Home

new weapons/zone thingy

thrEEpaGe

hmm...that rocket launcher sounds a little boring....(i guess im jaded by UT's launcher)...although the flachette sounds a little FC'ish to me =))) very nice of MSataN Gaming Zone to post that for us....i hope that the system isnt as fuxed up as jk was..heh..

Sounds like a mix of the JK rail detenator, mixed with the seeker rail detenator in MoTS which I liked both for the most part. They weren't very effective against others in MP, since the rail charges can be easily avoided but it should come in handy when taking down an AT-ST.

I noticed that too...

There's some interesting things on the Force Power page...

"Rage

Duration 10-30 seconds

Effect Frenzy of speed; drains your health; healing time matches usage

Level 1 10-second Rage; 10-second health recovery

Level 2 20-second Rage; 20-second health recovery

Level 3 30-second Rage; 30-second health recovery

Dark Rage (more powerful Rage) Fire 33% faster; move 2x faster; decrease damage taken by 50%; can't die. Recovery after Dark Rage: Fire 50% slower; move at 75% normal speed "

All of the other force powers only have 3 power ranges, but Dark Rage has 4... Hmm, this power will be interesting for multiplayer, for sure...

"Absorb

Duration Continuous

Effect Absorbs damage from Force Power attacks; turns energy from attack into Force Power for you

Level 1 33% damage absorbed/gain Force Power

Level 2 66% damage absorbed/gain Force Power

Level 3 100% damage absorbed/gain Force Power "

Wait a sec... Absorb is continuos, so it's ALWAYS on?? That means someone with level 3 absorb is 100% invinsible to dark attacks 100% of the time? Can someone explain to me what they mean please....

"Speed

Duration 5 seconds

Effect Super fast run

Level 1 25% faster than normal

Level 2 50% faster than normal

Level 3 75% faster than normal "

YAY! it seems I have gotten it the way I wanted after all... No more force speed lasting for 5 minutes, but 5 seconds instead :D. I suppose people could jsut keep tapping the force speed button everytime it runs out, but that'll probably use up a ton of mana, sicne mana doesn't recharge while a force power is in use....

"Grip

Duration Immediate

Effect Chokes enemy players (except for Level 3, you can't move while applying this power)

Level 1 Enemy is immobile (but undamaged) for 5 seconds

Level 2 Same as Level 1, but with damage to enemy

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but you can move and also smash enemy into walls/objects for more damage, or use him as a shield "

I'm glad that level 1 and 2 force chokes don't allow the user to move... However, I wish level 3 had the same effect, oh well :).

"Drain

Duration Variable

Effect Drains Force Powers from enemy and applies them to your health

Level 1 Drains 10 Force Points, heals same amount

Level 2 Drains 15 Force Points/sec., heals same amount

Level 3 Drains any target within limited arc at 20 points/sec., heals same amount "

Hmm, very interesting power... The oposite of Force heal, but it seems us Dark JEdi's will get to have some healing power after all. It also seems fairly balanced force power...

In conclusion, I absolutely love the way all of the "common" force powers are done, especially pull/push, and force speed...

Also, alot of the Dark and Light powers are very interesting sounding... However, I'm still wondering what will be there to balance absorb out... (since it's apparently always on, and absorbs 100% of force damage and gives you back some). Force Rage and Force Drain are also pretty cool sounding, and I can't wait to use them... I also am glad Raven put team heals/ energizers in..

Since absorb uses force power it would drain as it is active ...

On the 'new railgun' ... that was the way I used it as well - only against AT-ST's ... well, OK, sometimes I blew up a couple of stormies for fun ;) I may be a light-sider, but occasionally it is nice to commit random acts of evil (like cutting down everyone in the Bespin secrect MotS level ...)

Mike

Speed

Duration 5 seconds

Effect Super fast run

Level 1 25% faster than normal

Level 2 50% faster than normal

Level 3 75% faster than normal

What a ******* ********** disapointment that is.

Don't they know that speed was one of the best things in jk? this is going to lead to force surge hogging.. definately! We now know that there is gonig to be soem unblacncing then.

[Edit - Stormy - swearing :tsk: ]

That would be ok for single player but 5 measly seconds and they're slowing it down for sp anyway. think as if you were dodging firing with your gun 100mph and hten you stop, start, stop start etc. people are going to think you are the most unfit jedi ever to roam the earth never mind running out of mana because the damn thing won't stay on.

I don't think force speed is ment to be a means of transportation, but more of a means of quick escape, or a means of catching up to someone who's running away from you... Because of that, 5 seconds is a good ammount, it gives you just enough time to move out of the way of someone fireing a homing rockett at you, and a short enough time so that you're not running at 100mph ALL the time. It also makes the power alot more movie like I think...

But if Force speed is not as fast as it was in the original JK, then you could try using Dark Rage, with level 3 force speed and see how fast you go... :).

5 seconds is plenty of time to get out of a tight spot

I'm not a pussy you know :p

I know i have been here for ages (hence the monsta number udner my name) but i thoguht it woudl ahve been the same. it was one of the things i didn't want to be changed. i accepted that i coudl adapt with no force seeing but also taking force speed away is liek pulling my heart away. :(

Archived