient sound like footsteps, ocean, etc etc wouldn't be so bad and would allow for all of the awesome iMuse blending MI2 uses.

Well, I like the old MIDI sound MI2 uses... If I use a newer whatever (say AWE32 MIDI Synth) it sounds crappy with mismatched instruments. Too much tubular bells and crap. I recall some sort of site at Mixnmojo that had Soundfonts you could use with MI2 and some other games. I'm not sure how it worked, and never got it to work, but I was probably doing it wrong.

Archived