Home

Grrr!

Metallus

I can't believe this. My Hotmail account got over 200 messages from the same person at the same time with the same message. It was some spam about Home Loans. I'm really pissed. Luckily I was able to block the address since it was all from the same source. Has anyone else ever been spammed so royally?

There are bots that scan pages for e-mail addresses. I think the next version of the GFN will not have a link to our e-mail addresses directly, but rather a form to fill out an e-mail message.

Seriously, there must have been a bug in it that made my address show up 250 times on their damn list. Oh well, they're blocked for now.

Originally posted by MeddlingMonk

What I'd like to know is how they profile people for which kind of spam. I mean, going by what I get, I must be a hermaphroditic debt-ridden entrepreneur retiree about to enter college. And it gets weirder from there.

I'm an advertising major and even I have absolutely no idea. I'm going to try and fix things when I get out there...

:rolleyes:

lol, as if there WERE any help for Microsoft Hotmail...

I liked it in the old days before ms took over....

haha, at a young age? you're makin me feel old...

Well advertising is a great field as long as you know that you will be working your tail off and having no life for a very very long time. :p

Originally posted by Yoha

Well advertising is a great field as long as you know that you will be working your tail off and having no life for a very very long time. :p

I'm wondering how that's different from now. Stupid college :(.

EDIT: This is the 1337th post. Or should I say, 1337est. No, no I shouldn't.

Hey, at least I'll be able to make more money than those poor little journalists out there... (i hope!) although I'm probably in the wrong place to be saying that, you guys are all probably going to be multi-millionaire computer programmers and animators :p

Archived