Home

Star Wars Holiday Special

Guest SlashAndBurn

Guest SlashAndBurn

Has anyone here ever seen the Star Wars Holiday Special that they aired arround Christmas in '77 or '78? It was the WORST movie I have ever seen! George Lucas has said something to the effect that if he could he would destroy every copy that is out there. It was aired once and never again! And for good reason. The only good part is when chewies son Lumpy (yes...Lumpy) is watching a cartoon that has Boba Fett in it making it the first apearance of Fett. I bought a copy at a flea market a few years ago...it was a copy off someones VCR so it has all the old comercials too. If you ever see it and want to see the Star Wars saga at its worst then buy it. I'm sure its gotta be on ebay somewhere too.

Trust me, krkode. you don't wanna download it. It is so, so bad. I covered my eyes and started humming after about five minutes of it and it's not a half hour show. It's looooooooong. Like an hour and a half or at least it felt that way. The only part of it that's even half way to the par of crap is the cartoon. i think the theforce.net has the cartoon for dl.

Guest SlashAndBurn

It was made at the request of Fox studios about a year after ANH was released to tide people over till Empire. It had such a low budget that any scene that required special effects were cut from the origional movie! Even Vader talkign to the two tie pilots. I just wish they'd bring back MST3K and have this movie on it.

Guest SlashAndBurn

krkode

nothing starwars can be bad

Ahhh...the power of the dark side has clouded your mind! Yes this movie is as bad as everyone is saying! Watch only if you like to watch horrible movies!!!!! Beware!!!!

Guest SlashAndBurn

Hows all of the above for an answer? And I'll add two words to add to the list of whats horrible..."musical numbers".

This is what hapens when the dark side gets control of Lucas.

Guest SlashAndBurn

Rouge15...oh it is as bad as everyone is saying!:D Truely up there in the list of horrible ovies along with "Redneck Zombies" "Sleepaway Camp" and "Plan 9 from outerspace"

You can download the holiday special at blueharvest.net and I recently saw the original radio broadcasts for sale in a bookstore.

For you lazy people out there. "Like me" :D Here are the links.

http://www.blueharvest.net/video/misc/holidayspecial.rm

You need the Real Media player to view it.

You might be able to find the radio broadcasts on this page:

http://www.blueharvest.net/sound/

Guest BountyHunter

Hmmm I wonder why they dont have a Star Wars cartoon. They really should put one out. It could cover all the other stories. It should be done on a more serious level like Spawn.

Archived