Home

It's true! Sniper Rifle = Disruptor

Scav

Anyway, back to the technical aspects of the disruptor.. Laser = light, correct? Light speed = 186 thousand miles per second.

Aha..... The Laser Sheds light at the speed of light but the laser is not a light... it seems to be strong heat that sort of burns and it is hot so light comes off so it isn't quite as fast as light. that's what i think anyway. also this may be a different type of disruptor that

the muzzle may lenthen giving better range when ur sniping giving better accuracy.

That i think would make sense. does it :confused:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, the reason a laser radiates heat is because it moves so quickly against the air molecules, creating heavy air friction.

Accuracy with a laser? There are no variables which alter it's accuracy like a sniper rifle...

Originally posted by Scav

Actually, the reason a laser radiates heat is because it moves so quickly against the air molecules, creating heavy air friction.

Accuracy with a laser? There are no variables which alter it's accuracy like a sniper rifle...

Whoa Scav you always post theories on the board huh? :)

C'mon Star Wars is fiction already, guns have to be fiction too...unless after a couple hundred years where technology can run Human Race :(

It isn't a theory, mate. :p

The Ontario Science Center has an exhibit on lasers, and I asked why it felt hot, and that's what the lady told me. :lopsided grin:

Nooooo what I meant is, SW is fictional world. Weapons and gadgets of SW World must be fictional too...it's like how do you know how they were built? If they were able to build this kind of thing, World War III would have started a long time ago :)

time for another post from the n00b that thinks he knows everything...

i found a flaw in your calculation, scav. SW lasers dont work like that. i may be mistaken, but if my memory from the essential guide (heh) and from.. other stuff that i cant remember... then a blaster shot is a compressed bolt of extremely heated/energized gas, and the heat is caused by the energy. the light it gives off is simply a harmless by-product. In Theory, you could create a blaster that shot out an "invisible" bolt, if you used the right types of energy and gasses. it might have excess-heat from the friction, but if the heat were ONLY from friction, it would make any blaster more-or-less useless at point blank (then again, assuming a bolt travels until it dissipates, point blank could be from a mile away... but thats beside the point)

i have no physical, non-fictious evidence to back this up, its merely what the guide said... and i might have mis-understood your post, but oh well

also note that this was not intended to offend anyone, im just debating on blaster physics, heh. way too often have i said things that werent meant to be offensive, but people thought it was and stuff and things and... k bye now

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

Well hyperdrive, warp engines and transporters are all possible in theory. Anything is possible in theory, but without the technology they will always remain theories.

Actually, matter (quantum) transportation is being slowly proved impossible. They've been able to recreate photons, but not actually teleport it.

As for warp speed//hyperdrive, it's impossible if you think about the Advanced Theory of Relativity, which states that the closer an object moves to light speed, the slower time goes for that object. If an object <b>passes</b> lightspeed, it should <i>theoretically</i> go backwards in time.

That is, unless, some kind of repulsing field can be created around the entire ship which proves physics impossible. :o

Originally posted by A Big Fat CoW

time for another post from the n00b that thinks he knows everything...

i found a flaw in your calculation, scav. SW lasers dont work like that. i may be mistaken, but if my memory from the essential guide (heh) and from.. other stuff that i cant remember... then a blaster shot is a compressed bolt of extremely heated/energized gas, and the heat is caused by the energy. the light it gives off is simply a harmless by-product. In Theory, you could create a blaster that shot out an "invisible" bolt, if you used the right types of energy and gasses. it might have excess-heat from the friction, but if the heat were ONLY from friction, it would make any blaster more-or-less useless at point blank (then again, assuming a bolt travels until it dissipates, point blank could be from a mile away... but thats beside the point)

i have no physical, non-fictious evidence to back this up, its merely what the guide said... and i might have mis-understood your post, but oh well

also note that this was not intended to offend anyone, im just debating on blaster physics, heh. way too often have i said things that werent meant to be offensive, but people thought it was and stuff and things and... k bye now

Oh, I know that. A very expensive, unique form of spun tibanna gas is invisible. An assassin ammo. The particles are transparent, but they ARE there; they still create heat. The beam will travel at half the speed of light, if you are using a power source rather than a gas canister! :)

Actually, matter (quantum) transportation is being slowly proved impossible. They've been able to recreate photons, but not actually teleport it.

As for warp speed//hyperdrive, it's impossible if you think about the Advanced Theory of Relativity, which states that the closer an object moves to light speed, the slower time goes for that object. If an object <b>passes</b> lightspeed, it should <i>theoretically</i> go backwards in time.

That is, unless, some kind of repulsing field can be created around the entire ship which proves physics impossible. :o

If you've seen Superman series, he went back in time by circling the Earth the opposite way that the Earth is orbiting, so the Earth orbits the opposite way...and it worked! hehehe :)

<font color=cbcbff> Point made Cow. You didn't have to call him a "n00b" however. Star Wars weapons are fictional things. If it was actually possible to explain how they worked, it would actually be possible to create such a weapon. Don't try to explain something that can't be explained. If it caused heat by friction with the air particles, that would mean that the air particles would be able to slow down the beam, since it's interacting with the light. So your own theory shoots you down in that sense because that would very concretely add range as a factor. If that was the case, the only environment that would not inhibit the weapon's range would be a vacuum. Trying to explain Star Wars weapons is like trying to fill a flat tire. There are too many fictional variables. The ideas fill you up until you think about them for a while and realize the faults caused by variables that have no basis in the real world since such weapons do not even exist.

Originally posted by Obi

<font color=cbcbff> Point made Cow. You didn't have to call him a "n00b" however. Star Wars weapons are fictional things. If it was actually possible to explain how they worked, it would actually be possible to create such a weapon. Don't try to explain something that can't be explained. If it caused heat by friction with the air particles, that would mean that the air particles would be able to slow down the beam, since it's interacting with the light. So your own theory shoots you down in that sense because that would very concretely add range as a factor. If that was the case, the only environment that would not inhibit the weapon's range would be a vacuum. Trying to explain Star Wars weapons is like trying to fill a flat tire. There are too many fictional variables. The ideas fill you up until you think about them for a while and realize the faults caused by variables that have no basis in the real world since such weapons do not even exist.

RIGHT ON BROTHA!!! :cool:

Originally posted by Obi

That's why I said HALF the speed of light, to make up for the friction. :p

Actually, Star Wars weapons are easy to figure out. They include a lot of information about them, and I have basic physics to back it up.

That's why I said HALF the speed of light, to make up for the friction. :p

Actually, Star Wars weapons are easy to figure out. They include a lot of information about them, and I have basic physics to back it up.

Alrite then, make me a Lightsaber!!!! :) or...Concussion Rifle....

Archived