• E-11 Blaster Rifle
    • Destructive Electro-Magnetic Pulse 2 Gun
    • Heavy Repeater
    • Bowcaster
    • Tenloss Disruptor Rifle
    • Golan Arms FC-1
    • Thermal Detonator
    • Det Pack,Laser Trip Mine,

i really just want the saber. I'll play guns to but i always loved just using the saber when playing JK. But that is when force levels are low. When it is Full Force i usually like guns, it balances gameplay instead of consistanly getting choked when in a saber duel or hit with a force destruction. :p

:lsduel:

Actually to be frank I'm just a little bit disapointed with the weapons. I mean, I'm not sure what I should have expected, but they are all pretty much (with the exception of the lightsaber, which is just a jazzed up version of the one in JK, plus some of the features of the weapons in Bushido Blade 2) stuff we've seen before in other games.

Like the FC sounds like the Flak Cannon from UT (except secondary launches two canisters instead of one), the Disruptor sounds like the Phaser Rifle from EF, the tripmines and det packs sound like their counterparts from Half Life (at best the det packs are like the remote sequencers in MotS), the TD's, ST Rifle, and Bowcaster sound virtually unchanged from JK with the Bryar pistol taking on the functionality of the BlastTech pistol from MotS, and the shock prod sounds like a blatant ripoff of the gauntlet from Quake3.

Then we have the "heavy repeater" (aka: chaingun+shotgun), and the generic rocket launcher for good measure. About the only non-Saber weapon that sounds kind of interesting to me is the Jawa gun. But we'll have to see, maybe the effects are all so cool that we won't be able to help but like them, despite their familiarity.

The stationary blaster cannons (MotS/TPM anyone?) and the autogun emplacements (Team Fortress, etc) sound like a good idea, hopefully they'll be implemented well in both SP and MP.

I'll miss my carbonite guns and sticky rails... (sniff)

But at least there's some mines in there, for creative trap setting... ; )

Still, I'm sure many will be happy to see that we now have a game that makes use some of the arsenal we've seen in the EU universe (beyond just the games).

I don't blame the weapons have resembelence to other weapons from other games. Just about every weapon in all games has some resembelence to a gun in the gamesof the past. Its an ok approach to take slightly simliar versions of the best guns and put 'em together in one big package.

Besides, some weapons like the Rocket Launcher, etc. would be things that people would complain about, if they weren't there.

I do hope that the guns *in JO* vary in function from each other.. EF kind of annoyed me because of the simliarity of weapons within EF.

Well, I like the Lightsabre of course but the Tenloss rifle sounds great. Just about every FPS game have the same type of weapons but yeah...it would be nice to have a different array of weapons. Maybe they will in JKIII.

Kurgan let's see you come up with a list of like 10 weapons that have never appeared in any game, or even 1 :)

I don't think I'd complain one bit if the weapons were all the same as they'd been in JK1.

I too will miss the carbonite gun...

And yes the Jawa gun seems promising, is it in this list? this poll?

I for one will NOT miss the carbonite gun. :) I also also agree with Kurgan on the lack of ingenuity of the weapons. Lets just hope that they are implimented better than we are expecting them to be.

And of course, I'm most wanting to get at the lightsaber, was there really any point in asking? :)

I'm looking forward to the disruptor personally... any weapon that's banned by the New Republic has got to be quite interesting!

The saber would be my second choice though, followed by the ever so reliable repeater gun.

Originally posted by JaledDur

I for one will NOT miss the carbonite gun. :) I also also agree with Kurgan on the lack of ingenuity of the weapons. Lets just hope that they are implimented better than we are expecting them to be.

And of course, I'm most wanting to get at the lightsaber, was there really any point in asking? :)

The carbonite gun was absolutely worthless IMO. However I had fun on using it on pedestrians and such... other than that I rarely ever used it.

Originally posted by L'Equa Sinar

What the heck is the Jawa gun? well, I saw wht it could do in "A new Hope" but how will it work in JO?

Taken from LEC's Official JKII Weapons Section -

Destructive Electro-Magnetic Pulse 2 Gun

Commonly referred to as the DEMP 2, the primary mode of the pulse rifle shoots out a concentrated energy ball which is very effective against droids, probes and other mechanical devices. The DEMP 2 also has a secondary fire mode which produces fast attacks that cause radius damage to droids and living things.

:)

I would have voted for saber, but i decided that you guys already know that the saber is the best so i decided to choose my second favorite.

At the time i voted for TDs they sound better, but i'm not sure. Now that i think about it setting up the perfect trap will be fun too and the jawa gun doesn't sound so bad either.

I do have to agree with krugan in saying that the weapons are quite familliar except i think that we can't judge the bowcaster untill i see it fire. It might work differently than we might think, instead of spreading out like its normal shot it might fire simallar to secondary fire of the repeater except you hold i down up to five shots.

I don't know for sure about most of the weapons but i belive them to be in good hands.

Sithcloak

My personal favorite has got to me the explosives. I love the sabre, don't get me wrong, but there is certain enjoyment in paying single player and running from people and hearing them scream as they walk around the courner into a well placed mine. Or playing multi and having your kill count go up and you haven't even seen the person yet. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compares to the enjoyment of running around with a mines and getting shot and then, as your body falls to the ground you see your killer step on one of your mines and get blown to kingdom come and since you died first, you can grab BOTH backpacks before he does. The lightsabre is clearly the best weapon, but who says that it's the most fun?

My personal favorite has got to me the explosives. I love the sabre, don't get me wrong, but there is certain enjoyment in paying single player and running from people and hearing them scream as they walk around the courner into a well placed mine.

Lol yeah your right explosives rule!

Archived