Home

Small Animations.

nykel007

I hope Raven puts in cool small animations. You know in JK+MotS like when kyle changes from saber to guns he would turn and, in my opinion a bit jerky pull each weapon out. With the new engine this should be a lot better looking.

Also, what when you're in 3rd per. using guns, I hope we be able to see the saber. I also hope it moves and shifts whenever you walk, run whatever you do.

I have to say that in a lot of Raven games (especially recent games) their characters are always well animated. Using mo-cap should pick up a lot of the little nuances of movement that can really bring a game alive. So I'm confident we'll see some fluid weapon changes, etc., throughout the game. ;)

I'll have you know I spent *months* practising that 'elbow bent just so as head tilts back and the beer flows' motion so that it would be perfect. I'm still waiting for word when they'll be ready to mo-cap it. Ah well, back to 'work' :p

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

JK has that weird animation were it looked like he was cutting off his houlder after u left the comp alone for about a minute.. Remember?

REally a screen-saver i think though

yeah, u mean when the camera does a 180 spin around kyle. that was ok for guns but for a saber?

I'm happy enough, if Kyle takes a look around few times, when he is idle, but always keeps his saber ready for possible attacks and then perhaps spins it only once; maybe it's his own way of keeping himself calm. :cool: Otherwise moves like that are quite useless, especially during duels, because they tend to look like you are playing the big shot and that's why you easily get your butt(or face) kicked, like Maul shows to Obi-Wan few times before their final duel in TPM. :dmaul3:

I loved the tribes and tribes 2 animations. You were able to perform them yourself, with preset keys, like little celebration dances and things. It was pretty funny. But I suppose some of those things would be un-called-for in this game. Rest assured, Raven will think of something.

Archived