Home

Would you still be as interested in Jedi Outcast if there were NO sabers...

jedialphaknight

Would you still play Jedi Outcast if there were NO sabers?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still play Jedi Outcast if there were NO sabers?

• Yes!, I love the game no matter what!
    • Maybe..I would be as excited though
    • No, wut is the game without lightsabers!

The game couldn't be called Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast without Jedi or Sabres. Dark Forces was acceptable since no one had thought of putting melee weapons into a classic FPS before but once they did JK you couldn't make a sequel without sabres. You could probably live without the force powers but why would you want to??

Ok, maybe I'll get flamed for this... but I actually wish that the Dark Forces series would've stuck with the original formula fps, with Kyle Katarn, the one without force powers, and no lightsaber...

That's not to say that I wouldn't enjoy an fps with lightsaber and force powers, but that I wish it would've been a different series, and have the Dark Forces series remain the same (as far as force powers are concerned).

That's also not to say that I won't enjoy JO, quite on the contrary.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I wish Kyle would be running around with his black jacket, mandalorian armor, wielding his trusty bryar pistol without the help of the force or lightsaber.

Thunder, you are indeed crazy ;)

Nah, ur right, DF kicked ass and i wish i could see more of it (i.e. a fps df2.5 ;))

but if u really want somethin like that, get on a mod team for q3 or something and make it! ;)

Eh, can't really agree with that, Silent_Thunder.

I'd be excited about it though. It would still be kicking butt in the Star Wars universe.

But I like the Jedi, and I like the problems and trials that it presents Kyle with.

Like Zx2 said, mods are great... I liked the JK mods about before the events of Dark Forces. If I were to make a mod, I'd either make it about a Forceless bounty hunter or a Jedi of the Old Republic. I have many story ideas and writing ability, but no mod talents :(

I was thinking about that...

Would anyone play it if I made a Dark Forces 1.5 (or 2.5, like you said) mod for JO? (provinding it's good, ofcourse) Or is Jedi Knight gameplay (light sabers ect) far superior in that regard? It would be single player ofcourse.

I was thinking about making a gamorian axe replace the lightsaber... I aways wanted to use one in Dark Forces...

Hmm...that's kind of a double-bladed saber.

No...it's doesn't make sense having a game about Jedi that does not include the Force and Lightsabers. So, if Jedi Outcast had no sabers, and no force powers, it wouldn't make a great deal of sense, IMHO.

But Yes, I would definitely get another Star Wars FPS that did not allow access to the lightsaber or Force powers. I still want a Bounty Hunter game (for the PC, I hasten to add), or a Rebel/Imperial Commando type game (with each level a separate mission, sort of like DF). I just think there is so much more scope for this genre in the Star Wars universe...

I would NOT be as excited, but hey - I love Dark Forces with no sabers or Force ...

For me it would reclass the game - I like Elite Force very much, and would like "Dark Forces 2002" (for the lack of a better title) also. However, JK / MotS is my fave game ever. I anticipate that JK2 will take that slot.

I think storm hammers right, it would be awsome to have another game where you're a commando in the sw universe, having to employ stealth, differant tactics and what not. although i guess that's what the begining of JO will be like, before you get your saber + force.

I also think It would be excellent to have a game based on guns only in the starwars universe it would totally rock and I'm really glad some of you agree.

How about this. a Single player game with the option of up to 6 people in co-op mode. Jedi's Only use sabers and force Smugglers like Han Solo only use guns.. Basically I want a game where you can choose a party and play multi player... I wouldn't know how fun you could make it for the Droid Character though so maybe an NPC option.

I guess kinda like sw galaxies but more of a serious sam kinda game but with objectives you care about. They could sell it at $20 and make like 4 games a year and you could play with your friends and enjoy the ride much like the Solo leia Chewie Luke 3PO and R2 relationship in the original starwars. They could give us the players a sense of purpose by letting us decide what levels to do and in what order to make it less linear and a good puzzle system too where you'd "need" the jedi to force jump to unlock the door by going through the vent shaft.. and you'd need the droid to get info from the city computers.

in a wierd sort of way it would be an action adventure coop game with classes.

I'm glad to hear that its not all " I wanna be a jedi no matter what" kinda people in here

let me know if you would play a game like I described cause I hope Im not alone on that one either.

Yes, i would definately still play it. After all, Dark Forces is the game that got most of us hooked, and it is one of my personal favorites.

Without sabers it wouldn't be the same game, but it would still be really fun, though not quite so much as with sabers and force powers.

Originally posted by Lord Slart

The game couldn't be called Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast without Jedi or Sabres. Dark Forces was acceptable since no one had thought of putting melee weapons into a classic FPS before but once they did JK you couldn't make a sequel without sabres. You could probably live without the force powers but why would you want to??

doom had a melee weapon, the chainsaw.

Archived