Home

Thoughts on the Disrupter weapon...

Silent_Thunder

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's sadistic Deathbolt! Get away from me please. ::distances himself from Deathbolt::

Now that that's over with, I like the scope, the animation as it is (and the fact that it's not even done yet is just awesome), and the ammo level. It was prevously said that there were 20 rounds (by counting the little green tallies on the side of the scope view) and 2 are used for disintegrations. I like the low ammo level. I don't think power weapons like this should have 500 ammo, etc. The one thing I'm worried about it that it will be too powerful. Like you said, if saber's can't deflect disruptors then there's no use to use a lightsaber. You will die. I'm sure that they will be deflected, though. But even so, if you are in a fight with another Jedi, you could be shot in the back. That's no fun.:(

i hope that at the full force level, you will be able to block shots no matter what direcetion they are coming from, though not always a garanteed block if two shot come at you from two different directions separated by more that 200 degrees, so that if someone tried to snipe you in the back you could block it

Originally posted by Lord_FinnSon

Excellent idea. Just like skeletons of Uncle Owen and Aut Beru in ANH(Dark Forces also had skeletons lying in ground). Movie didn't exactly explain which guns Stormies used to ...

They used flamethrowers/carbines (can't remember the proper name) Don't remember where I heard that though....

Originally posted by Lord_FinnSon

Excellent idea. Just like skeletons of Uncle Owen and Aut Beru in ANH(Dark Forces also had skeletons lying in ground). Movie didn't exactly explain which guns Stormies used to kill them...

You asked about what weapons stormtroopers used killing Beru and Owen? I think that they first used blasters and then afterwards burned corpses with flamethrowers...

Ps. mä olen myös suomesta :)

i agree that the freezing is very Trek (and probably because of the limitations of the sfx in the original show).

what would be cool would be if the target looked at his hand (or whatever was disintigrating) in surprise as it desapeared before his eyes.... ;)

i thought he bit a pin out of the thermal detonator too... are they using the SOF animation routines? ;)

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

I disagree with you, Belgirion, because I think change is far better than stagnation, and allows for the further evolution of things... and I hated the Conc, too :D;)

thats a shame...the conc ruled...im interested what splash dmg projectile weapons jk2 will have....

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

when Obi Was throws down with Butt-Face?

his name is "butt-face"!?!? hahahahahahaha!!!

anyways, my opinion on the original question asked in this thread (yeah its funny how the original topic of the thread doesn't last very long) i was kind of disappointed with the disruptor... i was really hoping to see a sort of "snipe-only" weapon in OUTCAST, you know, like the AWP or something... i think it would be much cooler to have an enemy fly back a littles when hit with the impact of the high powered bullet though, rather than just turn to stone.

Archived