The Outcast Box Thread

GonkH8er

Do you like the box design?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the box design?

• I love it!
    • Yeah, it's pretty good
    • No sir, I don't like it.
    • Are you kidding? My cat's coughed up better looking boxes!

the other thread is kinda supposed to be release date stuff, and a lot of people wouldnt know the bos discussion is in there........

so.....

214819.jpg

This pic is from EBGames

644560b.jpg

This pic is from gamestop

discuss the box :)

and yes, that tiny writing DOES say 'Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast'

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was really good, I pesonly would have done it difrently but that would be specificly to my tastes.

also SlowbieOne

Also, if that IS the official box, I think we can assume Kyle's saber will in fact be blue. If that is so, I hope they explain why.
at lucas arts I found this "Several years have passed since Kyle avenged his father's death and saved the Valley of the Jedi from Jerec and his band of Dark Jedi. Allowing his Force powers to languish for fear of falling to the dark side, Kyle entrusted his lightsaber to Luke Skywalker, vowing never to use it again. But when a new and menacing threat to the galaxy emerges, Kyle knows he must reclaim his past in order to save his future. "

When I first saw that, I was ready to vote for "I love it" (or whatever it was), but then I chose "It's ok" (or whatever it was, again). This is because if I was an average Joe walking down my local Best Buy aisle, I would have pretty much passed it by and would have only turned it over for curiosity. What's missing on it? A frickin' big "Jedi Knight" label, baby! :D The Jedi Knight name holds so much prestige when it comes to games - not a dorky "Star Wars" label at the top. When you see "Star Wars" on a game box now-a-days, it usually means "avoid". ;) Now of course there needs to be "Star Wars" on there, but just as an addition, and not eclipsing the great Jedi Knight name.

Also, I don't know if I like the saber as an plain icon thingy, but maybe it'll grow on me or whatever. I don't really care against it, but it doesn't really "strike my fancy". (Whatever the heck that's supposed to mean. ;))

I voted 'Pretty Good'...because although I really like the box, it seems to be lacking something. Maybe it's the placement of the J and the K...makes it look like a broadsword rather than a lightsaber? Damn, I hate being critical... It's a nice piece of work. :)

Do you have that model in a DVD-style case? ;)

I thought the DVD style case would be replacing the old type box for all game software a couple of moths ago to create more shelf space/ take up less room? Yet still I only see the Boxes (sometimes with DVD style case inside, like Max Payne).

Originally posted by Roger

I thought the DVD style case would be replacing the old type box for all game software a couple of moths ago to create more shelf space/ take up less room? Yet still I only see the Boxes (sometimes with DVD style case inside, like Max Payne).

Thats the best box i've ever seen, i should know, i have tons. and what are you talking about DVD case, i love my cardboard :)

Originally posted by bsbuckeye21

When I first saw that, I was ready to vote for "I love it" (or whatever it was), but then I chose "It's ok" (or whatever it was, again). This is because if I was an average Joe walking down my local Best Buy aisle, I would have pretty much passed it by and would have only turned it over for curiosity. What's missing on it? A frickin' big "Jedi Knight" label, baby! :D The Jedi Knight name holds so much prestige when it comes to games - not a dorky "Star Wars" label at the top. When you see "Star Wars" on a game box now-a-days, it usually means "avoid". ;) Now of course there needs to be "Star Wars" on there, but just as an addition, and not eclipsing the great Jedi Knight name.

Good point. I think they should've done the whole box-around-"Jedi Knight"-with-Star-on-the-upper-left-and-Wars-on-the-lower-right thing. That design is so well known it would capitalize on the SW fanatacism (if any is left for games) just as well, and it would also capitalize on DF or JK loyalty.

Activision might distribute it in both DVD case and box in Europe(most of newer games can be find here packed in both ways), so they both might have same icons. As a side note, it's interesting to see that also JK(republished in LucasArts Archive Series) have similar image, but it's taken directly from original RotJ poster(only saber is green as opposed to blue).

201332.jpg

It should have been in that original box! :(

I voted for great.

The box is simple yet it is very catchy. When you walk down the isle in a game store you see a lot of boxes with a ton of stuff thrown on the fron and they all look alike. Not this one - Just a balack box with a logo and blue accent. It has an epic feeling to it - as it shoudl have. I also like th "JK" logo on the front.

But I do agree that Star Wars shoudl be replaced wih Jedi Knight

:trooper: Morph

Archived