Home

Steelers Update!

Heavyarms

Well, it is now halftime, the score is steelers 20, ravens 3.

Analysis: Steelers doing what they do best: Controling time on the clock, performing on defense, making turnovers. They have completely dominated. The Ravens are going to need to stop making penalties, they had 5, 2 were personal fouls. 3 turnovers, the ravens had. Leave your halftime and after-game comments below.

Right now, the Rams are taking it to the Packers. 31 to 10 in the 3rd. It's all over for the Packers super bowl trip.

edit: Make that 38 to 10 Rams. They just got an interception of a tipped pass. Very nice movement to the endzone.

well, here is the post-game breakdown:

Ravens: Absoloutely horrible. At least 3 penalties were personal fouls. And that wasn't the end of it. One offensive lineman had at least 3 illegal procedures. Grbac:18-37, with less than 100 yards. No running game. Something like 30 yards. Around 100 yards of offense. The special teams was probably the best, scoring the touchdown. The defense couldn't stop the run, even with Ray Lewis, Peter Boulware, and Tony Saragusa.

Steelers: Well, they played very good, but not great. Kordell was 12-22, not very good. He had a couple of 30 yard passes though. They kept giving the ball to Amos Zereoue, who just pounded away and got around 150 yards and 2 Touchdowns. The defense was on the money, making 3 picks, almost picked 3 more, and recovered a fumble. Qadry Ismail and Shannon Sharp were unable to do anything with the coverage the Steelers brought. Special Teams didn't look so great, though. One missed field goal, punting was good, but they let a 88 yard punt return happen, the longest in post-season history. Not a record to be proud of.

[edit]of course the steelers won their blow out game...but on to other matter that are more important;)[/edit]

Why did the Raiders have to screw up?!?!?:o

Also why didn't the Rams just lay down and die?!?!?!? (Rams= icon13.gif)

Well I did really enjoy the Eagles/Bears Game...From the first half impressions I thought it would be real close with the Bears pulling off a lucky victory. Then 2nd half...3 Bears go down within about a minute's time...2 of them in consecutive plays...Game Over...

Hopefully the Eagles will come out and kill the Rams:D

Guest Mal *Nexsis*

I miss watching the Bus run people down that get between him and the endzone...as for the doc...Bill probably gave him an earful for about threehours before and then an hours after...if Pittsburgh would have lost..and doc would have joined the team as a tackling dummy....

my prediction Steeler 342..Pats 3.....lol

Guest SlashAndBurn

Yeah...the Pats do suck...but the force is on their side this year.:D They've gotten farther than anyone expected them too. Than they had any right to actualy. So now Steelers WATCH OUT! You're about to become another statistic of the Pats recent fluke victories.;)

Guest Mal *Nexsis*

the steelers are a statistic...haven't won a SuperBowl in so long that they're really hunger for that ring...so the Pats should watch out...its going to be a good game to watch...tensions will be high trying to get a win to advance to the SuperBowl...I'm looking forward to watching the Steelers kick butt

bus_fans082001.jpg

Guest SlashAndBurn

I could ask the same question of those that didnt think the Pats would make it.;) Including myself.:)

Hell I'm happy if a New England team does even somewhat well.

the steelers managed thru 3-4 really bad years, they have 2 real players that were on their team that play from when they were last in the super bowl (stewart and Myron Bell). Bill Cowher has rebuilt them from nothing into something that can go to the super bowl. Hey, wait... Something on Bill cowher and Bill Belichick on news... they both say they both have done good job with their teams. They have known each other over 10 years.

Archived