Home

What weapon from JK do you want to see come back?

Dan12R

What gun do you want to see in JO?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What gun do you want to see in JO?

• Pistol
    • Storm Trooper rifle
    • Thermal detonators
    • Crossbow
    • repeater
    • Rail detonator
    • Sequence charges
    • Concussion rifle

I actually thought that the sequence charges had little use in SP. However, if I was low on health and on the run in MP, I'd hide them (behind crates, inside elevators) so when someone walked by, they'd get a nice surprise. But whenever my trusty saber couldn't do the job, I'd break out the Concussion rifle.

I loved the concussion rifle the most out of those. Since it used power cells, rail charges weren't necessary. That was probably the best part. Also, the repeater rifle would be next on my list, because of its incredible accuracy. I did sniping without a zoom scope with the repeater when I didn't have the scope.

slowbie, I thought of that, but it figured this would be more fun. Even if the others are confirmed, it doesn't mean that people do/don't want to see it in JO. So after hours of debating the issue with myself (ok, 30 seconds) I went with what it is now.

Sequencer charges were such a fun and satisfying weapon to use. I'm really going to miss it..

Though I can see it being added in a future patch or expansion (like with Quake2 and 3's expansions).

They could add a mine-type weapon in with an MP class system, etc. That'd be awesome. I'm already looking ahead pretty far, but imagine JK2 with a MotS-worthy bevy of new options and stuff!

It's true, I rarely used them in SP except when I wanted to get some creative kills, or I was too low on health to take out that AT ST with my saber or something. Nothing leaving a big stack of them in a nice bottleneck where a bunch of stormies were passing through..

I also liked how the use of mines was not unbalancing, because you could use the force to detect or avoid them.

Skin-wise I think we should have a "best of" collection, of characters from the entire Dark Forces series, and maybe from Obi-Wan as well (back when it was going to be a PC game).

But I digress...

Originally posted by Kurgan

Sequencer charges were such a fun and satisfying weapon to use. I'm really going to miss it..

Though I can see it being added in a future patch or expansion (like with Quake2 and 3's expansions).

They could add a mine-type weapon in with an MP class system, etc. That'd be awesome. I'm already looking ahead pretty far, but imagine JK2 with a MotS-worthy bevy of new options and stuff!

It's true, I rarely used them in SP except when I wanted to get some creative kills, or I was too low on health to take out that AT ST with my saber or something. Nothing leaving a big stack of them in a nice bottleneck where a bunch of stormies were passing through..

I also liked how the use of mines was not unbalancing, because you could use the force to detect or avoid them.

Skin-wise I think we should have a "best of" collection, of characters from the entire Dark Forces series, and maybe from Obi-Wan as well (back when it was going to be a PC game).

But I digress...

Good news, Kurgan, you won't have to miss them...one of the confirmed new weapons will be "trip mines" :D :D :D

Originally posted by Redwing

Good news, Kurgan, you won't have to miss them...one of the confirmed new weapons will be "trip mines" :D :D :D

Oh yeah! I'd completely forgotten those... thanks for reminding us about them, Redwing! :thumbsup:

I've been hoping for mines for quite a while... now it seems we'll have them... good :)

I guess I'm not going to poll because I have mixed reactions for different weapons.

However,the weapons I'd most probably like back are the:

1.Rail Detonator

Launching the rail charge to the bartender was such a great thing to do to justify to his 'Get out of my bar,you always cause trouble' theme.

2.Imperial Repeater

This is the gun I'd probably like just to get the job done.You actually only need a repeater to complete one whole level.Other than possessing the ability to shoot fast,it also won't kill you when you load at a wall with a RD or a CR.

3.Concusion Rifle

I have mixed feelings about this weapon.This weapon,is slightly overused in MP,and besides that,it's ugly.Those are the bad points.The good points,are as similar to the IR,is that it could get the job done.One shoot and your enemy wilt die.

The weapon I'd REALLY like NOT to come back are the detonator packs.I HATE them.Remember Lv.6?Whenever I pass a corner,suddenly-teet teet teet-BOOM!,and after about 2-3 times,Kyle will go 'Eeeewwwwwyyyyyyllllllroarg!!!!!!!'

Well, just so everyone knows: Of the weapons posted in this poll (Pistol, Storm Trooper rifle, Thermal detonators, Crossbow, Repeater, Rail detonator, Sequence charges and Concussion rifle) only two (the Rail detonator and Concussion rifle) have not been confirmed as returning in some form or another.

Archived