Home

Rpg! Wraith Squadron!

Wraith 8

*Orthos, remembering his social training at the rehab centre he'd been to after escaping his father's tower on Byss. "When in large groups," the doctor had said, "try making a joke," and handed him a joke book*

Hey everybody-

Why to TIE fighters scream in space?

(Some wiseguy at the back trys to talk about Twin Ion Engines)

Because they miss their mothership!!!

*He hopes for laughter*

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garik thinks of the answer Dios gave him. and at the same time he heard Orthos make a joke. Garik smiled at the joke.... he heard that one before... but it was still funny to him... the problem is Dios was still staring at him while he was smiling and she didnt look happy. She must have thought iwas lauging at her. Hope she isnt angry at me. he quickly replied.

Ok... i agree with you on that. ok... other question. what is there health status? are they in good shape?

She knew he was laughing about the joke, she just didn't find the joke appropriate at the time or very funny. "They seem to be in fine shape, sir, but I still don't have paperwork on the K'beran and I have yet to give her a physical since she was late." She says as cordially as possible, irritated all over again at just mentioning it.

Ton giggled at the joke and sat back in his seat rubbing his temples, because he thougght a head ache was coming on. He was listening to the pilotes talk. This was one way he used to get to know people, by eaves dropping on peoples questions. Well, this really wasn't eaves dropping though since he was part of the converation.

*Orthos begins to drink again. His joke had been fairly well recieved, even though he was behind on that sort of thing. Jokes wern't very popular in the Darkstar tower on Byss. All Orthos had done as a child and hear about his father's various evil plans and how he hated his brother. Orthos had just found that out recently before escaping Byss. Deac wasn't his father's cousin, but Orthos uncle. Deciding to drop that depressing chain of thought, Orthos tried to mingle in*

Anyone here ever flown the Alliance Salvage Yard Run?

Ok that is fine Dios. I think you are doing a great job.

*Garik turned his attention to the rest of the group and just heard Orthos' Question. Garik Raises his hand.*

I did. i had the 4th fatstest time there was. I dont know how it is these days. I lost of This new kid Wedge Antilles. he was third, he is red squadron now. they ship off to Yavin Tomorrow. the other 2 guys i dont know.

Did you fly it?

After many hours working on the X-Wings a bleary eyed but grinning Jekari climbed out and stretched, several pops and cracks sounding the empty hangar as he lossed cramped muscles. Turning to Hassany his grin got bigger.

"Well hopefully everyone will like what we've done. And hopefully The Shadow won't hurt us...to much."

Snickering at his own dumb joke he did a last check. Everything seemed to be working fine. Soon, they would be out fighting. Revenge. HIs eyes narrowed and grew dark breifly before he shook his head. Enough of that for now. When he turned back to Hassany his familiar grin was firmly back in place.

"Well my friend. I beleive everyone is having a drink. Shall we join them?"

((ooc. Sorry bout taking so long to post. x_X Hopefully i can get off my lazy ass and actualy try to keep up lol))

Hassany was tired, but she agree with Jeraki and both went to find the others, she need to know a bit more of the squadron, maybe one of them will save her, so, she needs to know all aouth them,

-Let`s go sweetie, we need to relax now cause the fight will start soon, let`s go...-

Hassany and Jeraki went to the cantina, she hopes she can know somehting anout the squadron...

wow! that is good Orthos. i only went with the X-wing. but i did try a run in this new craft. Jan... er...... General Dodonna is making a new craft. he thinks of calling it an A -wing... but i think it must have another name than that. it was far from finished tho... but they liked to test it.. and look if it would be good for this squadron. i wasnt realy to happy about it. a bit to uncontrolable. But he is perfecting it as we speak... i hear he is gonna be lead on Yavin.

*Garik heard a door open and Hassany and Jekari came walking in. they looked around.*

Hey Hassany! Jekari? over here. come sit down.

*Garik turned his attention to Orthos once more.*

So did you ever fly a TIE i for real?

*Orthos has possibly let too much slip. But he could never really lie very well, a trait his father dispised in him*

Um...well...

Some of us have flown with the Imps before. So did I.

I was one of the Darkstar Knights on Byss. We all flew TIE Advanceds.

*Garik nodded his head in apreciation.*

Impressive. most impressive. Weill i once flown a TIE fighter in my younger days. They have some qualities... but id rather go with something that has shields.

Euh. Willy?

*The serving droid turned to Garik and didnt look happy.*

[droid] Sir. i dont believe your being proper. For a senior officer i would have expected better behavior. My designation is W-1L and not Willy.

Yeah whatever Willy. Give me another Sluissi Ale.

*The droid nodded and angry turned away from the group. Garik looked at the face Orthos made.*

Sorry, but i dont like droids that much. when i was young some almost killed me. they were programmed to kill me. so since then i have a dispice for droids. almost all.... except for my R2 unit.

*Orthos Nodded.*

*Hey Hassany! Jekari? over here. come sit down.

Hassany looked to all the people in the bar, the squadron looks a little bit serious, only Garik and Orthos were talking

- I see that our squadron is now like an old family, no one talk to each other and no one seems to be familiar to anyone- she said with a softly voice, no one hears what she said.

She does not feel comfortable there, someone were looking her and she felt it, she don´t like that...

-Sir, I do not want to be the bad one in this meeting, but we have 3 hours until the battle and i need to know how the new assignments will be, I´m a little bit nervous, this is my first battle without any member of first squadron, I need to know everything about this mission and I´m asking you to say us something about this, at least, tell us 1 hour until the battle, can you?

She smiled to Garik and went to the next sit she saw, someone called Raschel was there, so she went with her and talk

-Hey, hello, I´m Hassany, and you?

Garik smiled at the honesty Hassany had. He loved it when people were honest and to the point. just before she sat Garik answered.

Well Hassanny. In 4 hours we take of. In 3 hours we have a final briefing before we go. and there you will hear everything.

Hassany seemed to understand and sat down. Garik saw that she was sitting next to Raschel. the alien was quiet, but Hassany began talking to her.

Euh... if you all would excuse me. I have some things to attend to and maybe get an hour rest or so. Goodday to you all.

Garik walked away from the rest and went to his quarters. he undressed and went to bed. he set his timer for 2 hours. When you are with the Rebellion... you can get used to lesser sleep, he thought to himself. he quickly fell asleep.

*Orthos, hearing that it's 3 hours until briefing, decides to try out the simulator. He uploads the same battle: Renar.

A civilian starship suspected of harbouring rebels is being attacked by the ISD Darksword. Every time Othos plays this scenario the escape pods from the transport are always destroyed or captured.

Orthos flies towards the weapons systems. He is becoming better at predicting and dodging laser fire.

The Comm opens:

"All rebel ships, this is Lord Syrnl Darkstar. Surrender or die horribly."

Not today, father Orthos says to himself. He fires all of his torpedoes at the weapons system. It explodes in a huge eruption, heavily damaging Orthos' X-Wing. The starship escapes, and Orthos makes it out.

Now, he feels truly ready to fly*

Garik talked on with the pilotes as Ton's headache grew to an all time high. The talk that was going on around the table now was just babble to Ton. He stood up carefully on unsteady legs.

"I think I am going to med lab for several moments... I'll catch up with you guys." He turned around and hobbled out of the pilotes lounge.

*the alarm of his chrono was already stopped. it went off some 20 minutes ago. Garik was ready to go to work. he grabbed his comlink. watched the chrono. 1 hour until departure.

he activated the comlink and punched some numbers. a klick sound went to his own room threw the speakers in the ceiling. he avtivated the com system over the whole training area.*

<h3>Al personell of Wraith Squadron, please listen up. This is Commander Garik Loran. We have final briefing before our mission in 10 minutes. please all go to the briefing room right now.</h3>

*Garik had worked out the numbers of the flight teams before the briefing and was now on his way to clear them for the pilots.*

Ton was returning from the med lab after taking some pain killers when Garik's voice boomed the announcement. Ton forwned, the voice of his commander was only making his head throb more. He shrugged and made his way to the breifing room. His deepest hope was that the head ache wouldn't surface anytime on the mission. It could possibly mean his death.

*Garik enters the briefing room. everybody was already there, except for Ton Phanan. Garik walked up to the center when Ton entered. he didnt look so good. He looked at Ton, but Ton shook his head as if he were saying not to ask. The junior Lieutenant Orthos put away his book.

Garik cleared his Throat.*

Goodmorning pilots! Today is the day we leave for our base on the planet of Bimmisaari. I know that we were planning on another planet, but we had a change in plans. I also changed the numbers on you. i wanted an officer on each flight group. Ill read the changes to you:

Me, Captain Garik Loran. Wraith one or Wraith leader.

Executive Officer Ton Phanan. Wraith two.

Engineer Hassany. Wraith three.

Junior lieutenant Orthos Darkstar. You are now Wraith four.

Flightofficer Racshel Sheire. Wraith five

Flightofficer Jekary Duran. Wraith six.

Medical officer Charlie Dios. Wraith seven.

Flightofficer 'Shadow'. Wraith eight.

Flightofficer Kyle d'Tana. Wraith nine.

Everybody got that??

*He got nods all over the room.*

OK. now flight groups. We will have 3 flight groups.

One flight: ill lead that. Ton and Hassany? you are in that.

Two flight: Orthos will lead that. Racshel and Jekary are in that.

Three flight: Charlie will lead that. Kyle and 'Shadow will be in that.

when in combat.. we have to break by pairs. the problem is that we have one pilot short.

so i have decided... that Hassany will join Ton and me when we braik in pairs.

so wingmates are:

Ton, Hassany and me.

Orthos and Racshel.

Jekary and Charlie.

'Shadow and Kyle.

Ok. So much for the pilot planning. the mission at hand.

We have to stop an Imperial facility that is producing new kind of Mech destroyers. they are called AT-ST's. its a hidden base and it is believed to be a stormtrooper academi. we have also heard of a new kind of mech.. named AT-AT. it is still far in its development stage. We have to infiltrate the base and copy all plans on the new mech. we are also needed to blow up the facility. Its going to be tough. and first we need to raid the place a bit more.

On our way to our fall out base we are asked to make a hit and run on an Imperial convoy. it is believed that this convoy is suplying a new project of the imperials. We have to lay it dead.

it is protected by a victory class Star destroyer and Carack class cruiser. they carry a total of 4 squadrons of TIE fighters. so 48 fighters. we have to take out the the 4 big cargo ships. i want 3 flight to take care of the Cargo ships.

1 and 2 flight will fly cover for them. all fighters on our side has 12 proton torpedo's.

so i think we have enough power to make such a run.

ok... any questions? no?

everybody hit your fighters. we are leaving emidiatly.

*as the other pilots disperse to the hangar, Raschel heads for the medical office to deposit her medical records. She'd forgotten to turn them in earlier. Not that the records were very accurate anyway; they listed a quite a few health problems invented by her unpleasant former superiors. They'd intended to disqualify her from flying for the Alliance...so much for that.*

*Orthos was thrilled. He was leader of 2 flight! His friendly rehab doctor was right-he could make it in this universe. He decided that he'd probably better get aquianted with the members of his flight. Raschel in particular. You always were fimilar with your wingmate. With the Darkstar Knights, they were like brothers.

Orthos makes his way over to Raschel*

Hi, I'm your wingmate. I just wanted to say "Good Luck" and that I'm happy to be flying with you.

Archived