it has affected me like no movie b4

i recommend u see this, especially if your from usa

it displays pure love and patriotism

i loved it

its probably the best mel gibson movie i ever saw

to all those who saw it what was your fav fighting scene in the movie

mine was when he and his 2 little sons kill the 20 dudes

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

Considering I am not an American and actually have a sobre look at this, here are my comments:

1) Portrayed the British inaccurately. Certainly the British didn't kill people like that back then, and I am pretty sure the revolutionists' treatement of United Empire Loyalists are worse or at least equal to that.

2) That part where Gibson killed a whole squad of enemy troops and rescued his son? That's just... stupid. British troops aren't that stupid.

Overall, not a bad movie. Historically it's not too inaccurate, but could be a little less biased (not likely, since it's selling to Americans ;)).

My $0.02

Ok there are a few innacurate parts and we did treat you guys pretty badly but you have to admit that the British King was pretty arrogant and also back then the troops WERE stupid they marched in lines the only reason they won ANY battle was because they had at least 5 times as many troops as us

yeah thats right

and british troops may not be stupid but it does take time to reload

and i think the way they fought wars in us then was stupid-(standing in lines and shooting):barf:

the way gibson and his 2 sons killed that army is the type of warfare that always wins cuz they have higher ground and better shooters(gibson) and one angry family:)

im not saying this as a bitter brit but films like braveheart, the patriot, behind enemy lines are bad, bad news. hollywood seems to rewrite history as it likes. The issues of patriotism is there as a selling point and in my opinion I see little good in patriotism. It encourages ignorance more than 'love of your country', and that goes for any nation.

Watching a film like the Patriot, does it make you feel like you have learnt anything? or does it just make you feel better, and if so why?

i agree that hollywood "overdoes" a few movies by really making brits look bad but when i watch a movie like patriot i feel good not cuz the americans killed the brits but because the good guy killed the bad guy and im not saying brits have to be bad guys but in this movie they sort of overdid the impression of brits by making that particular brit officer really mean and thats why i referred to him as bad guy

Archived