Home

It's true! Sniper Rifle = Disruptor

Scav

George Lucas is egotistical, I'm sorry to say. The books explain things in a lot more detail then the movies do.. The movies hardly explain things at all!

So, just because he says it, don't believe it. Besides, I don't think he was talking about OUR debate. I think he meant about characters, etc.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Scav

George Lucas is egotistical, I'm sorry to say. The books explain things in a lot more detail then the movies do.. The movies hardly explain things at all!

So, just because he says it, don't believe it. Besides, I don't think he was talking about OUR debate. I think he meant about characters, etc.

--Personal Opinion-- (as in 'dont take it seriously')

Gaming view towards George Lucas:

I would personally say that George Lucas is just smart. He puts his Star Wars title up for grab for people who wants to develop SW titled games for them. They picked the best from the industry: Raven :cool: - FPS [JK2], Verdant :cool: - RPG [MMORPG], then just publish them.

Plus, I don't think he REALLY cared about the movies...whatever can get him the MAX profit, he'd do it :) so will everyone. Like Empire Strikes Back, there is really nothing important EXCEPT "No, I'm your father!" Come to think about it, it's ONLY a movie! If we kept questioning why is this and why is that, not only you are not getting the correct and exact answer because movie is usually fictional, we can question too many things in movies like "The Matrix"...etc

Just personal opinions :)

[sanity squelch] Saberpro, I am afraid you can no longer be classified as a Star Wars fanatic. Goodbye, and have a nice day. [/sanity squelch]

Oh and Scav, while it IS true that the books explain things in more detain than the movies (by necesity or by ability or by both), if a book contradicts a movie, the movie wins. One simple reason. LUCAS SAID SO!! Even IF Lucas doesn't care about the movies, he created the SW universe, so he is in ultimate control of it, until and unless he passes it to someone else. Saying that the books won in a direct contradiction would be like saying that if someone decided to make a movie where Hobbits were eight feet tall, then the books would be wrong. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by StarScrap

[sanity squelch] Saberpro, I am afraid you can no longer be classified as a Star Wars fanatic. Goodbye, and have a nice day. [/sanity squelch]

Oh and Scav, while it IS true that the books explain things in more detain than the movies (by necesity or by ability or by both), if a book contradicts a movie, the movie wins. One simple reason. LUCAS SAID SO!! Even IF Lucas doesn't care about the movies, he created the SW universe, so he is in ultimate control of it, until and unless he passes it to someone else. Saying that the books won in a direct contradiction would be like saying that if someone decided to make a movie where Hobbits were eight feet tall, then the books would be wrong. :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:

Oh no!!

I'm still a Star Wars fanatic no matter what George Lucas does. :)

I think the problem is that the movies sometimes contradict themselves...(or GL contradicts his own creations, if you like), and the introduction of radical new elements in the prequels is a little hard to quantify in the context of the entire series. Midichlorians? A nine-year old kid blowing up space stations - just so Obi-Wan's remark in ANH about Anakin being a crack pilot when they met had some basis in fact? A lot of stretching going on there, methinks.

Anyway, I'm of the same opinion that it is fiction...and you will never really be able to quantify every element of Star Wars with scientific fact.

He didn't write the entire SW universe... I'm sure of that, because I rememebr reading the original script with Starkiller and the author WASN'T Lucas.

Besides, Starship Troopers isn't as good as the book, and any fan will say so. Did Lucas say the movie was better? Well he can't go jump off a cliff! :p

(This post does not reflect the opinions and sanctions of the following groups: Alliance of the Jedi, LucasForums, JediKnightii.net, Cray Computing Branch, or A.C.T Legal Services.

Originally posted by Scav

(This post does not reflect the opinions and sanctions of the following groups: Alliance of the Jedi, LucasForums, JediKnightii.net, Cray Computing Branch, or A.C.T Legal Services.

LOL! In my english class we need to do "daily letters" for presentation at the beginning of the class :rolleyes: and on the last one that I did I signed as "the communist sympathizer of the class" and stuck a disclaimer at the very end. Went something like this.

The term "communist sympathizer" does in no way imply the prefference of communism over any other particular form of government, implying on the ability to understand the reasoning behind it, nor does it obligate me to help, assist, or mitigate the problems of any communists, nor does it obligate me to argue, debate, or discuss the benefits of communism with any person place or thing. I do in no was accept any responsibility for the actions of any communist or formerly communist state, country, realm, dictatorship, republic, area, township, city-state, or territory, including, but not limited to, China, the Soviet Union, and Vietnam. :D

It was longer but I forgot half of it. And of course I read it at lightning speed (something I excell at).

Exactly the reason I put in the "formerly communist" clause. For one I couldn't exactly call the Soviet Union current :) and for two my foreign politics is far from up-to-date. (Plus the fact that about half that class is oriental and I REALLY didn't want to offend anyone.)

Archived