Home

'Shipping & Handling

Flying Beastie

there are special rules, i believe, concerning Revelation. It almost never appears as one of the readings in mass because of the special rules that I can't recall.

It may have something to do with ANY speculation about what it says as being bad.

Sirach is awesome to say. I've always felt Christianity lacked cool nouns like Hinduism has. Vishnu and Shiva are fun to say. "Joesph" ooh. ;)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we'er on the subject of the Bible and the Church and stuff, I thought I should ask if anyone has seen those shows on TBN.

Most of those shows I dislike, because of the image it sends out about how Christian are. Those people on those shows that are kind of like talk shows were these overly rich people talk about God and brag on how great of a christian they are. Now these people are perfect examples of what is called "of this world". Overly made up people with too much make up, jewelry and have on these expensive, butt ugly, clothes. Not to mention, the gold furniture. Who, after seeing these people, would want to be Christians? I know there are a few good programs on TBN because I have watched them.

Eh. It is a bit strange, but there's certainly nothing wrong with having money (assuming you got it legally...). I think having a lot of money can make it harder to focus on spiritual things, but not impossible. Let's just say that if somebody offered me ten million dollars, I'd take it :) Of course, having a lot of money brings brings with it an obligation to give more than what those not so rich do. For example, when <b>Nute</b> finally takes over the world, dropping a buck into the poor box every week just isn't going to cut it :)

Originally posted by BasiliskJC

While we'er on the subject of the Bible and the Church and stuff, I thought I should ask if anyone has seen those shows on TBN.

Most of those shows I dislike, because of the image it sends out about how Christian are. Those people on those shows that are kind of like talk shows were these overly rich people talk about God and brag on how great of a christian they are. Now these people are perfect examples of what is called "of this world". Overly made up people with too much make up, jewelry and have on these expensive, butt ugly, clothes. Not to mention, the gold furniture. Who, after seeing these people, would want to be Christians? I know there are a few good programs on TBN because I have watched them.

I totally agree...it's kind of...well...strange. And it's definitely not an accurate image of Christianity overall. Why are they wasting money on gold furniture when they could be giving it to the poor...to glorify themselves? I certainly don't see how gold furniture or fancy expensive clothes glorify God...

Originally posted by Redwing

I certainly don't see how gold furniture or fancy expensive clothes glorify God...

mind you Rev.Jesse Jackson's illegitamate child glorifies god...:rolleyes:

heres a funny note, kinda backward:

Jesse Jackson Jr spoke on campus here, and a friend went and saw him. I guess at the beginning he said, 'will all the brothers please stand up' got them up, got em pumped up, and says, 'promise me one thing here tonight brothas', they all cheered and ****, then he says' STOP BLAMING THE WHITE MAN FOR ALL YORU PROBLEMS, GET YO ASS OFF THE WELFARE AND GET A ****ING JOB', hahaahhaah, and then he got boo'd by them and everyone else laughed their asses off. :D

Why don't people give to the poor? <b>because it doesn't do ****</b>. Honestly, for the last 35 years (I'm pretty sure all this 'government will give you money' **** started under Johnson but I might be confusing it with something else) we've been handing out money to the poor and distute and it's JUST MADE THE SITUATION WORSE. Now we have millions of people with no motivation to improve themselves and just stay were they are soaking up my money. Watch any documentary were they interview someone that was an adult during the Great Depression. They were <i>ashamed</i> that they didn't have a job and were <i>embarassed</i> when they had to go to breadline or what have you out of absolute necessity. Now, you EXPECT the goverment to give you money just because.

It's a sad state of affairs when *I* have to pay for my own tuition for school and barely make it because the state doesn't give me any money (no, i CAN'T afford school. around 98% of my money goes to tuition, books, and gas to get there) and someone on welfare has the state paying for their school, brand new mustang, PS2, xbox, and everything else. I am NOT making this up. I live in a fairly unique part of the country in the respect that from my WINDOW I can see a house that an actual millionaire lives in and a house that has decidedly poor occupants. There are way too many people on welfare that don't have to be. If you can afford all the basic necessities (as welfare is intended to do) and STILL spend thousands of dollars on luxury items, then you don't need welfare at all.

I'll never give to the poor, even if I live in a solid gold house and bathe in $100 bill, until they get rid of welfare.

Helping the poor is a good and noble thing to do. It doesn't always take the form handing out money, though. We can give our time to be with the elderly or to teach and help children who nobody wants.

But I have to say that that comment about giving to the poor by Redwing was eerily close to what Judas Iscariot said.

Originally posted by Keyan Farlander

Helping the poor is a good and noble thing to do. It doesn't always take the form handing out money, though. We can give our time to be with the elderly or to teach and help children who nobody wants.

But I have to say that that comment about giving to the poor by Redwing was eerily close to what Judas Iscariot said.

What?!? It is not. The women who anointed Jesus (I ASSUME that's the incident you are referring to) was glorifying Him. I specifically said the guys spending money on gold furniture are doing it to glorify themselves, and NOT God. Please...

Archived