Home

FAQ Update: servers

digl

4.01 What kind of multiplayer server options will Jedi Outcast have?

Jedi Outcast players will be able to use the standard Quake III-type in-game browser to find games online, start their own servers for online play, and create private servers to play with friends/clans, etc. We are still in the development process and are investigating all server options. It's quite possible that additional gaming services, including the Zone, will be supported

I also feel that way, but I didnt post any comment because I was sure DSs would be included :D

Im not too worried about other systems, I guess Ill use the favorites only, and not any zone like thing

What I want to know about MP however is the different playing modes. They have only named DM, team DM (which doesnt even count IMO) and CTF

I also want an estimation of how many players will be supported, or how many the game will stand and be playable without starting to get extremely laggy

I hope Aristotle and ZeroX consider that in the very near future it would make sense to start up a multiplayer server administration forum.

There we can discuss the technical aspects of and share tips on server administration! :D

As a starting point, there is a lot of existing material online on Q3 tech server administration (e.g. for Q3, Elite Force, etc.). I am confident much of it will be applicable to Jedi Outcast.

Originally posted by DarthLocutus

Digl,

I am not sure what you expect. JK had DM and CTF. That was it. JK's multiplayer was rather successful I would have thought. So the JO team is actually ADDING another mode, team DM. What do you expect?

Team DM was included in JK, and MotS had a new mode, KFY

OW was going to have new modes (capture the queen, and maybe others I dont remember)

Most new mp fps have really good team based modes, Id like something like UT`s assault, or something like classed based play in RtCW, in the SW universe you could make some very good things like that, with Jedi, non jedi, maybe medic droid players, etc

JK MP was succesful, but that doesnt mean they should make the game a JK clon with beter graphics, they must innovate

Now Im not worried, Brett Tosti said the following in an interview "Jedi Outcast will definitely support the multi-player experience. The game will contain standard multi-player game formats like Deathmatch and CTF. Jedi Outcast will also include some new game modes"

We will probably know more about those modes soon

The recent chat:

"q: good one! can you elaborate on team based mp?

a: "we will have team based and of course, the different factions of the rebel and imperial forces.And of course, CTF as well"

Mate, you don't make much sense. I suggest you get off your pedestal because LA/Raven does not care what you think about their MP modes...and they won't ever.

So do yourself a favor for your own sanity and calm down.

Originally posted by DarthLocutus

So do yourself a favor for your own sanity and calm down.

There's only one person in this thread who's over-reacting.

He was only asking how having Imperials and Rebels would affect team DM aside from the obvious differences of skin.

You're the one who isn't making much sense. What's the point of having Imperials vs Rebels if it isn't a separate mode? Why don't one team just all choose Imperial skins and the other choose Rebel skins in standard team DM if it's just a matter of cosmetics? If Raven and LEC saw fit to mention this at the chat it's got to have more significance than that.

ok

lets all come down

yesterday was the only day I couldnt visit the forums and look what happened

"q: good one! can you elaborate on team based mp?

a: "we will have team based and of course, the different factions of the rebel and imperial forces.And of course, CTF as well"

I posted that. I forgot, should I memorize everything I read about the game?

Thanks ed, you explained exactly what I was talking about

[EDIT - Stormy ]

And Raven people do read the forums, and they probably care about what I think of the game

[EDIT - Stormy ]

"I posted that. I forgot, should I memorize everything I read about the game?

Thanks ed, you explained exactly what I was talking about"

I also predict that reb vs imp will be *exactly* like dm with skins appropriate. I wouldn't expect much complexity in a FPS game, boys. You all underestimate the laziness of the human species. A mode like that would benefit a gaming league which plays JK/JKII. I know, as I was in one.

Raven have decided long ago, by themselves, what multiplayer modes they are going to have.

[EDIT - Stormy ]

Archived