Home

Mystery Gift?

QueZTone

"Mystery gifts will soon be revealed" grrr...that msg's been there for like so long now already! Now the game's up for pre-order..I want to know what the gift is so if to order the game over seas or not. Cause overseas order would cost me extra, but if the m-gift is good enough I might do it. So really I wanna know what that darn mystery gift is! ;)

Action figure? Pewter figure? Keychain? Iron on-patch? Mousepad? Magnet? Poster? It can't be something too big. But above are some things Lucas gave away as special preorder gifts before...

anyone have some inside info on the mystery gift maybe? :D

Originally posted by QueZTone

"Mystery gifts will soon be revealed" grrr...that msg's been there for like so long now already! Now the game's up for pre-order..I want to know what the gift is so if to order the game over seas or not. Cause overseas order would cost me extra, but if the m-gift is good enough I might do it. So really I wanna know what that darn mystery gift is! ;)

Action figure? Pewter figure? Keychain? Iron on-patch? Mousepad? Magnet? Poster? It can't be something too big. But above are some things Lucas gave away as special preorder gifts before...

anyone have some inside info on the mystery gift maybe? :D

Sorry bro, but LCE is just shipping to USA and Canada .....

(I know, I wanted GB .....)

All I ask is a simple working replica of George Lucas. That way I can share all of my opinions of the cools and uncools in the Star Wars galaxy, he can nod and, when I pull a string, ask me to write the next book. I'll gladly accept and then smile for the rest of the day, bent on my own disillusions.

Sigh.

Originally posted by Poopypants

All I ask is a simple working replica of George Lucas. That way I can share all of my opinions of the cools and uncools in the Star Wars galaxy, he can nod and, when I pull a string, ask me to write the next book. I'll gladly accept and then smile for the rest of the day, bent on my own disillusions.

Sigh.

Heh. I can see a slew of Star Wars books authored by P. Pants, Lucasarts' infamous string puller. :)

Originally posted by Com Raven

Sorry bro, but LCE is just shipping to USA and Canada .....

(I know, I wanted GB .....)

Don't worry, I always order the games from overseas and let them be delivered at my nephew who lives in the USA :) He then ships it to me heehee ;)

If they're anything like Interplay and their Digital River pals, well, the "mystery gifts" will be worthless trinkets that don't begin to make up for the irritation of having "preordered" and winding up waiting two or three weeks after the game's arrival in stores before your own copy arrives.

Bitter? Noooo, I'm not bitter, why? :D

Everything from little statue to magnet can be considered worthless, but a man can dream, right? :D Because I live in Europe, I'm not gonna preorder anything from USA, because A) I don't have any relatives over there who could order it and then send it over to me and B) I'm not gonna pay extra just to get that game, was it hot or not. I think, LEC(or Activision in my case) should publish some sort of special (edition) package of JK2 separately and it could have all those mystery gifts and manuals with background story and cool pics(hint, hint). When Grim Fandango arrived, for example, I found both usual cardboard box and this limited edition box from my local game store and made right decision when purchasing the latter one: it had developers names on it, a little Manny statue and Full Throttle. I guess they were nice bonuses and made whole package special, even though I already had Full Throttle, I didn't need Manny statue THAT bad and what would I do with someone's name? At least I bragged about it to my friends. ;)

I need a Kyle Katarn pewter figure to complete my collection. I have Boba Fett, a stormtrooper, Chewie, Han Solo, Leia, Luke, Obi Wan Kenobi, the Falcon, Slave I, and a Mon Calamari starship.

:) Came with the Star Wars edition of Monopoly, which I won off this Palace Portal contest.

Originally posted by QueZTone

Don't worry, I always order the games from overseas and let them be delivered at my nephew who lives in the USA :) He then ships it to me heehee ;)

That's what I wanted, but friend just lived there for e few months and his credit card was registered as german ...

Com Raven, that doesn't matter pal, To pay for the goods i buy off lucasarts company store and let deliver at my relative in the USA, I use MY creditcard. It's dutch and therefore not USA registered either..

So you can pay for stuff outside USA but you can't let it deliver outside.. :D

Originally posted by Lord_FinnSon

I think, LEC(or Activision in my case) should publish some sort of special (edition) package of JK2 separately and it could have all those mystery gifts and manuals with background story and cool pics(hint, hint).

I second that motion! It would be great to be able to get my hands on a limited edition, or something, and I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for it.

Welcome to these forums, Scav (don't think I've welcomed you yet), QueZTone, Com Raven, Azza, Trailer Trash and Poopypants. Here...

*hands each a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

Take them while they're still available...and while I can still keep track of new members/forum posters. =)

Here in Missouri when I went to pick up the RTCW special tin edition, they didnt have it. So I came back for the next 2 weeks everyday asking and asking untill they finally became tired of me and told me there was no special eition and to take what they have!

Point of this story; Sometimes a special edition just wont work in some areas. Though being able to buy a special edition in stores would really be a treat. I would like to see more of that too.

I picked me up the RTCW Collector's Edition the first day I realized it was out, turning the corner and haplessly running into the raped and ravaged endcap at my local Best Buy. It was the only one left--

the catch is--

It was the only one they had, it's green in tint, and all the other ones I see are gray/rusty. I gots the old-school looking green-rusty. Does that make me special?

Anyway, stay on target, right?

It came with the wittle RTCW patch which is a fine thing, but I wouldn't wear it around for fear of minorities lynch mobbing me, due to my whiteness and, more importantly, the REALLY REALLY close replica of a Nazi symbol.

Part of me is hoping for the JKII symbol patch, so I can wear both. That way, when some dude asks me if I'm a Nazi, I can say "Yes, and I'm a Jedi too!" Then he'll just figure me for a looney and leave me alone out of pity.

--The Mighty Pants.

PS: I am not, nor have I ever been, a Jedi, erp Nazi. Although, my religiously affiliated school once housed a group called the "Swastika Club" which was promptly cancelled with the outbreak of WWII.

::shakes head in shame::

Originally posted by StormHammer

I second that motion! It would be great to be able to get my hands on a limited edition, or something, and I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for it.

Welcome to these forums, Scav (don't think I've welcomed you yet), QueZTone, Com Raven, Azza, Trailer Trash and Poopypants. Here...

*hands each a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

Take them while they're still available...and while I can still keep track of new members/forum posters. =)

Thanks, but there was something small and hard in my medaillon ....:)

hehe Thanks StormHammer :D

Com Raven, hehe that's a file inside there, to break outta prison :) Or to get the idol o many hands. (ref to Monkey Island 1). Which promptly explains my origin, I'm a #monkey-island (DALNet) regular and a Mixnmojor user :)

cheers for the chocolate! :)

Archived