Home

Skins??

CaptainRAVE

Ugnaught!! Awww those poor little basts got thier asses handed to them by me all the time in jk/mots... i want to encounter an Uganught Jedi :) he would finally kick some ass and restore ugnaught pride and joy :)

:sweating::monkey4: Only in Starwars does a man throw sweat on his monkey! :D

Give it a few weeks/a month or two and ppl will be popping ut mods like there's no tomorrow......

Some skins i would like to see:

Vader

Han

Leia

Jon Dodona

General Veers

TK421 ;)

Admiral piett

BOBA FETT!!!! :fett:

Wedge Antillies...

OK OK OK! The whole cast of episode 4,5,6 and stick in Qui Gonn, Amidala, Obi-wan-kid, anakin, and sidious, oh, and R2! :o)

no Qui Gon ... and no Obi-Wan (yah maybe as a spritit guy ... but then again he faded away a long time agao read the Thrawn TRilogy for that) ....

i think it wouldnt add any more fun in the game ... just implent more original JK and DF models ... hope they put a Dark Katarn in the list heheh

Here's what I find interesting:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kenn, or someone from the recent online chat, say that there wouldn't be any Episode I-II skins, such as Darth Maul and the Jedi Council, because those people weren't alive during the time period of Jedi Outcast? If so, then how does this rule reconcile with the fact that a Darth Vader skin was availble for multiplayer in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, when clearly Darth Vader was dead at that time as well?

Besides, we're talking about multiplayer here. And as everyone is so fond of saying, it's just a game. We're not rewriting Star Wars history. We're playing pretend, and should be interested in what would be the most fun.

Anyway, I hope there are multiple skins from all periods of the Star Wars universe available for multiplayer.

Originally posted by Vagabond

Here's what I find interesting:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kenn, or someone from the recent online chat, say that there wouldn't be any Episode I-II skins, such as Darth Maul and the Jedi Council, because those people weren't alive during the time period of Jedi Outcast? If so, then how does this rule reconcile with the fact that a Darth Vader skin was availble for multiplayer in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, when clearly Darth Vader was dead at that time as well?

Besides, we're talking about multiplayer here. And as everyone is so fond of saying, it's just a game. We're not rewriting Star Wars history. We're playing pretend, and should be interested in what would be the most fun.

Anyway, I hope there are multiple skins from all periods of the Star Wars universe available for multiplayer.

That Vader skin wasn't developed by Raven. Raven has their own agenda it seems for sticking to the plot line of Star Wars.

Of course Raven didn't make that Darth Vader skin - Lucas Arts was the developer for the original Jedi Knight.

Any agenda regarding a game should be to maximize the fun that people have playing the game. If that's having lots of options for customization, or having lots of skins for multiplayer, so be it. You need to know your audience, and know what they find fun, and within the bounds of feasibility, give that to them.

Yea I must say I'm somewhat concerned about Raven's attitude toward skins in MP.

Time conflicts, dead vs. living... yadda yadda

all irrelevant.

As others have said since it's MP it doesn't matter.

They should provide all the ones from original JK except perhaps some of the stupid "Dark Jedi" that were invented for that game.

BTW the whole "Dark Jedi" stuff was nonsense, it's like saying "Bad Good Guy"

There are Jedi and there are Sith, simple as that.

Thankfully JO seems to be going the right way with that.

When are people going to realize that the EU books are lame? and I mean real lame?

Let's see a Leia in slave outfit as an option, I wouldn't choose it since I have a strict "no female models" policy in online gaming... but I wouldn't mind seeing other people use it.

And I have never been one of those Boba-Fettish people at all, but I certainly did enjoy killing them in JK... so I hope they give them the mandalorian armor again, they were some of my favorite prey.

I used Jerec in the original, despite my earlier tirade against the dark jedi concept... I have no idea what I'll use in JO, but I do know I'll be using a green saber as always.

What I'd really like to avoid is the situation where there are too few skins available for multiplay - and too few cool skins, so that every game doesn't have 10 Kyles running around all over the place.

That was one of the things I hated about MotS. Almost everyone chose to be Dark Kyle because for a Jedi, from the relatively small selection of skins, it was one of the coolest, while most of the others were fairly uninspiring.

since they said no boba fett ( even though he did escape from the sarlacc in the books and if there going by the movies why the hell couldnt he escape from the sarlacc , they never said he died. And they are going by the books because it seems that luke has a jedi academy and thats from the books , so if they dont include a mandalor skin there crazy

I think it sucks that just because the game isn't set then they can't have skins from Episode 1. I would love to see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn skins too, especially in their jedi training gear. Darth Maul and Vader would be cool to see. A model for both Jango and Boba Fett too :jango::fett:

The Boba Fett question was especially funny... didn't they say that since he was "dead" that they wouldn't include him?

Hmm.. he was in Jedi Knight (or at least somebody ELSE in Mandalorian armor), and in fact in the EU, he survives. If you argue that JK2 has to follow the movies, then that excludes the entire premise of the EU, which is what happens OUTSIDE the official canon films.

There is no precedent to prevent the inclusion of "dead" characters either, as the Darth Vader example shows. I mean if the devs don't want to include them, fine, but what's with this attempt at accuracy? If the point is you can't have "official" famous characters in the game, they already violated that "rule" by having Luke Skywalker as your teacher.

If they want to be that careful with it in MP of all places, then we can't have more than one person play as Kyle... unless they are clones. ; P

And what if you decided to have a Luke vs. Kyle duel to the death? Oh wait.... that would never happen if it was "real" unless one of them turned to the Dark Side or something... but what if Kyle kills Luke? Never happened in any of the literature... so should all the "main characters" be invulnerable or unable to fight other good guys?

What about Chewbacca? I hear he "died" in one of the recent books.. so is he excluded from here too?

Heck, the original JK had "Dark Rahn" is that the dead Rahn character? I think they need to get better excuse or just not make comments like that... I know it's their probject, but really, it IS a game. ; )

Oh, and Vagabond, I thought Dark Kyle was cool, but definatley overused... btw, I think at least some of those Dark Kyles were people trying to use skins (like BFP2) that nobody else had installed (since it was the default skin.. well at least the "calm" dark kyle.. not the "angry" dark kyle).

As far as "Dark Jedi" being lame.. remember that JK didn't make up that term, it was made up in the early EU books, and it stuck. At the time, nobody knew who the Sith even WERE (and our ideas of who the Sith were were shaped by... you guessed it.. more EU material!). In fact, the "Sith" are never even mentioned in the SW films until Episode 1. Sure there are vague references in the early novelisations and scripts, but they never made it off the cutting room floor for the actual films.

And "Dark Jedi" is not an oxymoron. Consider "Fallen Angel" or "Black Knight" or even "Bad Cop." These are all valid terms. I'm sure you can think of other examples...

It's just somebody in a position of authority or responsibility normally associated with righteousness and honor, who has abused or corrupted their office through their conduct.

Anyhow, the difference between Sith and Jedi are that first off, one has to realize that all force users are NOT Sith or Jedi. The Jedi are just the dominant sect of public force practitioners. The Sith are another, RIVAL (and minority) group, with a different philosophy. Since the Jedi ascribe primacy to the Light Side, through their beliefs, anyone who practices the Dark Side logically breaks with the order, just a "Dark" Jedi is one who becomes a heretic to the Jedi traditions.

A Sith need not be a Dark Jedi. A Sith may have been raised and trained in the Sith tradition and had no contact whatsoever with the Jedi Order. Likewise, a Jedi may "fall" from the Order and embrace the Dark Side, but never join the Sith Order. Or he may.

Vader was a "Dark Jedi." He was a Jedi who fell to the Dark Side. He just happened to join the Sith! As far as we know, Palpatine was always a Sith, never a Jedi.

In any case, since JK2 is EU material (by definition) it needn't adhere to George Lucas's rules for his own canon movies, but rather the rules of the EU (and since it's a game, it has more of carte blanche in any case).

It's not like being a registered member of the Jedi Knights Galactic Association of Coruscant makes a person immune from corruption!

Originally posted by Vagabond

Of course Raven didn't make that Darth Vader skin - Lucas Arts was the developer for the original Jedi Knight.

Any agenda regarding a game should be to maximize the fun that people have playing the game. If that's having lots of options for customization, or having lots of skins for multiplayer, so be it. You need to know your audience, and know what they find fun, and within the bounds of feasibility, give that to them.

Yes true, but appearently Raven doesn't want anyone who is dead from the movies to be in the game (might be following the books as well.. )

Its their money they have to manage it effectively. If they feel a Darth Vader skin is out of place, so be it, we have to deal and make our own, or wait and see if they change their minds.

But see if they had simply said "We don't feel like making those skins/We don't have time to make that/ever skin"

I would have understood and just looked to the mod makers to do it.

It's just that their reasons seemed odd, considering what we've seen already in the series, and how these "rules" of their's just came out of the blue. I know Raven had nothing to do with JK or MotS, but the point is, the cards have already been dealt by the previous games, and since they changed the rules on us, people are bound to consider it a little odd that they can't expect the same stuff.

Agreed, Kurgan. And besides, if it's multiplayer, who really cares if they were alive at the time the game takes place? It's all make believe anyway. Like you said, you could have Kyle fighting Kyle, or Luke fighting Luke. If you're going to fall back on a lame excuse, then you need to be consistent in how you apply it.

And like Kurgan said, if they just felt there wasn't time - that's a valid reason. But this whole time-line continuity thing - that argument just doesn't hold water.

Hopefully, there will be a bounty of multiplayer skins for people to pick from.

Why bother including a Deathstar MP level, unless you provide at least some of the skins to go with it, such as Vader, Obi-Wan, Luke, Emperor...whatever. :rolleyes: I mean, if you want people to reminisce about the Deathstar, and recreate some of the duels in the movies, it's pretty much impossible to do that without the appropriate character skins, IMHO. :rolleyes:

Not that it particularly bothers me...it just seems a bit illogical. :)

We can always hope for some more skins in a bonus pack or something... I wouldn't mind seeing an enhancement pack similar to the one they did for Heretic II...

Archived