Home

Is there any new star wars FPS in the pipeline??

Inactorz

To matt-windu you listen ;) Yes, I remember back in the OWK.net forums (may they rest in peace), when the small handful of us regulars dreamt of the possibilities that the rumored Bounty Hunters game could be. That would be such an excellently perfect FPS game, especially if it were based on the Star Wars universe.

There was the company, I can't recall the name right now (a little help), that is actually making a PC-based bounty hunter game. Supposedly the game is first-person, but also has spacecraft that you can fly and conduct combat with. Not only that, but other people can ride around with you in your ship, get in the gunwell, and man the turrets.

Having said all that, this information is several months old, so who knows where things are really at with that non Star Wars bounty hunter game. If all that comes to pass, though, it sounds really fun to me :cool:

hahaha. I remember that at OWK.net. I was getting very worried when someone brought that to our attention. I think I had my plane ticket to LEC head quarters ready in case they decided to do that instead of a JK sequel..

fool....BAH! I knew they were just teasing us. : )

wardz

Originally posted by Vagabond

There was the company, I can't recall the name right now (a little help), that is actually making a PC-based bounty hunter game. Supposedly the game is first-person, but also has spacecraft that you can fly and conduct combat with. Not only that, but other people can ride around with you in your ship, get in the gunwell, and man the turrets.

There is a game called Bounty Hunter being developed by Warthog, to be published by Crave Entertainment. That was the one Wilhuf brought our attention to, if I remember correctly. It's still in development, and there has been little information of late...but it looks like they've got the right mix of content.

There is also a game called Maelstrom that will apparently let you do a similar thing...fly around and then board vessels...but you take the role of a pirate. As far as I know it's supposed to come to the PC, but it's being developed for X-Box first.

Then there's another game called Intergalactic Bounty Hunter by Pan Interactive...and I'm not really sure about whether that one will be good at all.

How's that for a little help? :D

As for a Star Wars Bounty Hunter title, I posted some of my thoughts about that in this thread. I hope it turns out the way I envision, but anything is possible. ;)

ROFL :D

I just try to keep my finger to the pulse. I'm always on the lookout for new titles being announced, just in case they are of interest to me. I've done that for about 5 years, now...and I followed JK, Heretic II, Half-Life, Wheel Of Time, Unreal, etc., from the early stages of development. I find it interesting how the content of some games changes the closer they get to release.

I've got a lot of games on my Wanted list, and both Bounty Hunter (Warthog) and Maelstrom just happen to be on it. ;)

Actually, I forgot to mention that Bounty Hunter is coming out on either X-Box or PS2 (can't remember which). As long as they remember that they mentioned they were developing it for PC as well, I'm not bothered. It's the PC version I'm after. :cool:

A Star Wars FPS I wouldn't mind seeing developed is something that allows you to take command of a team of Commandos, Rebel or Imperial, and undertake a variety of missions. I suppose it would be closer to the original DF, without lightsabers or Force Powers. If you could build your team from different classes, and then have the option to take direct control over each character as you progress, it would make a good game, IMHO. A tactical FPS, in a similar vein to some of those others that have been released (which, incidentally, I haven't played). For some reason, a Star Wars version just appeals to me. Perhaps it's because I enjoyed the X-Wing novels, which contained elements of this.

Originally posted by StormHammer

As for a Star Wars Bounty Hunter title, I posted some of my thoughts about that in this thread. I hope it turns out the way I envision, but anything is possible. ;)

While I think it's great you want to bring your creatives ideas into reality, I should advise you to be carefull with the whole star wars licence thing. Lucasarts are the only ones who have the rights to produce star wars products and they will not tolerate anyone doing otherwise. I say this because I have seen a lot of unfortunate people pour hours of work into a mod (X-men half life mod and the Matririx Hl mod off the top of my head) only to be strongarmed (As they were close to the realease no doubt) and forced to remove all the copyrighted characters, which basically made hours of work and planning go down the toilet.

Just a word of caution, unfortunetly they will constain you if you try to use their copyright characters :(

Other than that I wish you all the best in your developments and i hope one day these companies to release the rights on these franchises to allow for fanbase development..

Archived