Home

Outcast on the Zone(2/28/02)

Guest Obi

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zone will probably be around 12. If the zone is like JKI, then you'll be making listen servers for JKII. Everyone knows that a listen server is slower than a faster server because the processor is rendering screens as well as performing server functions. Perhaps though, they will let you browse dedicated servers. In which case, would be a good move for Raven/LEC/Microsoft in general because they will get more praise/attention/users.

Sorry for the /'s :)

OK two things, there is no way I'm playing on zone unless it displays dedicated servers. Having a ping of 150+ against a host with a ping of 0 is gay.

Secondly, somebody's gonna have to make a mod to fix speed. Only lasts 5 seconds?! 75% increase max!? pffffffft thanks for dumbing down jk2 !@#$ers.

Originally posted by WD_ToRMeNt

OK two things, there is no way I'm playing on zone unless it displays dedicated servers. Having a ping of 150+ against a host with a ping of 0 is gay.

Secondly, somebody's gonna have to make a mod to fix speed. Only lasts 5 seconds?! pffffffft thanks for dumbing down jk2 !@#$.

Desslock = powerposter :D

Speed is fine. Its used to get out of a situation and open an attack. This will eliminate the speed freaks of JKI who constantly have speed on and generally play a game of stalemate, run past the guy and hope you hit him. Besides, it'll probably cost very little force.

I dunno if I like this or not. I like the idea of having the Zone community, but I'm guessing that after a while, the Zone will only be a place for the more casual players, as more serious gamers will know that dedicated servers are much better to play on.

Originally posted by WD_ToRMeNt

*Sighs* Looks like JK2 will be dumbed down and gay out of the box. Some one better start thinking up a mod to fix speed and a few other things.

5 sec max and a (at best) 75% increase doesn't cut it.

BAAH! I hate people like this wd_torment who wanted JK2 to be just like JK1, except with better graphics and a few slight adjustments. Now he's all upset the force powers aren't the same and that mapping and force_seeing aren't the same as in JK1 aahahahaha :D. "

Everybody told him: "JK2's gonna be a different game, prepare to be all newbie again :)!!"

But he was still stubborn, and now he's even asking for a mod to "fix"speed and a few other things. (*cough* translation: "Make a mod so JK2= JK1 with better graphics" *cough* ).

all I can say to him is:

L O L! :D

stop complaining, throw away your idea of becoming an instant "elite" in JK2, and prepare urself for some fun playful months where EVERYBODY's gonna be all NEWBIE again :D :D :D!

well you should give a lil respect to old school players man. ive played torment and many in his clan before. these guys are hardcore players.

aiming skill = easily translatable to any shooter

learning the nuances of each system may take a lil time.

that said, i dont want jko to be jk1 with better graphics. i like the fact that you cant just force speed 100% of the time. that IMO took away from the game. why not just make a quake mod where you jump really high and run super fast. its the same thing if you think about it.

now speed seems more tactical. could be used to a quick escape or to quickly close ground.

i welcome the new game whole heartedly. i will probably be playing nf sabers the most anyways :)

:fett:

This was a great discovery of yours! . I must confess i also thought in just typing that link on my browser and click "Enter" but i just didn't do it. Heehehe...well i'm glad you found this. It gives a complete detailed information bout force powers and Weapons! Also let us know that we will be able to save Jedi's in a Deatchmatch mode. I'm not sure how this works but i'm going to find out.

Thank you for this.

Originally posted by UseDaAgression

Newb Q- Where do you find *Dedicated Servers* I alwaysed used the zone , hehe but with 18+ people i dont think the zone can handle it

use gamespy (lots of lame ads i dont like it)

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download/

or The All Seeing Eye (no lame ads)

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

or kali (have to buy it for 20 bucks....really old future for this program is uncertain)

http://www.kali.net

jedi knight 2 will have an in game server browser though.

Originally posted by madrebel

well you should give a lil respect to old school players man. ive played torment and many in his clan before. these guys are hardcore players.

aiming skill = easily translatable to any shooter

learning the nuances of each system may take a lil time.

that said, i dont want jko to be jk1 with better graphics. i like the fact that you cant just force speed 100% of the time. that IMO took away from the game. why not just make a quake mod where you jump really high and run super fast. its the same thing if you think about it.

now speed seems more tactical. could be used to a quick escape or to quickly close ground.

i welcome the new game whole heartedly. i will probably be playing nf sabers the most anyways :)

:fett:

I do have MUCHOS respect to all those good FFers of JK1. in my eyes was FF THE hardest setting ever to play! So I bow down to all FF players who managed to get good at it, including torment, gabby, jen, shauna, etc.

But I do not like torment's attitude towards JK2, so thats why I commented in that way on his post.

Force pull can knock down opponents. Gotta love it.

And force push at full power actually damages targets. Good that light siders will have access to an offensive force power.

Also, why is force energize a dark side power?

And maximum seeing allows you to dodge sniper fire. Very cool.

No force surges and weapon boosts apparently. Although force rage increases rate of fire. Cool.

Guest Sabre9
Originally posted by Wilhuf

No force surges and weapon boosts apparently. Although force rage increases rate of fire. Cool.

Using Force Dark Rage (heh - sounds like a Barbarian in 3E D&D) using the E-11's secondary fire mode... Full clip GONE in 2 seconds... :D

Hmmmm, that's odd......

--------------------------------------

Force Powers (Dark Side)

Grip

Duration Immediate

Effect Chokes enemy players (except for Level 3, you can't move while applying this power)

Level 1 Enemy is immobile (but undamaged) for 5 seconds

Level 2 Same as Level 1, but with damage to enemy

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but you can move and also smash enemy into walls/objects for more damage, or use him as a shield

---------------------------------------

Looks like now we Light-Siders have to be worried about being used as human missiles or human sheilds for a person with level 3 Force Grip. But @least they can't move when using it.

I agree with Zodiac. I have great respect for good JK players, it was a tough engine to master (the same way i have great respect for good T2 players...) but torments attitude is all wrong. Well, if he doesn't like the game, he can make himself that mod.

And play it against bots.

*Sighs* Looks like JK2 will be dumbed down and gay out of the box.

Torment, don't be so quick to judge without seeing all these powers in action.. this thing could turn out to be as complicated as JK.. just complicated in different areas.

Push

Duration Immediate

Effect Push objects; deflect missiles; defend against Force Pull/Grip attacks

Wonder what all in Jedi outcast qualifies as missiles?

As for speed, I'm kinda disapointed it lasts only 5 seconds, but it won't be *as* bad if you can just keep pressing the button every 5 seconds..

Personally, I was hoping for some more inventive/original Force powers. Everything they've listed so far isn't much more than an enhancement of the JK1 powers, or cominbations of the ones they gave us in the original. Oh well, hopefully those were just the forcepowers/pickups for multiplayer.

In any event, anyone who's in doubt just has to DL the demo when it comes out. Or if that's impossible, borrow your friend's copy of JKO for "backup purposes". :D

Welp, I guess I shouldn't be so upset, after all it won't be long till some one codes a mod that fixes speed and hopefully anything else. Honestly though, JK MP was nothing like anything ever seen before. That was what made it great. The way JK2 forces are handled makes it q3 with sabers and forces. They really are taking away something that made JK gameplay above and beyond quake #, UR, UT, or anything else.

Behold JK2, the q3 totall conversion.

Archived