Home

Demo this Friday?

mariners2001

With all the discussion I've had about the demo release. Speculation tells me that there's an extremely high chance of the demo being released this Friday when LucasArts updates... Hehe... Sorry, if I'm getting you're hopes up, but it seems quite likely. Does anyone else think there'll be a demo this Friday?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starfighter was already released on a different system and no one was really excited about it. Jedi Knight 2 is getting a lot of hype and attention. The last LucasArts game like that was Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and that demo was released two months before release! There's a hopeful chance.

I hope there is a demo this week or else I am going to go nuts with anticipation craziness and such. I think it is likely because JKII is getting a huge amount of press as of now and why not show off your hard work. Plus, Raven did not say no Demo, they just said the decision lies with Lucasarts. Once again, take it easy all.

geeb

Originally posted by buzzfunk666

Raven have stated that they first goal is to finish up the full game. They also said that a demo before shipping Jk2 is all up to LA. So with this info in mind, theres no reason to belive that there will be a demo this week.

Well said...

Originally posted by buzzfunk666

Raven have stated that they first goal is to finish up the full game. They also said that a demo before shipping Jk2 is all up to LA. So with this info in mind, theres no reason to belive that there will be a demo this week.

Remember that a demo would prolong the release of the game. I'm we'd all like to see a demo this week but would you have the demo this week and have the game delayed a week or two later?

I don't really see what the fuss is about a demo delaying the realease of a game. Most of the programmers are done with their work at this point. The game is almost gold...just a couple of people could take a sp and a mp level...put the already done installer on the front end, put some readmes and graphics together, make an .exe, and release a demo! LEC is just making us wait...we'll see one soon enough I'm sure.

About the game being delayed...I think the only thing at this point that will delay the game involves packaging, marketing, legal, and shipping problems. Then again, I have never worked at a gaming company...just been invovled in gaming news for a long time.

Swoosh

I'd rather they have GameSpy functionality, because that way more people will play it online. It seems gamespy is more popular than the zone.

As long as the demo doesn't delay release, i'm all for it. What'd be really funny though is if they released a demo where u get to kill a few stormies with a blaster and you don't even see a lightsaber :) that'd just be mean and torturous hehe

Originally posted by Swoosh

I don't really see what the fuss is about a demo delaying the realease of a game. Most of the programmers are done with their work at this point. The game is almost gold...just a couple of people could take a sp and a mp level...put the already done installer on the front end, put some readmes and graphics together, make an .exe, and release a demo! LEC is just making us wait...we'll see one soon enough I'm sure.

About the game being delayed...I think the only thing at this point that will delay the game involves packaging, marketing, legal, and shipping problems. Then again, I have never worked at a gaming company...just been invovled in gaming news for a long time.

Swoosh

Exactly what I wanted to say, but u said it best....;)

Qel

Archived