Home

SNIPER RIFLE? plus, other useless banter

Spaceball_One

ok, my number one concern is:

WILL THERE BE A SNIPER RIFLE IN JEDI KNIGHT 2?

more and more first person shooters are incorporating the use of sniper rifles into the arsenal of their hero, and JEDI KNIGHT 2 should be no different! besides, the sniper rifle (even though it was a little second rate) was a great addition to the weapons roster in MYSTERIES OF THE SITH... and i really think that it needs to make a return (though a lot better this time). i would really like to see it this time around, though, as being a lot like a mix between the high powered sniper rifle from RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN (the one with the green scope) and the AWP from COUNTER-STRIKE... a one-hit kill kind of gun with a really awesome scope (i really dug the red in MYSTERIES though). sniping is something every great shoot 'em up has nowadays, and OUTCAST should really take advantage of our love of da' snipe.

thank you.

I remember one of the first reviews someone had for JKII where they said "We watched as the demonstrator picked off several stormtroopers on catwalks using a scope on the bryar"

:confused:

I also remember reading somewhere else where they said that one would be attatched to the Bryar. I hope not, unless they up the power some. :(

My esteemed colleague, our very own, Vagabond has compiled a comprehensive Star Wars Weapons Database.

Tenloss DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle

Type: Disruptor

Scale: Rifle

Range: 20 meters

Fire-Rate: Semi-Automatic

Ammo: 5 rounds

Recycle Time: 5 seconds

Used By: Underworld Types*

Comments: Sporting increased range, the DXR-6 is the perfect weapon for those pesky assassination jobs.

Vagabond has included a number of entries that describe Star Wars disruptor class weapons. Check it out.

That was a very good job by Vag

Uber_Saber: I also remember reading something like that, but It seems they changed their minds. And you can find about this in the Nov PC gamer issue I think

But I have some doubts

If Its a very strong weapon, with a 20 meters range and supposedly is replacing the conc, why would It magically turn into a sniping weapon with a scope?

It makes more sense using the scope in the bryar, which is awesome for taking out guys far away from you

I remember one of the first reviews someone had for JKII where they said "We watched as the demonstrator picked off several stormtroopers on catwalks using a scope on the bryar

You know we've heard and read it would be on the Bryar, Stormtrooper Rifle, Crossbow, and Disruptor, so which one is it? It really won't matter to me. Any is fine.

Maybe they'll make it like Star Trek Elite Force and let you zoom in with any weapon.

Originally posted by Uber_Saber

Maybe they'll make it like Star Trek Elite Force and let you zoom in with any weapon.

That it'd be cool. That'd be good, really.

another feature of elite force that i hated.

Archived