Home

Lord of the Rings: Lines that they didn't use

Boba Rhett

I was bored and spelunking around and came across some hilarious lists of lines that weren't used, "thankfully" :D in LotR. Try to guess what movies the lines originally came from! Here are the best ones.

Frodo to Boromir: "You want the Ring... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE RING”

Gimli: “It was the best of mines, it was the worst of mines.“ *ROFLMAO* :lol:

Witch-King to Sauron: “What are we going to do this Age Sauron?” “The same thing we do every Age, Angmar, try to take over Middle-Earth!”

Sauron: “I love the smell of Mordor in the morning.“

Strider: “Nazgul! I hate these guys!”

Sam: “I am Sam. Sam I am. Would you like taters and ham?”

Gollum: “Minass Morgul. You will never find a more wretched hive of sscum and villainy. We must be cautiouss.”

Gandalf at Orthanc: “What we have here is a failure to communicate!”

Aragorn to Gandalf: "I thought you were dead!" “Yeah, I get that a lot."

Frodo to the Ring: "You know, this was supposed to be my weekend off. But no-o-o-o-o.... you got me out here, draggin' yo heavy ass, through the burning desert, with your chain hangin' around my neck. You had to come down to the Shire with an attitude... actin' all big and bad. And what the hell is that smell!? Aghrrrr! I could have been at a barbecue!!" (Independence Day)

Frodo: “How did this ring get in here? Somebody's pulling a prank on me! Honestly, it's not mine!” (Austin Powers)

Gandalf and Frodo: "You see, wizards are like onions..." "They stink?" "Yes... No! They have layers!" (Shrek)

Gandalf: “Maybe if we work at it we can get Saruman charged with Kennedys' assassination.”

Merry to Treebeard: “What’s your name?” “Leeloo Minai Lekarariba-Laminai-Tchai Ekbat De Sebat.” “Good. That... that whole thing's your name, huh? Do you have, uh... a shorter name?” “Treebeard.”

Strider to Frodo: “Be afraid. Be very afraid.”

Sam: “Stupid is as stupid does, as the Ol’ Gaffer used to say.”

Boromir (exiting Moria): “I gotta say I'm with Legolas on this. I been to some f---ed up places in my time, but that place is f---ed up.”

Gandalf to Pippin in Moria after the noise: “Low profile. Do you know what the words "low profile" mean?”

Merry: “Look on the bright side. We'll all get high schools named after us.”

Boromir on seeing Gandalf fall: “Oh my God, the quarterback is toast!”

Gandalf pep talk to Frodo: “You are the wrong person at the wrong place at the wrong time!” “Story of my life.”

Gandalf: “I speak over two thousand languages, including Dodo and Unicorn.”

Isildur (after defeating Sauron): “DAMN what a rush!!”

Isildur, at Mt. Doom: "Frankly, Elrond, I don't give a damn"

Gandalf: “Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”

Boromir: “Why did it have to be a cave troll? I hate cave trolls.”

Aragorn after cutting off Lurtz' head: There can be only one!

Gandalf, while falling into the chasm: "Get your ass to Mordor!" :lol:

Aragorn has just decapitated Lurtz, & is standing there with Legolas: “Not the time to lose one's head.” “No.” “That's not the way to get ahead in life.” “No.” “It's a shame he wasn't more headstrong.” “Hmm.” “He'll never be the head of a major corporation.” “Okay, that'll do.” “Okay.” :lol:

Arwen: "Must ride faster, must ride faster!"

Frodo on top of Mt. Doom: “Made it Ma!!! Top of the world!!!!”

Frodo and Gandalf: “So what's the plan?” “Um...” “YOU DON'T HAVE A PLAN?!” “Hey, I'm making this up as I go along!”

Gandalf on viewing the Balrog: "I'm gonna need a bigger staff!"

Theoden to Gandalf: "Fast? You've never heard of Shadowfax? This is the horse that made the Kessel run in less than 3 par-secs. She's fast enough for you old man."

Aragorn to Boromir: "You call that a sword? That's not a sword. THIS is a sword."

Ahahahaha.....ahaha.....aha...... Well I thought they were funny. :p

Frodo to the Black Riders "This isn't the ring you're looking for"

Black riders at Ford Bruinen "Mordor ... we have a problem"

Aragorn facing the big statues on the great river "It's good to be the king"

Rohan army at the gates of Ortanc "All your base are belong to uss"

Out of insperation for now ...

Okay, let me see what movies I can get...

Frodo to Boromir: "You want the Ring... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE RING” A few Good Men "You want the truth? you can't handle the truth!"

Gimli: “It was the best of mines, it was the worst of mines.“ *ROFLMAO* A Tale of two Cities "It was the best of Times, it was the worst of Times"

Witch-King to Sauron: “What are we going to do this Age Sauron?” “The same thing we do every Age, Angmar, try to take over Middle-Earth!” Pinky and the Brain

Sauron: “I love the smell of Mordor in the morning.“ Apocalypse Now "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning"

Strider: “Nazgul! I hate these guys!” Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade "Nazis! I hate these Guys!"

Sam: “I am Sam. Sam I am. Would you like taters and ham?” Dr. Seuss, Green Eggs and Ham

Gollum: “Minass Morgul. You will never find a more wretched hive of sscum and villainy. We must be cautiouss.” Star Wars ANH

Gandalf at Orthanc: “What we have here is a failure to communicate!” - Don't know this one

Aragorn to Gandalf: "I thought you were dead!" “Yeah, I get that a lot."

Frodo to the Ring: "You know, this was supposed to be my weekend off. But no-o-o-o-o.... you got me out here, draggin' yo heavy ass, through the burning desert, with your chain hangin' around my neck. You had to come down to the Shire with an attitude... actin' all big and bad. And what the hell is that smell!? Aghrrrr! I could have been at a barbecue!!" (Independence Day)

Frodo: “How did this ring get in here? Somebody's pulling a prank on me! Honestly, it's not mine!” (Austin Powers)

Gandalf and Frodo: "You see, wizards are like onions..." "They stink?" "Yes... No! They have layers!" (Shrek)

Gandalf: “Maybe if we work at it we can get Saruman charged with Kennedys' assassination.”

Merry to Treebeard: “What’s your name?” “Leeloo Minai Lekarariba-Laminai-Tchai Ekbat De Sebat.” “Good. That... that whole thing's your name, huh? Do you have, uh... a shorter name?” “Treebeard.” 5th Element

Strider to Frodo: “Be afraid. Be very afraid.” - don't know for sure

Sam: “Stupid is as stupid does, as the Ol’ Gaffer used to say.” Forrest Gump "Momma always said, Stupid is as Stupid does"

Boromir (exiting Moria): “I gotta say I'm with Legolas on this. I been to some f---ed up places in my time, but that place is f---ed up.” - don't know

Gandalf to Pippin in Moria after the noise: “Low profile. Do you know what the words "low profile" mean?” - don't know

Merry: “Look on the bright side. We'll all get high schools named after us.” -???

Boromir on seeing Gandalf fall: “Oh my God, the quarterback is toast!” -???

Gandalf pep talk to Frodo: “You are the wrong person at the wrong place at the wrong time!” “Story of my life.” -???

Gandalf: “I speak over two thousand languages, including Dodo and Unicorn.” C3P0? Fluent in over 6 million forms of cumminication

Isildur (after defeating Sauron): “DAMN what a rush!!” - ???

Isildur, at Mt. Doom: "Frankly, Elrond, I don't give a damn" Gone with the Wind "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"

Gandalf: “Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.” Star Wars ANH

Boromir: “Why did it have to be a cave troll? I hate cave trolls.” Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark "Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes? I hate Snakes!"

Aragorn after cutting off Lurtz' head: There can be only one! Highlander

Gandalf, while falling into the chasm: "Get your ass to Mordor!" -???

Aragorn has just decapitated Lurtz, & is standing there with Legolas: “Not the time to lose one's head.” “No.” “That's not the way to get ahead in life.” “No.” “It's a shame he wasn't more headstrong.” “Hmm.” “He'll never be the head of a major corporation.” “Okay, that'll do.” “Okay.” - ! KNOW this one, why can't I remember the movie, it's killing me!!!!!!

Arwen: "Must ride faster, must ride faster!" - ???

Frodo on top of Mt. Doom: “Made it Ma!!! Top of the world!!!!” -???

Frodo and Gandalf: “So what's the plan?” “Um...” “YOU DON'T HAVE A PLAN?!” “Hey, I'm making this up as I go along!” Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Gandalf on viewing the Balrog: "I'm gonna need a bigger staff!" - This one too!!! Why can't I rememeber it? AAAArrgh!!!

Theoden to Gandalf: "Fast? You've never heard of Shadowfax? This is the horse that made the Kessel run in less than 3 par-secs. She's fast enough for you old man." Star Wars ANH

Aragorn to Boromir: "You call that a sword? That's not a sword. THIS is a sword." - ???

Frodo to the Black Riders "This isn't the ring you're looking for" [/b]STar Wars ANH[/b]

Black riders at Ford Bruinen "Mordor ... we have a problem" Apollo 13

Aragorn facing the big statues on the great river "It's good to be the king" Robin Hood men in tights

Rohan army at the gates of Ortanc "All your base are belong to uss" Zerowing

And now for my own lines:

Strider to the hobbits: "There are worse things out tonight than Nazguls" "like what?" "...Me"

Sauron to Sauruman: "...so you see, he said, I'm not the real dred dark lord Sauron either, the real Dark Lord Sauron retired and has been living in Patagonia like a king"

Boromir, after being shot with arrows, to Aragorn: "I need a vacation"

Elrond, Gandalf and Aragorn, explaining the importance of destroying the Ring, to the council: "If the ring's not destroyed it could mean events of Biblical proportions!" "what do you mean?" "Plagues, famine" "the dead raising" "Cats and dogs sleeping together... MASS HYSTERIA!"

Gandalf with Frodo after realizing the Ring is the ring of Power: "Great Scotts! It's the ring of Power! Frodo, Do you know what this means?! This could destroy the space time contiuum!" "Whoa Gandalf...this is heavy!"

Gandalf to Sam explaining the journey ahead to Mordor: "There will be sleepless nights, avalanches, cave trolls and demons, volcanoes with scorching lava, and Sauron's orcs will be attacking us every step of the way!" "Ok, all you had to say was worst possible scenario, that's it... worst possible scenario"

Boromir in the great hall in the mine being surrounded by orcs: "That's it man, gave over man... GAME OVER!!"

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

Aragorn has just decapitated Lurtz, & is standing there with Legolas: “Not the time to lose one's head.” “No.” “That's not the way to get ahead in life.” “No.” “It's a shame he wasn't more headstrong.” “Hmm.” “He'll never be the head of a major corporation.” “Okay, that'll do.” “Okay.” - ! KNOW this one, why can't I remember the movie, it's killing me!!!!!!

Austin Powers :D

Originally posted by Eets'chula

Austin Powers :D

DOH!!!!! *slaps forehead* :rolleyes: I knew I knew it!!!!!

EDIT:

And I just remembered this one...

Gandalf on viewing the Balrog: "I'm gonna need a bigger staff!" - This one too!!! Why can't I rememeber it? AAAArrgh!!!

It's from Jaws: "We're going to need a bigger boat!"

Man that's sad, it took me that long to remember that! :eek:

Frodo and Elrond "Where'd you get the ring?" "I found it" "In hobbiton?" "What of it?" "This is a lightness zone, rings of power are dark." "Maybe it moved here." "Are you suggesting rings migrate?" "Not at all, it could be carried." "By what, a swallow?" "Yes." "What, held under the dorsal guiding feathers?" "It could be grasped in the middle." "Its not a matter of how he grasps it, its a matter of pure weight ratios. A 1 pound swallow cannot carried a 12 ounze ring."....etc.

Frodo on top of Mt. Doom: “Made it Ma!!! Top of the world!!!!” - Jimmy Cagney

Gandalf on viewing the Balrog: "I'm gonna need a bigger staff!" - Godzilla (maybe)

Aragorn to Boromir: "You call that a sword? That's not a sword. THIS is a sword." - Crocodile Dundee

Gandalf on the bridge to the demon- "Answer me these questions three, dare the other side you see."

Sarumon and Sauron- "We have a new enemy, Frodo Baggins." "He could destroy us." "If he could be turned he would be a powerfull ally."

Frodo- You've failed Sauron, i am a ring-bearer, like my uncle before me.

Sarumon to Orcs- Comb the forests! Do you hear me? Comb the forests!!!

Gandalf in the Mines of Moria in reference to Gollum: "You think he's gone? That's just it, HE'S NEVER GONE!!!"

Aragorn to Hobbits in Bree: "Come with me if you want to live."

Aragorn to Boromir as Boromir dies: "Oh Brave Boromir, you shall not have died in vain!" "I'm not quite dead." "Oh, then you shall not have been mortally wounded in vain..." "Actually, sir, I think I may pull through. " "Oh sweet Boromir, rest here. I must attack the Orcs in my own...um..." "Idiom, sir?" "Yes, Idiom" "Actually, I'm feeling better, I think I'll come with you... Um... I'll just stay here then, shall I sir?"

Aragorn to Lurtz: "I see your sword is as big as mine!"

Aragorn after cutting off Lurtz' head: "Yippy-kai-ay mother @#!$%!"

Suraman and Lurtz preparing for battle: "The men have been bringing you lots of swords, Suraman" "Lurtz, would you say I have a plethera of swords?" "Um...Si, Suraman, you have a plethera of swords."

Aragorn and Legolas after Boromir' death and seperation of fellowship: "Is this a bad thing?" "Yes, Legolas, losing Gandalf in Moria, Boromir being slain with arrows, the fellowship being split up and going in opposite directions and army of orcs right behind us wanting to kill us would fit nicely.. IN THE BAD THINGS CATEGORY!!!!"

Suaron and Suraman discussing Gandalf: "He won't be a problem, master" "how can you be so sure?" "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."

Archived