Home

Old Classics Revived

BooJaka14m

I was gonna ask whether they had made the re-release Sam & Max / Day of the Tentacle easier for Win 2000 / ME etc. I hope that its a re-release of Loom cos I want the CD version. Of course, a new adventure sequel would be better...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeeeeeees, a load of adventure games all on one DVD disk, which work on all computers, have features like talkie versions and enhanced music that's been re-made into MP3s so that you can listen to them out of the game, and it won't sound really bad because you haven't got the right DOS drivers for your sound card. And more! I want MORE!!

There were rumours this tie last year about re hashed adventured from LEC. - rescanned art at 640 x 480 and voices etc

We asked Simon Jeffery if they would ever conside rmaking those at E3, he said they would love to do that if they ever got time for something lke that.

considering all the out sourcing LEC have done, they havnt actually mentioned any game in process thats being made by them.. well maybe a few. who knows, maybe this is finally going to be a possibility.

:)

one day my excellent friends!

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend who works at Toys R Us. He was looking at the industry magazines for incoming stock. On one list was Escape From Monkey Island.

"So what?" I hear you say.

It was in the Gameboy Advance Category.

No! Monkey Island 1 and 2 are like silent films. Voices would ruin them.

And Dom's voice just doesn't come close to fitting with MI1 and MI2 Guybrush... His voice works perfectly with CMI Guybrush, but that's because it's a completely different character.

Originally posted by Cookie3118

the old games don't necessarily need to be CHANGED to be re-released. all i ask for is upgraded versions of wahichever (ok, EVERY) game that are compatible with computers of those of us who like to upgrade their OS every *DECADE* or so. is that so much to ask?

~Eva

Bah, just get a cruddy old 200meg hard drive, whack DOS on it, get some DOS mouse drivers, sound drivers (virtually all modern sound cards have some form of SoundBlaster 16 compatible DOS drivers), cdrom drivers, and away you go ;)

yeah, i mean i hate to be nostalgic and old and all of that stuff, but re-buffing MI1 and MI2 would be like remaking classic movies.

Just think of your favourit movie and imagine it being done differently with different actors, wouldn't it just seem ".....oh...." to you?

The classic status of monkey island would be spoiled i think if it were to be tinkered with

Archived