Home

RTS Maker 2000

Guest crd_polaris

Someone should make one.. I should send letters to ASCII (The guys who made the RPG Maker programs)

Those guys could make a great RTS maker.. I actually think they made a RPG-xtrategy game maker once.. It played out like Shining Force games

I would make one based on my life...

In other words an SW one:D

If I could it would be an Armada Like one...with Ship battles!!!

I always thought that was the COOLEST part of SW and I STILL have to play with SW micromachines to fight decent spacebattles...Rebellion made a decent attempt at a Space Game...

I think they would let you make your own Tailsets and stuff, so space is possible

For my Xenogears RTS you'd have the Following:

Aveh (Desert Dwelling, good in Gears, which are giant robots, and has Half Decent air, bad ground troops, in the RPG their troops died in one hit)

Kislev (Mortal Enemy of Aveh, Is good with Ground Troops, Decent with Gears. Has virtually no air power)

Fatima (Is the Aveh Rebellion Movement, Relies on Stealth Attacks, Gets Sand Cruisers, which are like Sea units on sand)

Ethos ( A religous sect, Secretly works for Solaris. Is very Fanatical, units show that)

Solaris (Very technologicly advanced, Looks down on Land Dwelling Races.. Uses advanced Gears, Air, and can make Zombie like units called Wels)

Shevat: (Is a floating city, is like Solaris, except they are good guys)

Deus (Not playible until you beat the single player game, is basicly the Final Boss and his minions)

Guest crd_polaris

I wrote Don Miguel's site to see if he would look into making a RTS maker. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult. Of course it would only be 2d like Starcraft, Warcraft, and SWGB/AOK.

YES, star destroyers and lots of them!!...lol

It would be so cool! Imagine being able to add your own graphics, map sets, and units. Making your senario's from ground zero. The posibilities would be limitless.

Imagine making your own RTS, like for say a Final Fantasy theme. Of course you have upgrades, but here is where it gets interesting. Every time your unit gets a kill or conversion your units will gain levels and get more hit points, attack, defense, ect. Your characters will also learn special abilities at specific levels. Ok, here are some examples relating to something we are all familiar with, SWGB. Lets say that when your Jedi Knight gets a certain amount of experience he will level up and become a Jedi Master and gain additional abilities.

IN this Final Fantasy RTS game there would be a cool kind of unit balace that would be simple to understand. All units have an attribute, water, wind, fire, ice, earth, holy, and dark. For example, when a water unit attacks a fire unit it does 50% more damage and when the fire unit attacks the water unit it does 50% less damage. Pretty simple really.

I wrote Don Miguel's site to see if he would look into making a RTS maker.

Miguel did not make RPG Maker 2000! RPGM2k was originally a Japanese commercial program. He bought it, hacked it (translating it into English), and uploaded it to his site. He's not a designer, he's a hacker and a warez provider.

Still, I'm glad he did what he did :D. Benefits all of us who do not speak Japanese.

Archived