Home

something that bothers me

sanpilou

I'm also sure we will see moving mouths - and perhaps even eyes - especially in the cutscenes ... but will the words and mouths match?!? RtCW is pretty mediocre in this regard - strangely enough, the sync seems to get better later in the game ... or was that just my tolerance? And Elite Force was no gem in that regard, either ...

The poly count of the player models will be a ton more detailed, probably more so than any game to date (besides SoF2). I would hope they have all those little details.

It seems like making such detailed models, and not using those features would defeat the purpose.

Judging by some of the real close-up shots of the characters, the mouths are properly modelled (the Gran even has teeth), so I think lip-synching and mouth animation will probably be in there. As for eye movements, that's hard to judge. The JKII team have utilised some of the SOF2 tech for JKII, but as I understand it, not everything. Certainly the Ghoul2 system is capable of doing this, but it's whether the JKII team has actually utilised the feature...

Maybe we'll find out for sure in another Update? ;)

Archived