Home

Offical System Requirements

JackTheGaffer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm strange, it says that it requires an openGL video card, yet it also supposedly requires Dx. Gay.

I Hope this does't meant that there will not be a linux dedicated server. There will be far fewer good servers if they can only be win 2k/xp (and you sure as hell wouldn'a wanna run a server with win 9x/me). Not having a linux sever would be a big mistake. If they were cool they would release the lin binaries so we could use our win versions of JK2 to play on linux and/or run servers.

People wouldn't be so quick to pirate windoze OSes if they had some real choices.

Originally posted by Cyclone

Its a shame that the Geforce4 is not supported. I would have thought that it would have been. :p

Cyclone

The only Geforce 4 thats been released so far is the crappy Geforce 4 MX line...wait till the real powerhouse has been released the.... Geforce 4 Ti!!!;)

I'm sure LEC will update the list of the supported chipsets...its written there thats its the supported list at the "time of release".

Qel

We werent really expecting them to support the Voodoo cards. Luckily I got a GeForce so im fine. Actually these specs are lower than we expected, but PC Gamer did get them right. Maybe I didnt need to upgrade my computer after all. But remember, specs arent everything. Thats why the Quake engine is so good...low specs for great graphics. Just look at C&C Renagade, high specs, but terrible graphics. :)

Wow.. I never thought the system requirements would be THAT low....I mean.. a 400Mhz CPU and a 16MB vidcard is fast enough to play?

I know people with such PCs will have to set resolution and detail and maybe even the screensize to a minimum, but how will the game play then?

There's a difference between running the game and playing the game. I used to play JK1 single player on a P60, with 3d off, detail low and screensize 5. The game ran well, but I had no fun playing at all, because I couldn't see very well, everything wasnt clear but pixelated and awful.

Soo what do you guys think the mimimum system requirements will be if you dont only want to run the game, but also want to be able to play the game?

I'm thinking of a 600MHz CPU, 32MB AGP videocard and 128MB internal memory.

I'm happy to say that my computer will be able to handle it. I've got a Duron 750 and 64MB GeForce2 MX/400 along with 128 MB RAM. But I don't know how much we can't trust these specs. I'm not saying these aren't the offical specs because they are. But I remember trying to play JK on my dad's computer, which, at the time, was a 100 P1. The minimum requirements were a P1 90MHz (if I remember correctly). It wasn't even worth playing on it. The frames were terrible, the res was as low as it could go and it just was sad. MP games were terrible as well. So I recomend for those who barely make it to either consider getting a new video card or maybe a little faster CPU or at least look into the prices. But who knows. This might not be the case with these requirements. We'll have to wait for a demo or the full game.

Archived