Home

Monkey Island.. A movie?

Kraftwerk79

Jim Carrey doing Stan part, thats sounds perfect I cant think in someone better. Elaine, maybe Carmen Electra or Nicole Kidman.

Guybrush, someone like Leonardo Di Caprio, and Lechuck Robin Williams(He is really cool, he can be a villan with a little of sarcastic humor) Tell me what you think.

WOWW!! If they a movie with this actors they will spend A LOT of money.

Guybrush: Branden Frasen (definitly!)

Elaine: ? (no1 seems to fit... but maybe Elizabeth Hurley...)

Murray: (The prince from Shrek, i forgot his name)

LeChuck: ? (THATS A HARD 1!)

Herman: Robin Williams

Otis: Mike Myers

Carla: ? (Martin Lawrence? :D)

Meathook: Arnold Shwaznegger (:D)

Stan: Jim Carrey

Storyline: no idea, but probably not MI1, 2, 3, nor 4. it should b something new and different, but (of course!) MI related.

wow, thats expensive, but it would b great!

Matt Damon as Guybrush? I'm all for Jim Carrey being Stan :D Elaine, perhaps someone like Kate Winslet (with the red hair she had ala Titanic- when it's blonde it looks stoopid) or Nicole Kidman- basically, someone with red hair, and not Julia Roberts- otherwise I'll personally go onto the set and shoot her :D Even someone like Katie Holmes would be kinda good

I want Harrison Ford in the movie- but I dunno who he would play :(

Originally posted by Natty

Matt Damon as Guybrush? I'm all for Jim Carrey being Stan :D Elaine, perhaps someone like Kate Winslet (with the red hair she had ala Titanic- when it's blonde it looks stoopid) or Nicole Kidman- basically, someone with red hair, and not Julia Roberts- otherwise I'll personally go onto the set and shoot her :D Even someone like Katie Holmes would be kinda good

Julie Roberts eh... great idea! :p

Originally posted by Natty

I want Harrison Ford in the movie- but I dunno who he would play :(

He could b...dunno, he doesnt seem to fit in any of those characters, we need more mi charates

• 1 month later...

I wish they would do0 a movie, but i doubt they will. Almopst everyone here loves monkey Island, but thats, how many people? Wot i mean is, they go, yea great, release the movie, only big fans go and see it, they go bankrupt. Maybe not so bad, but it might happen. I thought they sjhould re-release mi1 and 2, but again, only dedicated fans would buy, and a few others, thats it. Correct me if im wrong tho, coz i hop i am :)

Or charisma carpenter, cordelia from angel and buffy, she kind of looks like elaine.

A bit of make-up and masks can turn anyone into an evil pirate, so might as well get the person who did the voice for lechuck to do it. He looks a little bit like him anyway, but i can't remember his name and can't be bothered looking it up now. He'd be modified on computer a lot anyway.

Guybrush needs be be a smaller, goofier looking guy, they can dye his hair blonde if it isn't already. Perhaps that guy from Rat race, can't remember his name.

• 2 weeks later...

john cleese!?:confused:

where'd he come from, if anyone was to play otis, i'd have to say the guy who played benny in The Mummy, he's the perfect actor for something like this. infact, if you think about it.

Guybrush => Brendan Frasier

Elaine => Rachel Weize (evelin from the mummy)

LeChuck => umm, someone

Murray => umm, someone else

Stan => Jim Carrey (of course!)

Carla => the woman who played the mummy's lover in The Mummy Returns)

Otis => benny

see, it's basically the cast from the mummy and the mummy returns. don't think i'm obsessed, i just think it looks kind of perfect. especially with elain going back to an english accent again. and by the way, i know lec woukldn't have the budget for this kind of movie and it would be crap anyway, but if they were going to do it, were just saying these should be the people to do it.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Griswold

they are doing a movie of MI...i read it in a website...note that the website could be full of crap

well im sorry to say this and i do want a mi movie but most web sites are full of crap well most unnofical ones anyway well ........ i trust the mixnmojo network :p ofcoarse as well as the whole lucas forums realted stuff

Jim Carrey as Stan, yeah, but he won't agree to take any side roles, besides, the movie will need to have a big budget, but I like the idea...

Sean Connery as Mandrill - yes, but again... money... money. alot of money.

Brendan Fraser, as Guybrush? maybe.

David Spade looks a bit like Guybrush, he's not such a great actor though.

Sophie Marceau could play Elaine. NO KATE WINSLET! She isn't pretty enough to fit the role, she doesn't look like Elaine.

LECHUCK- hmmm, Al Pacino maybe...

First of all we should all collect money for the movie... each MI fan will pay $10000...

And no - it shouldn't be the sequel. There should be both movie and sequel to MI games. and no way it ends the saga! WE WANT MORE! MI will never end!

Archived